E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   No more M Parallel replicas for E46? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=162077)

notE46 05-03-2004 02:04 AM

No more M Parallel replicas for E46?
 
I checked discount tire as well as wheel exchange and they don't list them for E46 3 series anymore :(


know any other place that sells them online?

RS6 05-03-2004 02:19 AM

Ebay has a lot.

notE46 05-03-2004 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS6
Ebay has a lot.



duh! hehe i forgot to check there! :)

thanks!

soheilm3 05-03-2004 04:12 AM

wouldnt the e36 ones fit the e46?
--soheil

notE46 05-03-2004 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soheilm3
wouldnt the e36 ones fit the e46?
--soheil


yeah they would but the E36 M3 ones aren't the ones I want :)

I want the ones on the E38 7 series :)

http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/51...m-parallel.jpg

idoc330ci 05-03-2004 10:47 AM

Dude...that's sucks! I guess i got lucky when i bought mine last august at the Wheelexchange. However, the guy there did say that sometimes they're on backorder. Just keep checking back, they'll probably get some more in soon. Did you try to call the company and find out? Good luck.

BealeAss 05-03-2004 11:03 AM

yeah i too noticed that awhile ago,so i posted about it and after a little questioning it turns out bmw has this set of lawyers that do nothing but look for things with the bmw logo that doesn't involve them. at one point not terribly long ago they confiscated the design for the m parallel replica's and a few others. they took the design and even the machines that made the wheels,this was mostly located in italy,which is if you look on ebay is where most of them come from. its too bad i like the m parallel's too!

idoc330ci 05-03-2004 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BealeAss
yeah i too noticed that awhile ago,so i posted about it and after a little questioning it turns out bmw has this set of lawyers that do nothing but look for things with the bmw logo that doesn't involve them. at one point not terribly long ago they confiscated the design for the m parallel replica's and a few others. they took the design and even the machines that made the wheels,this was mostly located in italy,which is if you look on ebay is where most of them come from. its too bad i like the m parallel's too!


That's weird though cause they still sell replica M68 and a couple of other M wheels at those companies? Why is just M parallel wheels affected? :dunno:

BealeAss 05-03-2004 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idoc330ci
That's weird though cause they still sell replica M68 and a couple of other M wheels at those companies? Why is just M parallel wheels affected? :dunno:


they only get a few models at a time i guess,but m parallel got chosen this time...bastards!

notE46 05-03-2004 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BealeAss
they only get a few models at a time i guess,but m parallel got chosen this time...bastards!


that and I know BMW really goes after the M name "abuser".

sakram 05-04-2004 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idoc330ci
That's weird though cause they still sell replica M68 and a couple of other M wheels at those companies? Why is just M parallel wheels affected? :dunno:

whats your thoughts on the replica rims?? is it worth buying them and saving $$$ from OEM. How close do they match the OEM and hows the quality?

idoc330ci 05-06-2004 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakram
whats your thoughts on the replica rims?? is it worth buying them and saving $$$ from OEM. How close do they match the OEM and hows the quality?


So far...i'm pretty satisfied with them. They still look as new as the day i got them. The rims are about 9 months old now. They look the same as OEM imo. The quality is very good actually with no vibrations...at first i was a little apprehensive about replicas but when i finally got them i was impressed. :thumbup: For the quality and the price i'm very happy :thumbup:

scotts330 07-17-2004 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idoc330ci
So far...i'm pretty satisfied with them. They still look as new as the day i got them. The rims are about 9 months old now. They look the same as OEM imo. The quality is very good actually with no vibrations...at first i was a little apprehensive about replicas but when i finally got them i was impressed. :thumbup: For the quality and the price i'm very happy :thumbup:

hey idoc330ci..another message from scotts330 (i sent a private one praising your wheels then i found this thread)-- what size rims are you running? 8x18 front and ???? rear? what did they sell you for the E46? why can't we get the ones for the 7-series with 8x18 front and 9.5x18 rear? is it the offsets?

thanks again,

scott

notE46 07-17-2004 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotts330
hey idoc330ci..another message from scotts330 (i sent a private one praising your wheels then i found this thread)-- what size rims are you running? 8x18 front and ???? rear? what did they sell you for the E46? why can't we get the ones for the 7-series with 8x18 front and 9.5x18 rear? is it the offsets?

thanks again,

scott


the ones for E46 are all replicas. the reason why you can't use the 7 or 5 series oem ones is not because of the offset. that's the least of the problems.

e39 5 and e38 7 uses a 76.4mm hub diameter versus E46s 74mm... I might be off on the numbers but the fact is the hub diameter is too large for the E46.

I checked ebay on and off for about 2months and bid on the wheels with 4hrs to go. Got it for $624 total including shipping. They are 18x 8" all 4.

They are sitting in my living room waiting for tires to arrive :D

scotts330 07-17-2004 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notE46
the ones for E46 are all replicas. the reason why you can't use the 7 or 5 series oem ones is not because of the offset. that's the least of the problems.

e39 5 and e38 7 uses a 76.4mm hub diameter versus E46s 74mm... I might be off on the numbers but the fact is the hub diameter is too large for the E46.

I checked ebay on and off for about 2months and bid on the wheels with 4hrs to go. Got it for $624 total including shipping. They are 18x 8" all 4.

They are sitting in my living room waiting for tires to arrive :D

thanks for the info-- i saw those on ebay (the ones you just got), the only thing i wasn't thrilled about was having 8.0" widths on the rear (i've got 8.5x17 now with 245s on them)...i was hoping to upgrade to 9.0 or 9.5 to run with 255s. what size tire are you going with, 245?

great price on those, BTW...scott

notE46 07-18-2004 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotts330
thanks for the info-- i saw those on ebay (the ones you just got), the only thing i wasn't thrilled about was having 8.0" widths on the rear (i've got 8.5x17 now with 245s on them)...i was hoping to upgrade to 9.0 or 9.5 to run with 255s. what size tire are you going with, 245?

great price on those, BTW...scott


going to up 235/40/18s on all 4 corners. I don't care about how it's going to look (stance wise) so it's perfect. I can rotate the tires so they last longer. At the same time dial out some of the understeer. Lastly I'll probably end up with kumho MX which are wider than say michelin pilots sports in the same size so it should be fine. Either those or toyo t1-s which are a little bit wider.

scotts330 07-18-2004 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notE46
going to up 235/40/18s on all 4 corners. I don't care about how it's going to look (stance wise) so it's perfect. I can rotate the tires so they last longer. At the same time dial out some of the understeer. Lastly I'll probably end up with kumho MX which are wider than say michelin pilots sports in the same size so it should be fine. Either those or toyo t1-s which are a little bit wider.

yeah...it's nice to have the same wheels all around. cool man, thanks again for the feedback. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use