E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Polls & Surveys - Please Participate! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   why did YOU buy your BMW?!? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=206769)

mamasaid325CI 10-30-2004 07:21 PM

why did YOU buy your BMW?!?

haaaaay PEOPLE! :hi:

i'm gonna be the PIMP owner of a 325CI pretty soon (pretty sure) :woot: and i just wanted to see why you people decided to buy your BMW as opposed to all the other cars out there in the market...

PERSUADE ME...

cause i'm just thinking about the reliability factor...and i read on another forum or thread about people treating you different and all that...and i just don't want to encounter hella problems (hence forking out more money) with the car once i get it...

so any tips or advice on why BMWs are the car to own would be appreciated!

also, i've been looking around for used a used 325CI (Donald Trump rejected my letter about adopting me) and i've seen like every possible imaginable color...black, white, gray, gray-green, blue...and so i just wanted to see what color is a TOTAL GUY-MAGNET, jk! but, what color do you think would look good for a girl!?! of course i'm gonna take into consideration how the engine runs and the options of the car and all...but any feedback on colors that are easy to take care of, look especially good once i fix it up, etc...

thanks!

yayopwr 10-30-2004 07:27 PM

If you're a blonde i would definetly go with white. If you have darker hair i'm not really sure. Best of luck to you.

TheTICK 10-30-2004 07:34 PM

if you love to drive... definately get a bimmer, simple as that. :str8pimpi

Gmurda21 10-30-2004 07:44 PM

Only car my father has ever owned. 30+ years of pure driving pleasure. So i had to have the ultimate driving machine aswell.

MFarrZHP 10-30-2004 08:01 PM

Chicks looks better in BMWs, its a scientific fact. BTW, you will be hounded with requests for pics of yourself on here. I like girls in black BMWs.

But I bought mine b/c its the best mix of speed, luxury, and pimp factor for the price. Im have 2 now, and I will have more soon.

akhbhaat 10-30-2004 08:13 PM

Quite simply, I choose this car because, at the time, it was by far the finest car in it's class. That, and I was a serious BMW freak of sorts. With good reason (again, finest car). :)

That was four years ago.

The market is much more competitive and congested today, and the E46 platform has aged some, but it's still a somewhat viable choice. It's still one of the most visceral cars to drive in the sport sedan/coupe category. Would I still go with a 323/325 today? That's a tough call. In my eyes, the sedan is still one of the best looking four door cars available in that price range, surpassed only by perhaps the revised C-class, but the coupe is facing some very serious competition from the likes of the G35C and some of the other new sport/luxury coupes in that price range (350Z, RX-8, and so on). In regards driving dynamics, as stated above, the car is still a bit ahead of the competition, but the entire line as a whole needs a boost in power (which it will apparently get when the E90 is released) to remain truly competitive. Some negatives are the facelift styling, which I don't like, and some changes to the steering and throttle which have slightly degraded the car's sense of driver feedback. You may or may not care about that.

Nevermind the color...getting it in manual alone will definitely attract guys. There are practical reasons for it, of course, but I'll leave the sexual innuendos for that one to the perverts and teenagers on this board. ;)

phita23 10-30-2004 08:45 PM

Because my dad wouldn't buy me an 350z or rx-8 and I wouldn't let him buy me a rsx.

So we "compromised" and got a bimmer

Fzara2000 10-30-2004 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phita23
Because my dad wouldn't buy me an 350z or rx-8 and I wouldn't let him buy me a rsx.

So we "compromised" and got a bimmer

LOL We saw the Subaru WRX STI, but he decided to stay with the WRX. Of course, he refused to buy me a manual, so before starting to decide if I wanted to the auto WRX, I totally declined for a 4-speed auto coming out to 26, 27k with the audio and alarm features, etc. Eventually I found out my dad didnt want me with that high HP car messing around, etc, so we laid off the idea.

We test drove the IS300. Beautiful I6, but too little room and was RWD. Again, we stopped pursuing because of the hard hills around my house in the snow.

We were considering the MINI S, and we were decided on that, until I found out there was a 9 month wait.

We saw the Volvo S60-R, but my dad didnt like the interior of the Volvo, and thought again, it was too high of a HP car.

In the end, all of the RWD choices were ruled out. RX-8, 350z, CTS, etc. Since we had a '94 318i in the garage that worked beautifully, we decided to trust BMW's superior reliability we experienced and go for the AWD bimmer. Tailored to my tastes, we bit and were pretty happy with the luxury, the AWESOME lease offer, and the good sales staff.

