E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Anyone going to Lime Rock April 23??? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=140521)

dboffa 02-05-2004 09:38 PM

Anyone going to Lime Rock April 23???

Anyone here going to the NJ BMW CCA driver school held at Lime Rock this april? Registration opens next week and I'm definitely thinking of attending.

Dave

teamdfl 02-06-2004 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dboffa
Anyone here going to the NJ BMW CCA driver school held at Lime Rock this april? Registration opens next week and I'm definitely thinking of attending.

Dave

I'll be there. I already put in for the day off.

Ed

teamdfl 02-06-2004 10:37 AM

Registration opens Monday Feb. 16.

http://www.njbmwcca.org/applications/LR-2004a.pdf

You must be a member of NJ BMWCCA to participate. If you are a BMWCCA member but in another chapter, you can add an additioanl chapter for $13.50 per year per chapter.

Ed

///M3Matt 02-07-2004 01:04 AM

I might go to get some practice. Ill be there in June for the Club Race :craig:

teamdfl 02-07-2004 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///M3Matt
I might go to get some practice. Ill be there in June for the Club Race :craig:

I heard the funniest driving school quote EVER at the June school/club race last year. Going into the left hander, an E46 M3 suffered the typical bearing failure resulting in coolant, oil, and connecting rods all over the track right in front of me and a race prepped E36 M3. I found the driver of the E36 in the paddack after the run to talk about the incident and he said, "They should back charge E46 M3 drivers for all the track time lost to cleaning up after them."

Ed

alken 02-07-2004 06:36 PM

I'm gonna shoot for doing one over the summer... depends on results of house shopping :D

mc 02-08-2004 06:15 PM

If I can scrape up a little looch I will definitely try to be there. I'd much rather attend an NJ school and meet some of you guys. The Boston Chapter events haven't been terribly exciting from my experience. If not, I'll try to make the NHIS event this summer if any of you guys are heading up. Ed, you said you were thinking about it?

teamdfl 02-08-2004 09:52 PM

Yeah, I would still like to go to NHIS. Lets us know when you are going.

Ed

teamdfl 02-12-2004 07:25 PM

Registration for the April LRP school in TUESDAY, not Monday due to the holiday.

Ed

E28Fiend 02-16-2004 11:08 PM

I'll be there also...I'll finally have an opportunity to meet some of you guys....gonna register tomorrow.

teamdfl 02-17-2004 03:36 AM

The NJ Chapter gets LOTS of applications for the LRP schools. To increase your chances of getting in, make sure you include everything (copy of your membership card, SASE, complete and correct application form) in the envelope. Also, walk your envelope into the post office and ask someone behind the counter to hand postmark it for you. If all things are equal, the postmark from the first day of registration beats the later postmark.

Ed

teamdfl 02-17-2004 11:06 PM

I had to go to a customer site out in PA today which meant I could not walk my application up to a counter at a post office for a postmark. Instead, at 4:30am on my way to PA, I found a mailbox in front of the local post office which is supposedly emptied at 7:00am. In theory, the envelope will receive a 2/17 postmark. I guess I'll know for sure in a few weeks if I get my registration package.

Work sucks. I need to become independently wealthy.

Ed

dboffa 02-18-2004 01:00 AM

Does previous experience matter for this?
I made sure to include everything, and I had the envelope hand post-marked, but I had no experience to list on the application. Will this affect chances of registration?

teamdfl 02-18-2004 06:56 AM

Quote:

Does previous experience matter for this?
I made sure to include everything, and I had the envelope hand post-marked, but I had no experience to list on the application. Will this affect chances of registration?

Your experience level does not matter. They run 4 groups that vary in experience level from novice to instructor at most schools. The only exception is the June driver school/club race. They typically have fewer instructors due to the club race so they eliminate the novice run group.

I hope to see you there. I usually park near or under the big tree in the paddock at LRP. Look for the Delphin Grey E30 with patchy clear coat.

Ed

dboffa 02-18-2004 11:53 AM

Time to just wait for the registration package, I guess.
I'll finally get to meet the (in)famous Ed whom people talk about at autocrosses (though hopefully they'll be a bushingfest before then). :D

alken 02-18-2004 03:06 PM

Quote:

Time to just wait for the registration package, I guess.
I'll finally get to meet the (in)famous Ed whom people talk about at autocrosses (though hopefully they'll be a bushingfest before then). :D

yesssss... bushingfest... swaybarfest... :D

dboffa 02-18-2004 03:20 PM

I just realized I put "they'll be" when in fact I should have put "there'll be". That's disgraceful. Too late to edit.
F*ck. I need to start reading my posts before posting.
But yes, bushingfest, swayfest, whateverelsefest - I'm all for it. :D

teamdfl 04-22-2004 01:31 PM

See y'all at the track!

Ed

teamdfl 04-24-2004 10:32 PM

It rained the first half of the day. There was standing water on track for the first two runs. The third run was just damp and the fourth had a full dry line all the way around. I actually like driving in the wet because it slows everyone down and reduces the HP advantage.

http://www.teamdfl.com/events/lrp_4_23_04/