E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ok its offical, when i installed the nr guages it mess up my speedo (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1791)

Topaz330 04-20-2002 11:07 PM

ok its offical, when i installed the nr guages it mess up my speedo

1 Attachment(s)
now my speedo is about 5 mph off. it reads that i'm going 5 mph slower than what i'm really doing. i tried almost anything i could to fix it. first off i took off the nr guages( they look aight but i'll stick to the stock look) then i tried to replug everything back in, but it recalibrates it to the same spot thats way lower than what its supposed to be. i tried plugging it in and moving the needle on notch forward to get it to where its supposed to be. it worked for alittle while but somehow went back to the same spot later on. does anyone know how to get the needle back to where its supposed to be? do i need to bring it to the dealer to maybe recalibrate it or something? i mean the needle isn't broken because it moves perfectly fine but this thing is driving me nuts! any help please. heres a pic:

Titan 3 04-20-2002 11:39 PM

sorry to hear about the drama.
If you're selling the gauges in new condition I'd like to hear about it. Hit me up on email.

thanx,
Mike

Cecil 04-21-2002 03:12 AM

Re: ok its offical, when i installed the nr guages it mess up my speedo

Quote:

Originally posted by Topaz330
now my speedo is about 5 mph off. it reads that i'm going 5 mph slower than what i'm really doing. i tried almost anything i could to fix it. first off i took off the nr guages( they look aight but i'll stick to the stock look) then i tried to replug everything back in, but it recalibrates it to the same spot thats way lower than what its supposed to be. i tried plugging it in and moving the needle on notch forward to get it to where its supposed to be. it worked for alittle while but somehow went back to the same spot later on. does anyone know how to get the needle back to where its supposed to be? do i need to bring it to the dealer to maybe recalibrate it or something? i mean the needle isn't broken because it moves perfectly fine but this thing is driving me nuts! any help please. heres a pic:
Well it's a really good one to tell the popo when pulled for speeding? ;)

Topaz330 04-21-2002 09:29 AM

anyone know if this is fixable?

Cyclone 04-21-2002 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Topaz330
anyone know if this is fixable?
Seems like I remember people suggesting moving the needles as far from 0 as possible (Towards the top speed). and then back to 0 again. This tells the speedo your max and min speeds. Or something like that. :dunno:

-Ryan- 04-21-2002 12:16 PM

Did you check your speedo before installing the gauges? I know my car is about 3 mph off just because the difference in tire size (going from stock to aftermarket). Find one of those online tire size calculator things that includes mph adjustment and put in your stock tire size compared to what you have now.

Just a theory...

Topaz330 04-21-2002 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rdubb
Did you check your speedo before installing the gauges? I know my car is about 3 mph off just because the difference in tire size (going from stock to aftermarket). Find one of those online tire size calculator things that includes mph adjustment and put in your stock tire size compared to what you have now.

Just a theory...

well yeah i don't mind that, but if you look in my pic, the needle sits way below where its supposed to sit