E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Help...Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 or Michelin Pilot Sport PS2??? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=180815)

rAyZ 07-16-2004 05:22 PM

Help...Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 or Michelin Pilot Sport PS2???

Please help me decide on what tires I should get? Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 or Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 ?!?!?
Any feedback on any of these tires?!?
Thanks in advance.. :thumbup:

Gary@Tirerack 07-16-2004 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rAyZ
Please help me decide on what tires I should get? Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 or Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 ?!?!?
Any feedback on any of these tires?!?
Thanks in advance.. :thumbup:

Both fantastic choices. The PS2 will out perform the GSD3 in dry traction and slightly better in wet, but has a bit stiffer sidewall and will likely wear a bit faster.

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&...ires/index.jsp

rAyZ 07-16-2004 05:35 PM

Thanks for a quick reply Gary! Will I get a better deal if I order the tires directly from you rather than the website??! ;) thanks...

Gary@Tirerack 07-16-2004 05:37 PM

Quote:

Thanks for a quick reply Gary! Will I get a better deal if I order the tires directly from you rather than the website??! ;) thanks...

Negative...However, if you order either with me or online and reference 'e46Fanatics/Gary' as your 'previous contact' a portion of the proceeds goes back to the E46Fanatics.com site :thumbup: make the admins happier!

mtfour 07-16-2004 07:09 PM

I have Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's. They are very nice for the most part. I've had them for a year now (about 11,000 miles) and now the rears are badly cupped (making lots of road noise between 15-25mph). They will be replaced within the next week.

JCsE46 07-16-2004 08:02 PM

I also have a Goodyear F1 GS D3. No complainon on these tires so far. I'm loving it. :thumbup:

rAyZ 07-17-2004 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcabigas
I also have a Goodyear F1 GS D3. No complainon on these tires so far. I'm loving it. :thumbup:

How many miles do you have on them? Thanks...

TeKNiC330 07-17-2004 03:34 AM

Ray you fuker, why don you just listen to me? I told you that the PS2's are better. :tsk: :tsk:

BTW: I'm heading to LA again for my freakin wheel deal....so yea.....v1? hehe....I'll call you and let you know. I might take a cruise down at 70-75mph cause when I had the V1 I felt too confident and was driving like 90-110 mph the whole way.....hella gave me bad MPG. :banghead:

rAyZ 07-17-2004 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeKNiC330
Ray you fuker, why don you just listen to me? I told you that the PS2's are better. :tsk: :tsk:

BTW: I'm heading to LA again for my freakin wheel deal....so yea.....v1? hehe....I'll call you and let you know. I might take a cruise down at 70-75mph cause when I had the V1 I felt too confident and was driving like 90-110 mph the whole way.....hella gave me bad MPG. :banghead:

lol...
im askin' cuz i could get pretty good deals on the Goodyear! I'm asking Gloria's boyfriend for hookups rite now.
damn dude..another wheeel deal? Make sure that you swap them at a tire place so that they could check the rims for u before u do anything! Just call me for the V1 man. :thumbup:

TeKNiC330 07-17-2004 04:02 AM

Quote:

lol...
im askin' cuz i could get pretty good deals on the Goodyear! I'm asking Gloria's boyfriend for hookups rite now.
damn dude..another wheeel deal? Make sure that you swap them at a tire place so that they could check the rims for u before u do anything! Just call me for the V1 man. :thumbup:

Depends on how big of a discount. Remember, for the PS2's I think there is a 50 bucks rebate right now. So if the difference is less than 100 bucks, Just go with the PS2s. If it is more then the goodyears.

S23 07-17-2004 08:15 AM

hello:

I am new in this faq, and this is the best faq of I have see.

bye for all since Spain.