E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Did I get dooped?! Eas aurora v2 (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1037038)

Just A Wagon 05-08-2014 03:57 PM

Did I get dooped?! Eas aurora v2

2 Attachment(s)
Bought these angel eyes from a forum member. Just wanted to check with anyone who has aurora v2 if these look the same.

I paid $95 for aurora v2's it came with the instructions for the auroras but the angel eyes I got do not look like the ones in the pictures on the instructions, the AE I have seem yellow and the AE's in the instructions are white. The clips are different than the ones in the instructions as well. Plus the quality seems a bit shoddy ... If anyone who has any knowledge on the auroras or anyone who has a set can chime in I would appreciate the feedback

Attachment 557565Attachment 557566

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Just A Wagon 05-08-2014 10:12 PM

Anyone?

Bafffyyy 05-08-2014 10:22 PM

Where did you buy them from? From the EAS website, I can't actually see that they stock the Aurora's anymore. If you're talking about the Orions, and the colour of them, is it yellow underneath the clear plastic, or is the plastic itself yellow? I'd suspect something if the plastic is yellowed, but if it's just the backing (where the LEDs are, I'd say that's pretty normal.

DERP: I didn't read that you bought them from a member. My bad.

They look ok ... Not entirely sure if they're either brand though.

JapanRot325ci 05-08-2014 10:32 PM

just test fit them and see if they fit.

they look normal to me. the instruction may be printed off fastm.com which uses orion v2.

http://www.fastm.com/m3/angeleyes_orionv2.html are those the instuction?

Just A Wagon 05-08-2014 11:52 PM

No, the instructions are from EAS had their logo and everything on the paper. I also noticed that EAS Has them on the site but you can't buy them. Just trying to figure out if they are actually auroras... I connected them to power and ground by my batter terminals to test them...they just didn't seem as nice as they do on the sites pictures

TerraPhantm 05-09-2014 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just A Wagon (Post 16147296)
No, the instructions are from EAS had their logo and everything on the paper. I also noticed that EAS Has them on the site but you can't buy them. Just trying to figure out if they are actually auroras... I connected them to power and ground by my batter terminals to test them...they just didn't seem as nice as they do on the sites pictures

All aftermarket angel eyes look better in pictures than in real life. That's why I removed mine (Orion V2).

JapanRot325ci 05-09-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just A Wagon (Post 16147296)

try messging EAS. from the picture those looks normal to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraPhantm (Post 16147302)
All aftermarket angel eyes look better in pictures than in real life. That's why I removed mine (Orion V2).

WHAT!? how did you not like the orion v2...they're way brighter than the picture one on umntiza website.

TerraPhantm 05-09-2014 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JapanRot325ci (Post 16147304)
try messging EAS. from the picture those looks normal to me.

WHAT!? how did you not like the orion v2...they're way brighter than the picture one on umntiza website.

Brightness isn't the only metric of quality. (and they were too bright at night anyway -- just washed out)

Bafffyyy 05-09-2014 03:13 AM

I'm honestly kind of fearing that with the V4's I ordered, but here's to hoping!

Cavi Mike 05-09-2014 03:19 AM

White LED's are not white, they are blue with a yellow phosphor coating. No white LED's are white.

Just A Wagon 05-09-2014 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraPhantm (Post 16147422)
Brightness isn't the only metric of quality. (and they were too bright at night anyway -- just washed out)

I agree and that's why I wanted auroras they seemed to be just the right brightness... Either way I will be installing them this weekend and if they look good then I really don't care... It's just that these don't match the product in the instructions at all.

daki_bmw 05-10-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JapanRot325ci (Post 16147304)

Yes, but they are just TOO bright (for my liking).

Tchleung 05-10-2014 12:53 PM

Yours look very similar to mines that I got new from EAS many years ago. I still have a bag of replacement clips as theirs were prone to breaking from vibration fatigue and I just doubled checked and they are indeed the same.