E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   DIY: Do It Yourself (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Good price for E46 with blown headgasket (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1011250)

epfenninger 10-25-2013 04:09 PM

Good price for E46 with blown headgasket
 
Hey not sure if this is in the right section, but lat year I bought an 01 325xi with a blown head gasket for 1300(also had broken windshield, originally wanted 1500 before I saw the windshield) I'm still interested in the subject so every now and then I go on Craigslist to browse bmw blown head gaskets. From what I have seen people ask way way more, I think I paid about right, 170k on the clock, no cruise or sunroof, cheapest you could buy, other than having all wheel drive and steptronic(still would rather have stick and get a sunroof instead but whatever). For anyone who bought or sold an E46 with a blown headgasket how much was it and what kind was it etc... just curious, was looking today and there was a 1999 328i and he wanted 3k for it with a blown head gasket, I thought that was ridiculous but maybe I'm wrong

hitbyastick 10-27-2013 09:33 PM

Some people have ridiculous warped beliefs that BMWs are still worth serious coin even when they're 13 years old and crippled. Car's worth 50 bucks to a guy like me because I have a firm grasp of how much hassle it is to get it running properly. To get a BMW running properly you have to fix everything. I'd say you probably got a fair deal if the rest of the car is pristine. If not you paid too much.

Pre-facelift E46 328 w/ blown headgasket for $3k? What a bargain! What a bargain for me!

not

epfenninger 10-28-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitbyastick (Post 15798513)
Some people have ridiculous warped beliefs that BMWs are still worth serious coin even when they're 13 years old and crippled. Car's worth 50 bucks to a guy like me because I have a firm grasp of how much hassle it is to get it running properly. To get a BMW running properly you have to fix everything. I'd say you probably got a fair deal if the rest of the car is pristine. If not you paid too much.

Pre-facelift E46 328 w/ blown headgasket for $3k? What a bargain! What a bargain for me!

not

It's not pristine but I love it, I wasn't expecting it to cost as much as it did to fix it. I needed to buy a new head and a timesert kit. But it ran in the end, so it's better than it still not running. It was actually 2.5k that was my bad, but still an insane amount

hitbyastick 10-28-2013 12:22 PM

You paid too much.

Flip it to some know-nothing for full mkt price, & go buy a facelifted E46manual trans one-owner with full service docs.

By the way, check your subframe mounting points. Dollars to doughnuts, you got cracks in your chassis. The pre-facelift cars truly are inferior to the rest. I'd rather have an E36 than a pre-facelift E46.

epfenninger 10-28-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitbyastick (Post 15799479)
You paid too much.

Flip it to some know-nothing for full mkt price, & go buy a facelifted E46manual trans one-owner with full service docs.

By the way, check your subframe mounting points. Dollars to doughnuts, you got cracks in your chassis. The pre-facelift cars truly are inferior to the rest. I'd rather have an E36 than a pre-facelift E46.

Yeah but at the same time I know my car, and it is very hard to find a reliable car for 3500 dollars, and considering that's what I have into it I'll take it

hitbyastick 10-28-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epfenninger (Post 15799669)
Yeah but at the same time I know my car, and it is very hard to find a reliable car for 3500 dollars, and considering that's what I have into it I'll take it


On the other hand I can respect that you're willing to stick with it

epfenninger 10-28-2013 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hitbyastick (Post 15800195)
On the other hand I can respect that you're willing to stick with it

Yeah, everyone said that the car wouldn't run when I was done, even my family but it worked in the end an I proved everyone wrong so I feel kind of a connection to the car, I've been doing some nice exterior things as well. I mean I was 18 and owned my own BMW in my own name, now I'm 19 but still nice. It has never let me down once, never gotten stranded anywhere(knock on wood) so I still love her


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use