E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   My Supercharged M3 (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=139012)

///E46 329WHP 01-29-2004 05:14 PM

My Supercharged M3

Hello im new to the forums and would like to introduce myself... My name is Joe im from the lower part of NYC... Id like to give my input on my RMS Supercharged M3. Everything was done at my good friendís shop which will stay un-named till everything is all said and done. I will have more information for everyone tomorrow. We did a test dyno to see what the car was pushing at 4lbs of boost and we got 329whp which should change tomorrow*. The shop im getting it done by is extremely good with superchargers and turbos. We took the car out for a ride and spun 1st thru 3rd!!! Got to learn how to get the beast to hook. More Information tomorrow for all. Thanks I will keep you all updated with more info...
* There are some adjustments made to the car to make the difference from a stock Rms SC
Different tuning
Different Pulley System
Custom engine management

///M PWR 00 01-29-2004 05:54 PM

Come on man you have to post some pictures! :bow:

I am also in NYC and I would love to get a chance to check the car out once you are allowed to show it. Stupid question but was it worth the money? I am waiting on AA to release the S/C they have been working on and show the results. 4lbs of boost and your already making pretty good power, and your running a safe amount too. You gotta put some pics up man!

///E46 329WHP 01-29-2004 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///M PWR 00
Come on man you have to post some pictures! :bow:

I am also in NYC and I would love to get a chance to check the car out once you are allowed to show it. Stupid question but was it worth the money? I am waiting on AA to release the S/C they have been working on and show the results. 4lbs of boost and your already making pretty good power, and your running a safe amount too. You gotta put some pics up man!

Hey whatís up... where in NYC are you??? I will post pics up soon. As im looking at it now the car runs really strong but has one problem the compression on it is to high which will be fixed by doing internals soon, but for now were looking to run 9lbs on the stock block and pushing 417 WHP on a mustang dyno. To be honest I wouldnít do a supercharger if you donít have the money to spend, so much power you will keep breaking things,, if you plan to charge an everyday car for some it isnít a great idea knowing we all have a heavy foot in a car with so much power and your going to end up in trouble breaking things.

Unveiled 01-29-2004 06:37 PM

Post pics ASAP, as most would love to see the creation that you've managed to create. Post dyno's if possible as well. :thumbup:

///M3Matt 01-29-2004 06:39 PM

Hope everything works out for you b/c I know of some other M3's that have had quite a bit of trouble with RMS S/C's

///E46 329WHP 01-29-2004 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///M3Matt
Hope everything works out for you b/c I know of some other M3's that have had quite a bit of trouble with RMS S/C's

yea I know, I read the problems but im working with two well known places that know to work superchargers and turbos and been doing it for years, its going to be all custom work not just a stock RMS. I will keep everyone informed.

Jlevi SW 01-29-2004 07:19 PM

From what I've heard, it's safer and more beneficial to transplant a turbo'd E36 M3 engine... which is capable... at most... of like 900 ponies. E46 M3 is already pushing really high compression, right? Correct me if i'm wrong.

JL

Unveiled 01-29-2004 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlevi
From what I've heard, it's safer and more beneficial to transplant a turbo'd E36 M3 engine... which is capable... at most... of like 900 ponies. E46 M3 is already pushing really high compression, right? Correct me if i'm wrong.

JL

The problem isn't the S54 motor. The problem is the fact that the companies were trying to F/I the motor without reworking the internals. The S54's motor's compression is really too high for reliable F/I duty. All of those companies would have been more succesful had they changed pistons/rods. On behalf of the companies doing the R&D, they only did it that way to keep costs down for the consumer, however, they found that the consumer would be in a worse situation by applying such a procedure. Now that the internals are being changed, it shouldn't have a problem.

notE46 01-29-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

JL

you're thinking of the E30 318i engine. which is essentially what bmw used in the old F1 days. that engine made 1200hp with a nice turbo. actually probably made more but the dyno only went up to 1200hp.

Jlevi SW 01-29-2004 08:12 PM

Maybe so, but I have seen E36 M3 engines cranked up to 900hp. It's entirely possible, and the E36 m3 engine is often referred to as a great platform for FI cars.

JL

///E46 329WHP 01-29-2004 10:22 PM

[QUOTE=jlevi]From what I've heard, it's safer and more beneficial to transplant a turbo'd E36 M3 engine... which is capable... at most... of like 900 ponies. E46 M3 is already pushing really high compression, right? Correct me if i'm wrong.

your rite it is high compression that why I said the car is running strong but 1 problem which we all know is the car's compression is high, so thatís why were going to change the internals after running 9lbs on the stock block..

GarrettF 01-29-2004 11:21 PM

South part of NYC...sounds like my neck of the woods..Statne Island perhaps...i am going to do some investigating... i know of such a place that has alot of experience and the capability to do what you said above...

bobm3 01-30-2004 11:09 AM

welcome to the board

and where are you located to i am in bklyn myself if we are close we should hook up together when it gets warmer outside. but good luck and best wishes on your s/c quest hehehe.
bobm3 :hi: :hi:

1BADM3 02-01-2004 10:43 PM

[QUOTE=///E46 329WHP]
Quote:

your rite it is high compression that why I said the car is running strong but 1 problem which we all know is the car's compression is high, so thatís why were going to change the internals after running 9lbs on the stock block..

hey buddy,

i'm not alone! i have the stage three setup. did you get the second generation intake plenum?