E46 Fanatics Forum banner

E46 M3 in carsales

9K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  ating 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I noticed this afternoon doing my own search that there are quite a few M3s in the sub 40k segment now, I think that's too cheap. The E36 M3s keep their value very well, pristine examples are still sitting around the late 20s to early 30ks. Quite incredible actually.

#10 ·
If something seems to good to be true, it usually is. If the car has been hanging around for a long time, then there's a reason why it hasn't sold yet. Even still, definitely worth checking out cos it is cheap! Good luck!

#13 ·
"No engine bay oil leakage found at time of inspection****
Engine runs and sounds good also showing no internal running faults****
Engine oil is discoloured, recommend servicing****
Drive belts cracked/worn - replace****
Check engine warning light is illuminated, needs service/repair - consistent with fault in
engine management system****"

"Some wear visible at suspension and bushes etc but consistent for age and kilometers - monitor
and replace as required**** Slight freeplay at tie rod monitor/service as required****
Brake disc rotors have wear lips, and will need machining or replacing at next brake service or
at RWC check****
Tyres showing greater shoulder wear and will need replacing as listed above recommend check
wheel alignment when fitting new tyres****
Minor kerb scrapes/damage to wheels****"

"This car performs reasonable for age and km showing mostly consistent wear and audible wear for
age/mileage****
Interior showing wear and tear - consistent with mileage****
Window washers inoperative - check water level****
Sequential M Gearbox Drivelogic Check light on dash, traction control inoperative on road test
- Requires electronic diagnostic/service to further assess condition prior to purchase****
Knock evident from rear driveline/suspension on road test - requires further workshop
assessment/repairs****"

"Vehicle has had panel and paint repairs to various panels****
Minor chips/sandblasting to windscreen****
Minor dents/chips/scratches to various panels****
Minor scuff marks at bumpers and side panels****
Minor stone chips to paint work on panels****"

kthxbye

#35 ·
Just want to clear the 18' wheel & cloth insert seat thing up. From MY04 you could still have the 18' wheels and cloth inserts seats as a "delete" options. A lot of motoring journos bagged the M3's ride on the std 19" wheels so BMW offered the 18" inch wheels as NCO.

You can still order cloth insert seats on the current M3 also.

#39 ·
Hmm, it's not bad. Cheap price for its kms, but it's an import so they won't fetch as much as locally sold M3s. How do you know it's an import anyway? Honestly I don't like ads that only have 3 photos. If you're gonna sell a relatively expensive car, at least put up a few more photos. No interior shots. Not a fan of 20" wheels, but I guess it's a show/promo car that's why it has it. Have you considered a manual? My friend recently had to repair his SMG - wasn't cheap.

#40 ·
I called the owner he said it's an import as he is the second owner.

I've got 1 photo of the interior and it's pretty clean and yes it is a show car , all pics are available from forge wheels website.

I consider manual like Raj but there isn't any decent one :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.