E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anyone else waiting too long for there DPEs? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=179880)

aural iNK 07-13-2004 01:15 PM

Anyone else waiting too long for there DPEs?

It's been over 10 weeks time since ordering these wheels and I have absolutely no idea when they will be completed. The problem apparently lays with DPE themselves. I figure mine may be part of a whole batch of wheels that are behind schedule, and as popular as they are here, maybe some other people are in the same boat, and had more info? Is this what is expected when ordering these types of things?

WarSong 07-13-2004 08:05 PM

it's common for delays in custom wheels. this has happened to people with hre and iforged as well...

tension 07-13-2004 10:30 PM

I don't think that's typical...mine took 10 weeks including delivery to Canada & a week at customs :banghead:

Have you called them to inquire about the delay?

OnePhatCLK 07-19-2004 01:52 AM

Well its been exactly 6 weeks and no update yet :thumbdwn:

tbone84x 07-20-2004 12:11 AM

Custom made wheels take forever to arrive, but they are definately worth the wait. :thumbup:

EuRoPrOjEkTzE46 07-20-2004 10:04 AM

tbone84x and warsong: You are both correct. This is a common thing amongst all custom wheel manufacturers. They are definitely tailor made to the enthusiast. Offering such custom offsets and finishes does take time.

They are definitely worth the wait since wheel choice can either make or break a beautifully modded car.

OnePhatCLK With all custom forged wheel manufacturers, 4-6 weeks is standard. At times, especially during the summer, orders increase tremendously. This puts a large demand on manufacturers; therefore, 1-3 wk delay is possible depending on finish and/ or special requests the customer may have.

I've heard another forged wheel manufacturer has a backorder so if you are at your 6th week, I would definitely not worry too much because it is better than waiting 4-5 months. In the end, you will receive your wheels I am sure. I've been through many wheels myself and have dealt with numerous wheel manufacturers so I think I know the industry enough to know what I am talking about.

Just my .02 cents.

Manu

Fongx 07-21-2004 12:21 AM

DPE keeps talking about customer service. If they are going to be late they should at least contact the customers and let them know.

Maybe the talk is just all about hot air.

lilherc79 07-21-2004 01:11 AM

"We have been in contact with customers of any and possible delayed orders."

Keep in mind due to privacy issues we do not have all customer's contact information. Therefore certain customers we can not be in direct contact with unless specified. Certain retailers insist they be in direct contact, in that case we relay the information to them and leave the customer service to the end retailer.

We follow these rules because we respect the privacy and space of our retailer's structure, the end customer and "the basic business ethic". THAT is the bottom line.

aural iNK 07-26-2004 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilherc79
Keep in mind due to privacy issues we do not have all customer's contact information. Therefore certain customers we can not be in direct contact with unless specified. Certain retailers insist they be in direct contact, in that case we relay the information to them and leave the customer service to the end retailer.

Lets just say that DPE has been given my telephone #, and two emails from one of your distributors to inquire about my wheels that are now in their 11th week, with no response. I understand the whole custom wheel thing, but don't you think the "bottom line" should be to keep your end retailer/customers informed of when they should be expecting their order, especially when running 5-7 weeks late?

Half the reason I ordered DPE was because of the great customer service this board spoke of. Why have you not extended this service to me?

tbone84x 07-26-2004 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aural iNK
Lets just say that DPE has been given my telephone #, and two emails from one of your distributors to inquire about my wheels that are now in their 11th week, with no response. I understand the whole custom wheel thing, but don't you think the "bottom line" should be to keep your end retailer/customers informed of when they should be expecting their order, especially when running 5-7 weeks late?

Half the reason I ordered DPE was because of the great customer service this board spoke of. Why have you not extended this service to me?

11 weeks and no response, that's pretty bad. Hope you get them soon.

OnePhatCLK 07-26-2004 04:12 PM

Geez, im in the same boat as you but havent been waiting that long. DPE is starting to look like iforged. Hopefully they get there act together. People would but more at ease if atleast the customer service(cummunication) was there. People who were told they would only have to wait 4-6weeks should be compensated. When integrity is questioned reputation is at stake.

lilherc79 07-28-2004 09:18 PM

Quote:

Aural Ink (Bobby?): I am in charge of only a handful of orders. When you contact "me" for anything particular, I may not have any of your information. I am glad to be at your service. Just let me know your contact information and your order description and all your questions will be answered. And if you are Bobby, your order is already complete and will be at SPP tomorrow (July 29th).

