E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   aa or asa? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=139026)

e popa 01-29-2004 07:47 PM

aa or asa?

Im down to these 2 superchargers what are some of the pros and cons of these 2? to me it seems asa has better blower but aa has the bigger injectors and software and asa does not? Is this correct? And what seems like the best thing to do? I want a car that I can drive everyday, that is like driving stock just with more power, :thumbup: If you have either and are happy,or unhappy please tell me why so I can make a decision. TIA

Nt_loader 01-30-2004 03:13 PM

I have the ASA SK I kit and I have no problems what so ever. I am waiting for renn sport to develop the software for it so that I to can upgrade my injectors.

I would say go with the ASA kit.

NickACS 01-30-2004 03:31 PM

I've had my AA s/c'er since last July and no problems either...I say AA, but it all comes down to your choice :)
Good luck!

Nt_loader 01-30-2004 03:41 PM

My last dyno run with the ASA SKI I kit showed 298 rwhp.

Maybe that will help you decide. :thumbup:

flashinthepan 01-30-2004 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispvx
My last dyno run with the ASA SKI I kit showed 298 rwhp.

Maybe that will help you decide. :thumbup:

Crispvx -

Have you had any knocking or detonation whatsoever ??

Does 91-92 octane work fine ?

Do you NEED the larger injectors ? or just want more flow/HP ?

Thanks for all the info BTW !!!!

Nt_loader 01-30-2004 07:24 PM

Not 1 single problem, the kit runs like a wet dream.

The kit needs nothing, I just want the larger injectors for more HP.

Do a search with my username, you will find tons of information, dyno charts, etc etc etc about the ASA SC.

e popa 01-30-2004 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispvx
Not 1 single problem, the kit runs like a wet dream.

The kit needs nothing, I just want the larger injectors for more HP.

Do a search with my username, you will find tons of information, dyno charts, etc etc etc about the ASA SC.

The asa runs fine with out any kind of software?

Nt_loader 01-30-2004 09:35 PM

Yes it runs fine and it gives me 298 rwhp of spanking power :thumbup:

e popa 01-31-2004 11:36 AM

when is software coming out?

Nt_loader 01-31-2004 12:29 PM

The guys over at renn sport told me it should be out by mid Feb, but dont hold me to this, give them a call and try to get an update.

uberslow325xi 01-31-2004 11:29 PM

hey crispvx what is the asa putting out at the crank? and what car do you have it on

Nt_loader 01-31-2004 11:36 PM

I have a 2001 330i.

SiLvaC32 02-01-2004 03:06 AM

my bro xS3x has ASA for about a year now. the car has been running perfect also.

m3on20z 02-01-2004 03:16 AM

any one have specs for the Asa SK II?...

Staszek 02-01-2004 12:27 PM

I know this doesnt help to much because I dont have one yet, but I have been doing alot of research and going with the ASA Kit later this year.

KompressorKev 02-01-2004 05:13 PM

i don't have experience with either, but i have researched and decided that ASA would be the way to go. here are a couple reasons:

more major tuners use them and have received praise not only for the smoothness of operation, but reliability and drivability as well (read: Alpina and Kelleners and Da-motorsport) i trust what top-notch quality Alpina trusts
because they have such a great reputation and would choose asa over the other brands.

rotrex superchargers have not been doing so well, as can be seen on reliability problems with e36 m3's and such - consequently, they have been banned by many tuners in europe (biggest factor for me)

asa has a great experience and being used in so many cars, where aa has just recently developed their rotrex units - seems like more actual customers have used asa problem-free for many miles despite having smaller injectors and no ecu tuning

rennsport is an excellent source for asa help and questions, and being one of the greatest contributors to the bmw-community knowledge-wise and sponsoring the forum, they are a great resource if you ever have problems - samir runs an asa supercharger so they have first-hand experience - i definitely trust samir's personal choice and opinion as the authority on bmw-FI

of course these are in my opinion and i have no experience, but i have gathered these reasons over months of research. there are definitely more reasons, but the fact that rotrex units, as used by aa, have received much criticism and i have heard many problems with their blowers (not to mention being nearly boycotted by euro-tuners), combined with asa's great reputation, is enough to convince me asa is the way to go. also, rennsport is an incredible place to work with i think based on their knoweldge, experience, and helpfulness with the asa-blowers, i would no doubt buy from them if i were to get FI. lastly, asa is known for having smooth operation like stock when not on it, but progressively much more power as you get on the throttle. they make great power, are reliable, experienced, have lots of customer-usage, and have lots of potential. for me, the greatest concern for an FI engine would be reliability and smoothness of operation, plus the fac t that there's customer support and it has been used on many cars, not just demo-cars. i've heard aa is a standup company and has been in the business for years, but is new to supercharging.i am in no ways downplaying aa, nor am i at all affiliated with rennsport in any way, but i have just come to my own conclusions based on my research. definitely my vote goes to asa. hope this helps, and good luck with your search!

kevin

brandonlowe 02-03-2004 03:21 PM

ASA.Just ask me! 10lbs boost and a smile on my face. :)

e popa 02-03-2004 05:21 PM

so I guess for a 323 the asa would be the best? :dunno:

AirBen 02-05-2004 11:37 AM

I think I'll be getting the ASA SKI very soon and visiting crispvx for the install :)

burrito007 02-05-2004 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirBen
I think I'll be getting the ASA SKI very soon and visiting crispvx for the install :)

remember to bring the beer :thumbup: