E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Transmission Malfunction With Boost (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=139958)

BMR2NV 02-03-2004 05:59 PM

Transmission Malfunction With Boost

Hi guys recently i have installed a supercharger sysytem to my e46 2001 bmw! I havent don the software yet still getting it done nxt week but the other day just cruising around the auto transmission went into transmission malfunction mode? After turning the car off it went out an rove normally again! How could this be? Im gussing its cause the software isnt done yet? Any one? :dunno:

Will ZCPM3 02-03-2004 08:20 PM

should you be driving it without the software? :dunno:

BMR2NV 02-03-2004 08:29 PM

I was on my way to see a workshop bout the computer when it happened! Other than that i Dont really drive it around!

eyemd 02-03-2004 08:51 PM

Hey BMR2NV, let us know what happens.

Also, could you tell us which SC you got? And how about a little review if you don't mind. I'm sure many would like to know. :)

BMR2NV 02-04-2004 07:32 PM

Well i have a 2001 model e46 318i i live in australia it comes with a 2.0L engine down here! Its a full custom setup running a roots style blower at 8psi larger injectors ems computer front mount intercooler! Will be getting dynoed and tuned this thursday! So when that happens ill post the results! :thumbup:

Hobbes 02-04-2004 09:15 PM

Did you hit the rev limiter too hard/too long?

I did this once while trying to keep pace with xS3x at the bimmerfest west run. ;)

Car went into tranny fault mode/limp. Pulled over, shut down, waited a sec. Started up. It's been fine ever since.

xS3x 02-05-2004 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobbes
Did you hit the rev limiter too hard/too long?

I did this once while trying to keep pace with xS3x at the bimmerfest west run. ;)

Car went into tranny fault mode/limp. Pulled over, shut down, waited a sec. Started up. It's been fine ever since.

haha..i forgot about that! :spit:

Craig 02-06-2004 04:46 PM

Anyone with a valid technical answer to this question??? :dunno:

Mr Paddle.Shift 02-08-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR2NV
Hi guys recently i have installed a supercharger sysytem to my e46 2001 bmw! I havent don the software yet still getting it done nxt week but the other day just cruising around the auto transmission went into transmission malfunction mode? After turning the car off it went out an rove normally again! How could this be? Im gussing its cause the software isnt done yet? Any one? :dunno:

I highly doubt that the lack of a ECU remapping is causing the transmission to go into a limp mode. Next thing, I will do is bring your car into a dealer and have them use a GT-1 to diagnose the system again. Never assume a "reboot" on a car and everything will be ok.

Also, try to find out the version of the transmission control unit (maybe there might be an update?) and also the model of your transmission.

Alpina has been using ZF 5-speed 5HP19 in their latest B3 S 3.4L, which outputs 300bhp and 362Nm. I will use that as a upper bound for our steptronic systems as well.