E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Rubbing (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=180426)

lonnie_20 07-15-2004 10:05 AM

Rubbing
 
i have an 01 e46 coupe w/ 18" breyton visions...im running the 18x9.5 wheels w/ so3's(255/35) in the rear. i just installed the eibach pro system plus and am getting rubbing in the rear. i have already rolled the fenders, and still get a little rubbing...is there a "skinnier" tire size i could go with; or should i consider the 18x8.5 rear wheels? :dunno:

Gary@Tirerack 07-15-2004 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonnie_20
i have an 01 e46 coupe w/ 18" breyton visions...im running the 18x9.5 wheels w/ so3's(255/35) in the rear. i just installed the eibach pro system plus and am getting rubbing in the rear. i have already rolled the fenders, and still get a little rubbing...is there a "skinnier" tire size i could go with; or should i consider the 18x8.5 rear wheels? :dunno:

Most 245/35R18 tires can be mounted on 9.5" wheels, it just won't leave much protection for curbing of the wheels.

If they are hitting on the fender, you could try using a bit more negative camber in the alignment.

lonnie_20 07-15-2004 11:57 AM

any other options???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary@Tirerack
Most 245/35R18 tires can be mounted on 9.5" wheels, it just won't leave much protection for curbing of the wheels.

If they are hitting on the fender, you could try using a bit more negative camber in the alignment.


lonnie_20 07-15-2004 11:58 AM

btw....they are 255/35 instead of 245....thanks for all the help

Gary@Tirerack 07-15-2004 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonnie_20
btw....they are 255/35 instead of 245....thanks for all the help


Yes, I'm aware they are 255/35. You asked if a skinnier tire could be mounted...thus 245/35...

lonnie_20 07-15-2004 03:28 PM

my bad gary...long day!!!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary@Tirerack
Yes, I'm aware they are 255/35. You asked if a skinnier tire could be mounted...thus 245/35...



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use