E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Blown engine. What is car worth?

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  aniolPL 
#1 · (Edited)
Howdy,

My Car has major engine damage due to me driving it while overheating ( I was driving through a bad part of Detroit and had my kids with me, I rolled the dice...and lost ), so I am going to sell it and pick up another used BMW. I plan on selling my car on craigslist...but I have absolutely no idea what to ask for it.

Note: I cannot part the car out. I have to sell it whole as I live in an apartment. I looked on craigslist in my area to get an approx value, but didn't find anything.

car info:
2001 330i
175,000 miles
Automatic trans
Exterior in good shape with all body panels in great condition. All lenses intact.
factory Xenon headlights.
Interior leather in OK condition...no rips, just some wear points.

Any help with what it is worth would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#8 ·
Your car with the good engine and this mileage would cost around 5000 dollars, you have blown engine which cost of repair is about 4000. If it would be manual I would just get in my car right now and drive to your place to just buy it from you. Post some pics. I think 2000 its a fair price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Prov...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

If you are not willing to sell it buy an engine with warranty and fix it. You are going to have a car for another few years. This is why I wanna buy it from you. You will pay 4000 for the repair and easily you will drive it for another 3 years without problems. 4000 divided by 36 months gives 11,11 dollars per month. You will never get a cheaper car payment;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.