E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > jbeurotech

Conversation Between jbeurotech and effnine
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. effnine
    07-12-2011 12:11 PM
    effnine
    Sorry for being so intrusive but this is really bugging me....I posted this in DIY (sorry for the spelling lol)...any thoughts?

Hello all....I am new to all this but have been lurking here for awhile lol. I have an old 90 325 which I love (winter car)

I recently bought for my daughter a 2001 330ci. Topaz blue (she said it matched her eyes lol).

Anywya I tackled a couple of things on the weekend. Replaced the Valve Cover Gasket with a new one using a DIY on Youtube. Awesome and it seems to work.

My second project was to fix the BC stalk. There was a posting somewhere about a boken wire leading form the bc button. I took steering wheel off and eventually the stalk. I was able to get it apart and solder the wires together. Now the OBC works great. All functions appear ok but no turn signals The Hazards work but when I use the push the stalk down for a left turn or up for a right turn nothing happens (no click no light) The stalk stays in the correct position until you hvae completed your turn and then returns to the middle as per usual. The headlight high beams and flashers work appropriately.

Any ideas? Is it a relay? Is it the switch in the stalk?

And now I have to get my ABS light reset since I took out the abs...Dang!!

Thanking you in advance!!