E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Save the world!!!! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1001182)

nihad05 08-13-2013 06:15 AM

Save the world!!!!
 
I stumbled upon some pictures on instagram the other day, and after a little research I found the site source. I've already ordered one and plan on ordering more. Its for a great cause so I figured I would share with the e46 family. Each watch helps a different cause. $45 dollars is nothing for us, but can mean the world for others. check it out

http://1facewatch.com/

Grande D 08-13-2013 07:33 AM

Interesting idea. Any pictures of one of the watches in action?

Gottalovethexi 08-13-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grande D (Post 15637465)
Interesting idea. Any pictures of one of the watches in action?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBBtyzBxtQk

djmangee816 08-13-2013 09:30 PM

nice

ghorn 08-14-2013 11:11 AM

wish you could see them in person first

IdahoToyo 08-14-2013 11:18 AM

Hmmm so it's like Tom's shoes but for watches and donates in multiple ways...I like it.

Would like to see in person of course..I don't think I'm hip enough to wear a watch that looks like that

ghorn 08-14-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdahoToyo (Post 15640523)
Hmmm so it's like Tom's shoes but for watches and donates in multiple ways...I like it.

Yeah, it seems there are more and more companies following this model. Not a bad idea, assuming the funds that are supposed to go to charities are being managed properly--i.e. the co. isn't taking a huge % for "operational costs" or what not.

Quote:

Would like to see in person of course..I don't think I'm hip enough to wear a watch that looks like that
It does look rather huge, haha

casino is no lie 08-14-2013 11:26 AM

Education and Water got shafted on their colors :rofl:

IdahoToyo 08-14-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghorn (Post 15640539)
Yeah, it seems there are more and more companies following this model. Not a bad idea, assuming the funds that are supposed to go to charities are being managed properly--i.e. the co. isn't taking a huge % for "operational costs" or what not.

Always comes down to this. I am a full supporter of charitable organizations but hate when it comes out that at the end of the day only a small percentage of what we think is "donated" makes its way to the end user; those individuals in need.

Quote:

Originally Posted by casino is no lie (Post 15640545)
Education and Water got shafted on their colors :rofl:

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...ain-planet.jpg

nihad05 08-15-2013 10:36 PM

I agree it may not be the coolest...but its 40 bucks, and for a great cause. I spend that much on stupid sh!t all the time.
Also the donation part, of course we can hope they are getting as much help as possible, but any help is better than none.

TayloMade[07] 08-15-2013 11:13 PM

Save the world!!!!
 
Nice.. Love stuff like this.

I'm a huge 10 tree clothing fan... Buy an item, and they plant 10 trees. Pretty simple.

Yes, hippy stuff.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

rover220 08-16-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TayloMade[07] (Post 15645071)
Nice.. Love stuff like this.

I'm a huge 10 tree clothing fan... Buy an item, and they plant 10 trees. Pretty simple.

Yes, hippy stuff.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Figures :eeps:

DylloS 08-16-2013 09:06 AM

this looks like an awesome idea actually.

nihad05 08-17-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylloS (Post 15645526)
this looks like an awesome idea actually.

Exactly why I had to share!

Kwando 08-17-2013 11:59 AM

Nice idea but I'd like to know exactly how much goes to the charity. Their FAQ claims they have metrics for it and are completely transparent..but no hard figures.

Master Po 08-17-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nihad05 (Post 15644984)
I agree it may not be the coolest...but its 40 bucks, and for a great cause. I spend that much on stupid sh!t all the time.
Also the donation part, of course we can hope they are getting as much help as possible, but any help is better than none.

How do you know your $40 will go to the cause you think it's going?
Have you checked with any of those beneficiaries? How many pennies of your $40 do they receive?
Gullibility is a bitch.

David McMahon 08-17-2013 12:57 PM

I bought a watch the other day, you've probably never heard of them.

nihad05 08-18-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Po (Post 15648144)
How do you know your $40 will go to the cause you think it's going?
Have you checked with any of those beneficiaries? How many pennies of your $40 do they receive?
Gullibility is a bitch.

Your right how do we know. It comes from the heart and intention to help the needy. That's all I can really do and hope they are receiving what is said. Like I stated earlier, any help is better than none

bimmerfan08 08-18-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Po (Post 15648144)
How do you know your $40 will go to the cause you think it's going?
Have you checked with any of those beneficiaries? How many pennies of your $40 do they receive?
Gullibility is a bitch.

This guy would be a crony capitalist. Thinks just like one. :rofl:

Master Po 08-18-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nihad05 (Post 15649101)
Your right how do we know. It comes from the heart and intention to help the needy. That's all I can really do and hope they are receiving what is said. Like I stated earlier, any help is better than none

My right? Or my left?
There is a lot more that you can do. :rolleyes:
Your intention may be good hearted, but your execution sucks. It's because of gullible people like you that we have so many scams in this society.
If you want to benefit the Cancer Society, just write a check to the Cancer Society. As a token of our (societal) appreciation, you get to write that off your taxes.
You chose to write your check to the watch maker because you wanted a watch. Their claim that you're benefiting the Cancer Society is the hook to sell more watches. You use that to justify your purchase and make yourself fell better: you didn't selfishly buy a watch for yourself... you helped someone with cancer. Yeah, right.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use