E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Will Dinan produce a SC or turbo for E46's? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=11617)

Jano 06-14-2002 02:02 PM

Will Dinan produce a SC or turbo for E46's?

Don't recall if this has been discussed this before but has anyone ever asked if Dinan is in the planning stages for producing their own SC for the E46? Or are they just pretty much giving up on major engine mods for the new gen cars and getting by with CAI's, chips, etc... ?

Dinan3XI 06-14-2002 02:17 PM

All I know is Dinan will never produce a SC for the 325. They said it would be a waste of their time because people woulnt buy it. BASTAGES!!!!:mad:

Clem 06-14-2002 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dinan3XI
All I know is Dinan will never produce a SC for the 325. They said it would be a waste of their time because people woulnt buy it. BASTAGES!!!!:mad:
At least they're still developing stuff for your car :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

B 06-14-2002 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Clem

At least they're still developing stuff for your car :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

soooooo true! :sad:

Auric 06-14-2002 04:04 PM

i hear rumor of a new SC but I dont know for what..

UltimateOne 06-14-2002 04:06 PM

who cares, it would be overpriced anyways, theres many companys this year coming out with new SC models.

Munich 06-14-2002 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by UltimateOne
who cares, it would be overpriced anyways, theres many companys this year coming out with new SC models.
For example???

Jano 06-14-2002 04:21 PM

I was as much curious in that w/o having a differencial product advantage, they must be a pretty small time operation, or maybe getting phased out by BMW.

It's too bad that there isn't anyone with the kind of relationship with BMW similar to the AMG tuning of Mercs. It's almost like Dinan gets somewhat of a free ride being a apart of BMW's network without really offering anything that other firms don't already offer.

I think I might have said this before, but it seems to me if an aggressive company like UUC had the same advantages that Dinan has and the same access to dealer's customers, we would be seeing some pretty awesome choices in tuning parts! I'm not knocking Dinan's products in any way, I just think that if anyone has an advantage in a competitive market, it them. They could pimp their products at every dealer to a captive audience of new buyers and they don't seem to be developing anything new or exciting.

alexh 06-14-2002 06:13 PM

I'm glad there's no AMG for BMW

Because the only merc's worth owning are AMG or other tuned (brabus,etc.), and who wants to spend the $$$ on a merc that HAS to be modded to look great. BMW's look sweet out the door, and only get better with mods.

XeetBMW330ci 06-14-2002 07:04 PM

Re: I'm glad there's no AMG for BMW

Quote:

Originally posted by alexh
Because the only merc's worth owning are AMG or other tuned (brabus,etc.), and who wants to spend the $$$ on a merc that HAS to be modded to look great. BMW's look sweet out the door, and only get better with mods.
Right on.

Samir 06-14-2002 08:05 PM

Re: I'm glad there's no AMG for BMW

Quote:

Originally posted by alexh
who wants to spend the $$$ on a merc that HAS to be modded to look great. BMW's look sweet out the door, and only get better with mods.
This may be true for the E46 and X5, but I'd take a stock E500 over the new 5 series and the S-class over the 745 anyday.

Booraj323 06-14-2002 08:56 PM

same here!

Stealthwagen 06-14-2002 11:42 PM

When I asked a rep at Dinan several months ago about an SC kit and/or more engine mods for the E46 cars he told me that they had no plans to do anything else. :thumbdwn:

When asked why, he said about 3/4ths of all 3ers are leased, not purchased, and therefore not enough market to justify the development expense for anything other than the easy on/easy off bits.

Not like the M cars or 5 series ya know, or perhaps the 330's. Made this statement with a fair amount of disdain in his tone of voice as well. Really pissed me off to their stuff as a result. And I have a fair amount of it on my car!!! :flipoff: :flipoff: Dinan

berman66 06-15-2002 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Booraj323
same here!
once you drive a 745 you will never want a s500. They feel completly different. The 745 actually feels sport and nimble rather than being the big boat the s500 is.