E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Midnight DDE Project.....complete!!!! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=11728)

lilherc79 06-15-2002 03:15 AM

Midnight DDE Project.....complete!!!!

Another fine job by Herb! This guy is gonna get a lot of attention from his kits! Keep it up Herby!!!!!

lilherc79 06-15-2002 03:16 AM

Another W.Xenons.

lilherc79 06-15-2002 03:17 AM

Close up.

lilherc79 06-15-2002 03:18 AM

Close up

CruizinKO 06-15-2002 03:20 AM

Daaaaammmmn Mike! Slow down on the mods so I can catch up!!! That looks awesome man, didn't know you had that planned :D :thumbup:

lilherc79 06-15-2002 03:26 AM

lol, was totaly spontaneous. I have a final tomorrow, and i got tired of studyin, needed something to get thing off my head. so i said, hell, where is Herby.... 2 hours later.... you seen the results. =) :thumbup:

BMWxtc 06-15-2002 03:29 AM

damnnnnnnnnnn those suckas are bright! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

lilherc79 06-15-2002 03:31 AM

i wish i had a more sophisticaed camera so i can use like a glare filter or somthing to rid the glare from the xenons and lights to see the halos better.

///ACS330Ci 06-15-2002 04:13 AM

Is that the new UUC kit or something else? Any pictures of the install? How did you get around the problems with the Xenons?

lilherc79 06-15-2002 04:18 AM

no this isnt the UUC kit. Xenon fit problem? what is the problem? I didnt not encounter any problems.

p0tpie 06-15-2002 04:23 AM

lol you can't even see the ones on the xenons

lilherc79 06-15-2002 04:27 AM

thats the camera. u have to see it in person. lthough i admit, teh xenon light does drown out the halo on the xenon side. but the highbeam side halo is very visible.

///ACS330Ci 06-15-2002 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lilherc79
no this isnt the UUC kit. Xenon fit problem? what is the problem? I didnt not encounter any problems.
What kit is yours? Is it available? I've read on here that some people who have purchased the UUC DDE kits ansd have Xenons have had fitment issues (the clips that hold the rings won't work right or something). It's been really hard to get any details, but is one of the reasons I've held off on getting any of the kits. Can you post some daytime pics?

lilherc79 06-15-2002 04:44 AM

i'll take some day pix first thing tomorrow. Here is the details on UUC halos. their ring is a 3/4 ring where you have to use the clip to clip the ring onto the surround of the light housing. the problem wiht Xenons is that the xenon side does not have the ring for the halos to be clipped on, hence the "problem" This kit's ring is a complete ring with the endings hooked 90 degrees. so the way this kit is mounted is by hanging (of course glueing the ring via the 90degree protrusion) ontop of the light housing. and the fibers is attached to the end of these protrusions and is lead outside through a cut of the rubber covers, which means NO DRILLING!!! The install is easy compared to the LED DDEs. the headlight doesnt even need to come off.

Another problem addressed is the heat denerated by the Bulb housing. Users of UUC or DDEs complained about the housing getting too hot and melting the fluid resevoir and even the fiber endings. This kit comes with a bigger housing with more ventilation. the housing can be felt with bare hands even after 1 hour or 2 of use.

lilherc79 06-15-2002 04:48 AM

This kit is custom made by Herbert! Guess you can call it The Herby Kit... lol (sorry Herb, I had to). He does sell these as full kits ready to be installed. The Halos and Fiber are preconnected for you. Kit comes with everything you need including epoxy, filters (Red, Blue, Yellow). If you are interested, e-mail Hert at : herbrock13@hotmail.com

///ACS330Ci 06-15-2002 05:02 AM

Sounds and looks sweet! I'll fire off an e-mail. Would definitely like to see daytime pics and any install picture you can come up with. You said the kit comes with epoxy, are there any irreversible mods that have to be done? How are they tapped into the wiring harness?

lilherc79 06-15-2002 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve
Sounds and looks sweet! I'll fire off an e-mail. Would definitely like to see daytime pics and any install picture you can come up with. You said the kit comes with epoxy, are there any irreversible mods that have to be done? How are they tapped into the wiring harness?
sorry but i didnt take any install pix. but i'll take some pix of how the light box and wires are installed and lead in. Like I said, i'll take some pix tomorrow.

All the modifications done can be reversed!!!!!!!!! like i said the only mod you need to do is the cut a little slit in the rubber cover on the rear side of the headlight for the fiber to come out. NO DRILLING REQUIRED! the light box is wired to the fog lights. If you tap it into the turn signals you increase the overall voltage of the turn signal system which will slow down the blink speed. But this doesnt affect the fogs. the EPOXY can be easily pried off. So if needed, you can remove the entire installation and be only left with a bearly visible slit in the rubber cover which no one can tell. If they can, its proyl just a screw driver made hole....

///ACS330Ci 06-15-2002 05:23 AM

Man that sounds really sweet! Thanks for all the info and I look forward to seeing your pictures later :)

lilherc79 06-15-2002 05:28 AM

Here is a day pic not my car, but The Herby Kit

dronell19 06-15-2002 06:07 AM

nice :thumbup:

but one thing i don't understand is, how is his kit different to UUC ones in terms of lighting and cable? both use fiber optics cables and 35w halogen bulbs. Why is herb's kit brighter?

and yes UUC/JP kits do have problem with melting fiber endings. I thought I was the only one. where do you hear about this?