E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Convertible owners: Deciding between these springs?

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  OPTIMO 
#1 ·
Anyone have experience with lowering springs for convertibles? I am deciding between the followings, tell me what you think:

UUC tune springs - heard it leaves front wheel gap.

Eibach prokit - haven't heard much about it

H&R sport springs - most people here have it, wondering how much it drop on the convertible as the convertible is heavier.

Intrax - Recommended by Eric from SupermePowerParts, anyone knows anything about this springs?

Post pics if possible.
Thanks,
Ray

#2 ·
Ended up going 29484s. Didn't like the UUC all around drop, to me it makes the back end look like it's dragging.

Won't know what it looks like until I'm done installing them though.

Thought I was going to buy ACS springs for the longest time because in their kit they list a rear compensating shim that I figured would keep the back end from drooping. But saw some other vert owners with 29484 and went that route.

Somebody posted a pic of a vert with Intrax yesterday, scroll back a few pages or search.

#8 ·
Question on the Intrax

Thanks guys! Few more questions... Is the Intrax lower than the H&R? What are the average drop f/r for both springs? Why does Krix330cic(NJ) car seem so much lower than the one post by Dev?
Anyone have a good pic of a vert with H&R sport (29484)?

Thanks again!

#9 ·
Perhaps it's just a case of optical illusion with Krix's Hamann kit. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.