Although the power could have been a bit more, i'm extremely happy with the way the car handles and just has this mean look at different times of the day

:thumbup:

Gucki83 10-30-2004 09:11 PM

I had to understand all the hype.

Now I do.

The End.

(I also had my eye on a particular setup, color and option packages. And I got the exact car I imagined owning. I'm happy!) :bow:

sycE46 10-30-2004 09:23 PM

At the time I bought my car (back in 2000...), BMWs were basically the only cars that had a 6 cylinder engine with manual trannys. So... it really limited my choices... Audi A4 was too old and getting replaced. hondas... but I really like torquey engines...

A lot has changed since then. So many cars I would consider now.

akhbhaat 10-30-2004 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycE46
At the time I bought my car (back in 2000...), BMWs were basically the only cars that had a 6 cylinder engine with manual trannys. So... it really limited my choices... Audi A4 was too old and getting replaced. hondas... but I really like torquey engines...

A lot has changed since then. So many cars I would consider now.

If the IS300 came in a manual tranny in it's first year, I would've waited a few months to check it out.

Even in retrospect, it really doesn't offer the styling and feel I'm interested in, however.

kevmo 10-30-2004 11:09 PM

it's :pimp: simple as that

Nuori 10-31-2004 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFarrM3
Chicks looks better in BMWs, its a scientific fact. BTW, you will be hounded with requests for pics of yourself on here. I like girls in black BMWs.

But I bought mine b/c its the best mix of speed, luxury, and pimp factor for the price. Im have 2 now, and I will have more soon.

:werd: All five (5) of us in my family have one.

Once you go BMW you don't look back. Ultimate driving machine all the way.

rana 10-31-2004 01:36 AM

b4 buying my bmw.......my dad and i looked at EVERY car there was to offer......from honda civics, nissan sentra se-rs to 350z's...

but the bmw was just meant to be... :bow:

mamasaid325CI 10-31-2004 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rana
but the bmw was just meant to be... :bow:

yeah...i have a feeling that's gonna be the case for me too :woot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFarrM3
Chicks looks better in BMWs, its a scientific fact.

well okay then...i'm SOLD! :thumbup:

Tenchi 10-31-2004 09:55 AM

cuz i like it

russ330 10-31-2004 09:59 AM

Well, at the time I was looking at dropping some serious coin on my e36. Suspension upgrades, body kit, AA turbo. I started crunching the numbers and realized that I could have a fat ass down payment on a new Bimmer instead.

I was born and raised in Germany so Bimmers are a little taste of home, and my Dad has been a BMW fan since before I was born. I couldn't even guess how many Bimmers he's been through (even though he jumped ship to the Corvette back in '99 or '00).

Now I'm on my second BMW. I do not foresee another Bimmer in my house anytime soon, unless one wants to count a Mini S. There's not much for me to like about the new models being released. Plus I plan on driving both my Bimmers until the wheels fall off.

Now back to your particular scenario. I think a chick would look hotter stepping out of a red G35C, than a stock any color Bimmer. A modded Bimmer would be different, but stock for stock, I'd do way more drooling over the chick in the G35C. And if it's an Asian chick, good God... :drool:

Dalton 10-31-2004 10:01 AM

for me, a hot girl in a bmw is a guy magnet (especially if its modded), the car could be purple polka-dotted for all i care.....well i might care about that but you get the point.

TitanSilber ZHP 10-31-2004 10:12 AM

cause the parts are cheap!

J/K!!!!!!!!!

330blaC i 10-31-2004 11:50 AM

Bye Bye Bmw

i dont understand why owners of the 3 series coupes wont be honest about their cars. my 330ci is one of the nicest on the road here in miami if not the nicest ive seen so far with the black 19" stag wheels and navigation package. bottom line is these cars need improving. interior and exterior. im sure 3 series coupe owners know what im talking about. how many times have you had to take your bmw in for the interior trim piece falling out or because your center console paint peels. hope you owners are still under warranty! or what about needing your bushings replaced with only 35000 miles on your vehicle. dont get me wrong im not bashing BMW here but for the money i spent on my 330ci i expected more. everyone BMW forum ive visited nobody wants admit what type of mistake or regrets they have purchasing this type of vehicle. the e46 body styling already looks outdated anyway. my advice to anyone reading this.....do your research on this vehicle and i dont mean read magazine reviews i mean ask people who already own or have owned one about their opinion and im sure you will see. traded mine yesterday for the G35coupe and i cant believe the perfomance on this thing! so bye bye BMW. my G eats 330's for breakfast!