E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Breast Reduction (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=182187)

Temonio 07-22-2004 11:12 AM

Breast Reduction

My wife is considering getting breast reduction surgery. Well actually, she's considered it for a while, but now she's ready to act on it. She's a 112 lb DD'er, so she hates the attention. Do any of you guys know anyone that's had this procedure? and are they happy with their decision? :dunno: I'm just trying to be supportive for her.

Dave 07-22-2004 11:17 AM

a girl in my high school had it. It was good for her back, and they were still big. If there's no scarring or weird skin flappage, go for it. You might miss the giant bombs, but hey, it'll be different, that could be good.

I've never heard of anyone complaining about it.

ca1242 07-22-2004 11:27 AM

If you are planning to have kids, make sure you ask the doctor or do research if there are any repercusions or problems during or after pregnancy.

It will definitely put less strain on her back in the long run, so that is a benefit.

twistedangel 07-22-2004 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Temonio
My wife is considering getting breast reduction surgery. Well actually, she's considered it for a while, but now she's ready to act on it. She's a 112 lb DD'er, so she hates the attention. Do any of you guys know anyone that's had this procedure? and are they happy with their decision? :dunno: I'm just trying to be supportive for her.

Being a girl (with little boobies and small frame), I've heard of lots of small frame girls with bigguns that wanted smaller for (usually) back reasons.

When they perform this surgery, the boobies will generally have a better lift and shape than naturally (read "less sag")

I don't know how artistic plastic surgery is in DC, nor do I know the laws surrounding practice out there, but make sure to get good referrals before letting the doc touch her. This is one of the most artistic kinds of boobs jobs (implants are one thing, but there is usually a relocating of the nipple, skin removal, and tissue removal involved in reductions) and it is important that your doctor has many happy patients in this EXACT procedure.

Dave 07-22-2004 11:37 AM

I love when girls use the word boobies.

comutek 07-22-2004 11:38 AM

I have a friend that had it done in HS, I'm not sure what went wrong but there is still some scarring like 5-6 years later. Both of her parents are doctors so I know she had it done w/ a respected surgeon.

Unveiled 07-22-2004 11:39 AM

I had an ex-g/f have this surgery. She got a reduction, and was still a D, but it was better for her back (as Dave mentioned above). I often hear women w/ big breasts shun women who would even consider getting an enlargement. Does your wife feel the same?

noahabel 07-22-2004 11:41 AM

Krystin is right, she should definitely get the best Doctor for the job. There is a high potential for scarring and want the best hands working on your wife no matter what, right.

That sounded kind of dirty. Sorry. :eek:

In any case, I've known several women (friends) who have done it, and loved the results. Back problems notwithstanding, there is a sort of psychological relief that comes from no longer having your breasts be the only things people look at.

Good for her, and good luck. :thumbup:

Temonio 07-22-2004 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twistedangel
Being a girl (with little boobies and small frame), I've heard of lots of small frame girls with bigguns that wanted smaller for (usually) back reasons.

When they perform this surgery, the boobies will generally have a better lift and shape than naturally (read "less sag")

I don't know how artistic plastic surgery is in DC, nor do I know the laws surrounding practice out there, but make sure to get good referrals before letting the doc touch her. This is one of the most artistic kinds of boobs jobs (implants are one thing, but there is usually a relocating of the nipple, skin removal, and tissue removal involved in reductions) and it is important that your doctor has many happy patients in this EXACT procedure.

Yes, it is for back reasons as well. I forgot to mention that. The idea actually came from her doctor, but she was pregnant at the time, so they wanted to make sure the back and neck pain wasn't coming from the baby-belly. The procedure may not be done in DC. Our military insurance is going to pay for most if not all of it, so it will more than likely be done in Texas.

BMWDon 07-22-2004 11:52 AM

you said military doctor and I got a quick shiver :rolleyes:

If she's getting it to reduce the stares from the guys, I doubt it's going to do much for that, at her size, both frame and breast, she's still going to get them...guys like to look at boobs, no getting around it.

My sister had it done to take the "load" off her back, and she's happier for it, I think they took her down to a C

adrenaline 07-22-2004 11:56 AM

well, as long as you make sure it's being done by a pro and it'll help her back, then that is definetely what should be done... a friend of mine from uni got it done, and it did wonders for her back, she felt great after it!

Temonio 07-22-2004 12:04 PM

Yeah, I thought they were going to do it themselves and i was like "no thanks." But they told me we'd get the chance to pretty much choose our Doc. The oddly enough (as much as she comlains about it) the pain isn't the main motivator. She's like "I can get them reduced? I can wear tank tops? Where do i sign up?" I was like what about your back pain? She told me she's dealt with the pain so long, she doesn't think about it much.

BMWDon 07-22-2004 12:14 PM

why does she have to get them reduced to wear tank tops? I got a fat ass woman here at work with morbidly huge fat boobs and she wears tank/tub tops all the time :cry:

adrenaline 07-22-2004 12:21 PM

as long as she gets the weight off her chest.... I mean her back, I mean....uh....don't know what i mean, really..... uh....yeah...that's it....

Unveiled 07-22-2004 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenaline
as long as she gets the weight off her chest.... I mean her back, I mean....uh....don't know what i mean, really..... uh....yeah...that's it....

:rofl:

Presns323i 07-22-2004 12:39 PM

send the leftovers to me in a baggie, i want to play with them
:eeps:

Unveiled 07-22-2004 12:41 PM

Because of this thread, I will testify to women in all regions that breast reductions will minimize slipped disks and decrease lumbar pain. Scoliosis due to one breast being heavier than the other (thus causing a terrible off-center lean) will be cured.

Temonio 07-22-2004 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S54_Mongrel
Because of this thread, I will testify to women in all regions that breast reductions will minimize slipped disks and decrease lumbar pain. Scoliosis due to one breast being heavier than the other (thus causing a terrible off-center lean) will be cured.

You for got to add the surgery will reduce the chances of the nipples pointing directly to the floor.

On a more serious note...I personally am worried about scars. From eveything I've read, Black women that get reductions scar more permenantly than white females.

poppy6985 07-22-2004 12:56 PM

may i be the first

:pics:

tinaning123 08-31-2012 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Temonio (Post 1789567)

I think the result of breast reduction depends on operation of doctor, that is say, it focus on medical skills. Some people have successful operation so that they feel happy. If the breast reduction surgery has been failed, they maybe feel sad. So i think you should take her to the top hospital.