E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   RAce or Sport Springs? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1480)

Haftalife 04-18-2002 06:28 PM

RAce or Sport Springs?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hey guyz....I was wondering what you guys think about getting the H & R sport springs or Race springs. I want a drop but it can't be too dramatic cuz ilive around a grip of messed up roads. But at the same time I don't want to spend money on springs and not get a decent drop. Does the Sport drop it enough to make it look different or will it look almost identical to the Sport package suspension? Thks.....

Ward 04-18-2002 06:48 PM

Get race
 
It will drop it decently. I think the sport H&R will look way too close to stock. But keep in mind that the H&R race won't lower the rear as much as anyone would like so you could maybe look into the JK setup

obLu 04-18-2002 07:07 PM

What kind of wheels r them?
 
Focus owns you boy, got a better picture? :D

Kind of look like adr m-classics? If they are I want more pics because I've been drooling over them for awhile now.

Full Time Hit Man 04-18-2002 07:11 PM

Go for Race springs.

Clem 04-18-2002 07:35 PM

The coupe only has 1 style of H&R spring: sport which equal race for sedan.

sweetbimmer 04-19-2002 12:24 AM

RACE!:yikes:

koneng 04-19-2002 12:27 AM

I bought Sport H&R for the first timee and really not satisfied with the result. Then go to Race. I prefer race! With 18" it will ride nice.

blue_bimma 04-19-2002 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Clem
The coupe only has 1 style of H&R spring: sport which equal race for sedan.
so there aren't race springs for a coupe? I thought about what kind of springs to get too. I don't want to sacrifice ride quality..... but if sport is the only choice I have from H&R, then it will make my decision a lot more easier

Clem 04-19-2002 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by blue_bimma


so there aren't race springs for a coupe? I thought about what kind of springs to get too. I don't want to sacrifice ride quality..... but if sport is the only choice I have from H&R, then it will make my decision a lot more easier

Yes for the coupe, sport (aka race for sedan) is your only spring choice from H&R, I have them and the ride is firmer and not at all harsh.

blue_bimma 04-19-2002 03:39 AM

hey, i just check the e46fanatics store and they don't sell H&R sport springs for coupes, they only offer race springs for coupes.....

so did you mean there aren't sport springs and only race springs from H&R for the coupe?

Samir 04-19-2002 04:04 AM

RACE :thumbup:

Clem 04-19-2002 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by blue_bimma
hey, i just check the e46fanatics store and they don't sell H&R sport springs for coupes, they only offer race springs for coupes.....

so did you mean there aren't sport springs and only race springs from H&R for the coupe?

It's a misnomer. Many people call H&R sport for coupes "race"

JawKnee 04-19-2002 06:04 AM

If you have an e46 coupe and want to lower it with H&R springs, all you have to worry about is making sure that the part number on the springs is 29484 (they are red in color). Nothing else to it...

You can also run the JawKnee setup with the 50410-88 spring in the rear (i.e. H&R e36 m3 race spring) and the 29484 up front...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use