E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Hey everyone

968 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Titan 3 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I am new to this site and unfortunately do not currently own an e46 but have decided that if I buy a car in the near future, I want it to be an e46. Obviously being a fan of e46's I would ideally be looking at an m3, but i'm only 18 years old so obviously financing it would be a concern, especially since i'm also trying to afford college. So Ive decided to go with the more practical route and am searching for a 325i or 328i e46. What do you guys think? If you have ay suggestions or anything else let me know, thanks.

#4 ·
Skroggy13, if you are going to get an 325i I would opt for the one without the drive by wire, cos they are known to go faulty, that is the box underneath the accelerator. Also make sure there is no rattle when the engine starts up, cos that might be the vanos unit itself. When you take it for a test spin put your foot down, if the rear is knocking, that means the rear subframe has cracked, its gonna cost you ££££'s unless the car has done less than 100k and under 10 yrs old. Last but not least check it very thoroughly for any oil leaks next to the vanos. One more thing turn the ignition key if the airbag light and the engine management light does not come on when the ignition is switched it means someone has poopped the dashboard light bulbs cos this is very easily done.

Hope there is enough info there for you mate!

#6 ·
Thanks for the welcomes everyone:)
And scorpion king, thanks for the info! But when I go out for a test drive Im taking the car straight to a place called Imola Motorsports where they would be able to run through it and let me know everything thats wrong with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.