Again, we have had some issues with delays which have already been addressed and changes are being made to resolve them. As you know, all companies go through growing pains and we are no different. This is not an attempt to provide an excuse, but more to show you we are taking actions to better serve the community. We take pride in our products and it is our commitment to instill in you, the customer, that DPE strives to provide better communication and service in the future. These experiences, as unfortunate as they are, in the end will make us a reliable and reputable company.

Thank you.

ptons 07-28-2004 09:37 PM

i wish i had some dpe's

INk weLL 07-28-2004 10:02 PM

I hope this customer is getting compensated for having to deal with your growing pains! It's understandable you have to go through issues in order "to better serve the community" but I would hate to be in aural ink's shoes, waiting that long...

Just a thought.

aural iNK 07-29-2004 07:30 PM

Well, the saga continues.

To bring you up to speed, after 3-4 weeks had passed after ordering the wheels I asked my retailer if it was too late to make a color change. He checked with DPE and they said it would be fine. I made it clear that I would not change the order if it would delay me getting the wheels, and they said it would not. Around that time I was given a June 25th completion date.

8 weeks later, I finally hear that my wheels will be ready by the end of the week, and that, to no surprise, DPE insisted that the change of color from black to brushed caused the delay. GO DPE!

So "whatever" I say, we'll see if they are done as promised.

So, today my retailer then calls me and explained to me that the wheels have arrived! I could hardly believe my ears. 12 weeks and they are done.

Not so soon. The retailer tells me there was a problem. He remembered I changed to brushed, but oddly, the wheels are black. It turns out the delay was blamed on something that didn't even exist to DPE, a color change that never happened. DPE has F'd me hard on this one. Thanks guys!

I'll be sure to let the large group of potential DPE customers on this board know how they choose to remedy this situation (if at all).

EuRoPrOjEkTzE46 07-29-2004 07:41 PM

Quote:

To bring you up to speed, after 3-4 weeks had passed after ordering the wheels I asked my retailer if it was too late to make a color change. He checked with DPE and they said it would be fine. I made it clear that I would not change the order if it would delay me getting the wheels, and they said it would not. Around that time I was given a June 25th completion date.

8 weeks later, I finally hear that my wheels will be ready by the end of the week, and that, to no surprise, DPE insisted that the change of color from black to brushed caused the delay. GO DPE!

So, today my retailer then calls me and explained to me that the wheels have arrived! I could hardly believe my ears. 12 weeks and they are done.

Not so soon. The retailer tells me there was a problem. He remembered I changed to brushed, but oddly, the wheels are black. It turns out the delay was blamed on something that didn't even exist to DPE, a color change that never happened. DPE has F'd me hard on this one. Thanks guys!

I'll be sure to let the large group of potential DPE customers on this board know how they choose to remedy this situation (if at all).

Bobby

I spoke to you today from SPP, I totally understand your frustration. After Eric had spoken to you about getting a discount I spoke to DPE and there is a set of R06s in brushed with your name on it coming in tommorow, as soon as I found out I tried calling your home and your phone was busy again so I guess I'll deliver you your good news on this forum. As I said before your frustration with the wait is warranted and understood by both DPE and SPP, for when mistakes are made everyone is unsatisfied in their work. We all understand that this is a great place to vent frustrations and share experiences with one another about the many companies and products out there for us fanatics, and therefore I ask you all to be patient with DPE for every new business has its growing pains and problems. I also would like to say that DPE is working with everyone, customers and retailers, to correct the recent errors so they do not occur again. So I guess all the potential DPE customers now know the remedy to your situation, and belive me we cant wait to send those rims out to you.
Thanks

Manu
www.supremepowerparts.com

Fongx 07-31-2004 01:04 AM

You won. This guy only waited for 9 weeks (supposed to receive them on wednesday).

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...highlight=dpes

Quote:

OnePhatCLK 08-03-2004 02:27 PM

Hey that guy is me. Yeah this waiting sucks. If i dont get them wedneday...i wont be a happy camper. :argue:

OnePhatCLK 08-04-2004 05:21 PM

Tick..Tock...Tick..Tock.....Not looking Good. It's 3:21 :argue: :mad:

OnePhatCLK 08-05-2004 12:54 PM

Yeap...your right...you guessed it....Wednesday has passed and still no rims. :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: