E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   NEW! UUC stainless steel brake lines available for all E46 - intro special! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=222643)

Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks 01-06-2005 04:20 PM

NEW! UUC stainless steel brake lines available for all E46 - intro special!

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/ss_brak.../4_1_small.jpg
(actual product differs slightly in appearance)

"Performance tune" your braking system.

Stainless steel brake lines for improved braking performance

100% MADE IN USA and DOT-APPROVED

Original brake lines are rubber and can expand under the normal pressure of use. This expansion of the brake line negatively affects the brake caliper piston travel, and makes for mushy pedal feedback.

UUC's Stainless Steel Brake lines are used to "performance tune" your braking system.

* Inner TeflonŽ line is covered with woven stainless steel braid that will not expand under pressure. The advantages include better brake pedal feedback and a firmer pedal, along with superior brake modulation. Results will be immediate.

Technical features:

• fully compliant with DOT Standards (MVSS-106)

• lines burst-tested to 6000psi
    (maximum tested pressure from a BMW braking system is 1200psi)

• TeflonŽ inner line covered with a woven layer of stainless steel and covered in an abrasion-resistant material (translucent blue plastic covering).

• plastic end pieces protect assembly, no exposed steel fibers to stick fingers.

Introductory pricing:

$95 4-line kit for 1999-2005 3-series and M3

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

Professional installation recommended.
Installer responsible for correct fitting and bleeding procedure as recommended by BMW.
As brake line installation is a safety-related item, installer assumes all responsibilities and risks associated with brake line replacement.

(c)2004 UUC Motorwerks

Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks 01-07-2005 01:11 PM

Updated Pic

This is the E46 kit:

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/ss_brak...s/SSBL-E46.jpg

Staszek 01-07-2005 01:12 PM

ohhhhhhhh nice!

opelrsx 01-07-2005 01:33 PM

what are the benefits? Also, how about the installation costs?

Alex 01-07-2005 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opelrsx
what are the benefits? Also, how about the installation costs?

He posted the benefit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks
Original brake lines are rubber and can expand under the normal pressure of use. This expansion of the brake line negatively affects the brake caliper piston travel, and makes for mushy pedal feedback.

BTW, Very nice product Rob :thumbup:

Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks 01-07-2005 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opelrsx
Also, how about the installation costs?

Installation is pretty easy, just uncscrew the original fittings and screw the new lines in. You have to bleed the brake system afterwards, but that's also a good idea (brake systems should be bled ever 12-30 months depending on usage style).

If a shop were doing the installation, figure 1-2 hours max. If you are already having a brake service done (new pads/rotors), then the lines should only add another 30 minutes' worth of labor.

- Rob

Edison@JleviSW 01-07-2005 03:25 PM

If only this were a DIY install (I don't have a break bleeding system :( ) I would do it :thumbup:

Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks 01-07-2005 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWERKEN
If only this were a DIY install (I don't have a break bleeding system :( ) I would do it :thumbup:

A pressure bleeder is really not that expensive... heck, a lot of people make their own from a Home Depot pressurized sprayer bottle, some hose, and a spare brake reservoir cap.

- Rob

ADA 01-12-2005 10:52 PM

Rob,

Be HONEST with me Rob. I have already ordered the TSE3, UDP, and Shark injector from you. Therefore, all I am asking is for an honest answer.

For NORMAL driving, do I need these stainless brake lines. I have a little over 60,000 miles on my 2000 323i. Should I replace my brake lines.

You are killing me Rob! I am spending way too much money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vaio76109 01-12-2005 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADA
Rob,

Be HONEST with me Rob. I have already ordered the TSE3, UDP, and Shark injector from you. Therefore, all I am asking is for an honest answer.

For NORMAL driving, do I need these stainless brake lines. I have a little over 60,000 miles on my 2000 323i. Should I replace my brake lines.

You are killing me Rob! I am spending way too much money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you asked Rob but my answer is no, you dont.

Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks 01-12-2005 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADA
Rob,

"Need"? No. You don't "need" any modifications. You don't even "need" a great car like a BMW. You can always get by with less.

But if you want improvements, if you want to fine-tune your precision driving instrument, then there are specific tools to do that job. Stainless steel brake lines are one such tool.

You will notice a change in brake pedal feel. It will be firmer, easier to modulate, less spongy, and certainly better in any DE setting.

Also, you should realize that brake lines are considered maintenance items. Many people ignore them, but they are supposed to be changed every few years as the OE-style lines get brittle with age and start to crack. If you've got a '99 or '00 model, the car really is due. For newer models, it's pre-emptive maintenance, but obviously an improvement at the same time.

- Rob

Presns323i 01-12-2005 11:32 PM

ahhhhhhhhhh let me think about this one.........

InSuboRdiNaTioN 01-12-2005 11:38 PM

Any idea how long the introductory pricing will last? And what the price will be after that? Thanks :)

JCz04Bimmer 01-12-2005 11:42 PM

Saw these today over at UUC's shop. Very nice product and a decent price too. Too bad these came a few weeks to late. I just did a full brake pad/fluid change. No need to go through that process again anytime soon. Maybe in a few months? :hmm: :thumbup:

KillFox 01-13-2005 04:55 AM

lol you release them a week after I buy my new brakes and lines....

LakeShow 01-13-2005 05:35 AM

Sweet product Rob :thumbup:

acitydweller 01-13-2005 06:02 AM

those look pretty

Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks 01-13-2005 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InSuboRdiNaTioN
Any idea how long the introductory pricing will last? And what the price will be after that? Thanks :)

I think the $95 program price is scheduled for a few weeks. After that, they may be $129.

- Rob

Carbon_Fiber 01-13-2005 10:17 AM

How much is installation usually for such parts?

Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks 01-13-2005 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbon_Fiber
How much is installation usually for such parts?

You get a brake fluid flush done at the same time. I would expect a shop to charge 2 hours or less.

- Rob