E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   any shops in ny,nj,pa familiar with fi???? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=136047)

hakjai 01-15-2004 12:49 AM

any shops in ny,nj,pa familiar with fi????

hey i tried to do a search but couldnt find anything, are there any shops in the ny, nj, pa area that know what they're doing in terms of supercharging/turboing bmw's? i guess im more worried about the ppl installing and tuning whatever kit i get than which kit to get, the kit is only as good as its tuner right?
thanks
jon

Clem 01-15-2004 02:56 AM

a lot of members have dealt with Ultima Technik in LI, NY with positive results

hakjai 01-15-2004 05:19 PM

thanks a lot clem ill do a search on them
its funny that ur the one to tell me this and ur from canada

Nt_loader 01-16-2004 10:00 PM

If you get the ASA SK kit we can install it in my garage, its that easy.

O yea, I have heat in that sucker :pimpin:

stimpee 01-16-2004 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hakjai
hey i tried to do a search but couldnt find anything, are there any shops in the ny, nj, pa area that know what they're doing in terms of supercharging/turboing bmw's? i guess im more worried about the ppl installing and tuning whatever kit i get than which kit to get, the kit is only as good as its tuner right?
thanks
jon

I plan to be opening up a shop in the DE area in the coming few months.

You can find out more about me over on Bimmerforums as far as my reputation in FI stuff. I have designed and built a twin-screw positive displacement SC kit for the 1993 325is, and plan to move into the OBDII E36, and E46 cars in the not too distant future.

I would be happy to look at doing your install when the time comes!

Steve

hakjai 01-16-2004 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpee
I plan to be opening up a shop in the DE area in the coming few months.

You can find out more about me over on Bimmerforums as far as my reputation in FI stuff. I have designed and built a twin-screw positive displacement SC kit for the 1993 325is, and plan to move into the OBDII E36, and E46 cars in the not too distant future.

I would be happy to look at doing your install when the time comes!

Steve

hey steve i remember u, im on bimmerforums as well, hows the twinscrew project coming along, are u making kits yet?? for an e46?

hakjai 01-16-2004 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispvx
If you get the ASA SK kit we can install it in my garage, its that easy.

O yea, I have heat in that sucker :pimpin:

hey crispvx doesnt teh asa require tuning, otherwise u get a ses light?

Nt_loader 01-16-2004 10:58 PM

Quote:

hey crispvx doesnt teh asa require tuning, otherwise u get a ses light?

Nope, all you need to do is set the ASA tronic correctly and no SES lights. I have been running the kit since the summer and I have zero issues.

hakjai 01-17-2004 03:13 AM

crispvx im just doing my research right now, i want to know exactly what im doing when i do it so i wanted to ask around to see if i can get a sc installed when i do get it but if i do decide with the ASA ill definately hit u up, ur pulling some nice numbers on ur car, btw u have pics of ur car? other than the one with the purple headed guy?
jon

stimpee 01-17-2004 08:38 AM

Quote:

hey steve i remember u, im on bimmerforums as well, hows the twinscrew project coming along, are u making kits yet?? for an e46?

The project has been moving MUCH more slowly than I would like, but my car has been running flawlessly for 7 months and 3300 miles.

I will be moving into E46 territory ASAP. Just have to work out some issues, and get access to a vehicle for fit up...

Steve

itchyNscratchy 01-22-2004 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpee
The project has been moving MUCH more slowly than I would like, but my car has been running flawlessly for 7 months and 3300 miles.

I will be moving into E46 territory ASAP. Just have to work out some issues, and get access to a vehicle for fit up...

Steve

i'll volunteer my ride for the twin screw sc!