E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   tires and wheel (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=178983)

tomalexm 07-09-2004 02:50 PM

tires and wheel

i jsut got a new used set of rims, got them mounted, and one was bent. the guy said that he could fix it fine by putting a really long strip of weights to balance it. there are (12) 10 gram weights on this rim. is this ok??

also, what is a prper tire pressure for the summer for 4 staggered m68 rims?

they have 29/33 F/R now, thats what the door said. they are 245/45/17 all around

thanks,
tom

tomalexm 07-09-2004 07:06 PM

hey

WarSong 07-09-2004 09:26 PM

that would fix the balance problem maybe, but the wheel still is bent! i would not be happy with that at all.

tomalexm 07-21-2004 12:15 PM

any ideas on tire pressure? staggered rims, but same tires, see first post thanks

blurizpimpin 07-21-2004 01:41 PM

:yikes: a bent m68.... tire pressure should be in the 30s.. as far as the weight goes you should see if you can get that rims fixed, its only going to create more problems

tomalexm 07-21-2004 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blurizpimpin
:yikes: a bent m68.... tire pressure should be in the 30s.. as far as the weight goes you should see if you can get that rims fixed, its only going to create more problems

is a bent m68 surprising? i really have no idea. i watched the guy balac ethe wheels, and he knew a lot about it, and he said that it wasnt so bent that the weights couldnt fix it. i guess i am just being stubborn. will it affect anything other than tire wear? high 30's foor psi maybe?
thanks

unionjack 07-21-2004 05:23 PM

Bent is bent any way you look at it.

blurizpimpin 07-21-2004 05:31 PM

^^ no because there are degrees of a rim being bent..

some bends can be fixed while there are other bends that can be fixed.. if its a slight bend then i would get it fixed a.s.a.p. .. it will leave you uncomfortable and will cause a lil vibration... if the rims is bent to the point you can't fix it.. get rid of it because its only going to cause problems

unionjack 07-21-2004 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blurizpimpin
^^ no because there are degrees of a rim being bent..

some bends can be fixed while there are other bends that can be fixed.. if its a slight bend then i would get it fixed a.s.a.p. .. it will leave you uncomfortable and will cause a lil vibration... if the rims is bent to the point you can't fix it.. get rid of it because its only going to cause problems

You misunderstood my point. I'm referring to the wheel guy saying he can "fix it" by simply adding weight to balance it out. Now to continue the thought, bent is bent any way you look at it.

And yes, I know there are differing degrees of bends. I've had a few of my own in my lifetime.

tomalexm 07-21-2004 11:37 PM

is it the type of thing where if it doesnt bother me then it is ok? i wouldnt have known it was bent if he hadnt told me. the only prob is the string of abotu 10 small grey weights on the rim on the inside but u barely see it.