E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Ask a Site Sponsor (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   :::: Infinitas SK+ Supercharger | Group Buy :::: (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=232488)

Infinitas 02-10-2005 02:27 PM

:::: Infinitas SK+ Supercharger | Group Buy ::::

As a newly added sponsor, we would like to offer the E46Fanatics community an introductory group buy on the newly released Infinitas SK+ supercharger kit. As featured in numerous European automotive publications, this is a powerful, compact supercharger package produced by ASA's team of engineers in Germany using the newly developed TMIII compressor. ASA has logged thousands of hours with this new, compact compressor on their flow bench, in addition to vigorous road testing. The results are quite impressive for such a compact kit: 286HP for the 3.0L engine and 235HP for the 2.5L engine at a moderate 5psi of boost (we recommend a proper exhaust system for added performance), all for the low price of only $3995.00. The best part is the kit can be installed in roughly 1/2 the time of other superchargers, reducing installation costs.

Included in the kit are the following:

• ASA TMIII-12 Compressor

• Cast Aluminum Intake w/ High Flow K&N Airfilter

• Oil Supply Hardware

• ASAtronic PiggyBack

• Beltdrive System

• All Related Hardware for Installation

• Detailed Step-by-Step Instruction Manual (see link for kit schematic)

• To inquire about this group buy, please contact groupbuy@infinitas-gmbh.de.

Further discounts are available. Please note price breakdown for total number of sign ups:

1-9 Kits = $3995
    10-14 Kits = $3795
    15-19 Kits = $3595
    20+ Kits = $3395

Kits are available for all BMW E46 and Z4 vehicles. For reference, we have logged 0-62MPH times of 5.2sec and 0-100MPH times of 12.1sec on our Z4 3.0 test vehicle.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions...thank you.

-Infinitas GmbH

///OSS 02-10-2005 02:32 PM

1: whats the reasoning for the 5PSI only boost for the 2.5L.... is it in fear of tranny damage or to the 2.5Liter engine?...have they designed this supercharger with that in mind?

2: also, dont you think the air inside the engine compartment is going to be hot hence that intake is not really possitioned correctly?

3: is there no front mounted intercooler for this?

RalphzMCS 02-10-2005 03:27 PM

since you guys are using a piggyback system, theres no need for ecu reprogramming correct?

marinebmr 02-10-2005 04:06 PM

sk1 or sk2 gb???

is there going to be an sk1 or 2 gb soon? the sk + just sounds like not enough HP. thanx

Jeff43 02-10-2005 04:16 PM

are those crank or wheel hp numbers? thinking their crank #s.... :confused:

AMCbimmer 02-10-2005 04:21 PM

That's an awesome deal. Do you think people can install this themselves?

KELKIN 02-10-2005 04:42 PM

an absolute bargain anyway you look at it. :)

Q: is there no front mounted intercooler for this?
    sk1 gets an intercooler as standard but not this.(although i'm sure it can be done later).

these are crank hp numbers.

if you can offer your uk customers anything close to this price pm me thanks

sheefo2k 02-10-2005 05:35 PM

just to let everyone know infinitas are a world known company..

no keep goig with the questions.

TeKNiC3 02-10-2005 06:45 PM

:hmm: Could a supercharger be on my car sooner that I thought...............

Edison@JleviSW 02-10-2005 06:47 PM

I saw you guys just became a sponsor. Checked out your site, sweet lookin setup. Really wish I had the money to pick one of these suckers (no pun intendende ;) ) up :thumbup:

iLLM3 02-10-2005 08:24 PM

You say all E46 but i def. know this isnt compatible with an E46 M3 right? :dunno:

Driv3r2k 02-10-2005 08:37 PM

this work on a XI?

Infinitas 02-10-2005 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otherside
    1: whats the reasoning for the 5PSI only boost for the 2.5L.... is it in fear of tranny damage or to the 2.5Liter engine?...have they designed this supercharger with that in mind?

2: also, dont you think the air inside the engine compartment is going to be hot hence that intake is not really possitioned correctly?

3: is there no front mounted intercooler for this?

1) Due to the absence of a heat exchanger, we only boost 5psi. This also helps reduce the cost of the kit with less parts, which is why it is under $4,000.

2) The act of compressing air, will heat it up. The position of the intake filter, will not change this. The intercooled kits are more expensive, which is why we are offering a non-intercooled version at a great price for those who do not wish to spend $6,000 on a supercharger. There are plenty of other non-intercooled superchargers out there as well, who are charging a lot more money.

3) No, hence this is the SK+ kit.

Infinitas 02-10-2005 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkblue323i
    since you guys are using a piggyback system, theres no need for ecu reprogramming correct?

Yes, no ECU is required to run this kit. We have over 1.5 years of roadtesting behind this kit.

Infinitas 02-10-2005 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff43
    are those crank or wheel hp numbers? thinking their crank #s.... :confused:

Yes, they are crank.

Infinitas 02-10-2005 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMCbimmer
    That's an awesome deal. Do you think people can install this themselves?

Yes, very easy to install...DIY is possible.

Infinitas 02-10-2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iLLG35
    You say all E46 but i def. know this isnt compatible with an E46 M3 right? :dunno:

Sorry, only non-M3.

Infinitas 02-10-2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driv3r2k
    this work on a XI?

Yes, Xi is included.

Wagon Man 02-10-2005 09:45 PM

Absolutely interesetd in it. I'm not looking for hot rod but my 323iT surely can use more juice .. and the price point seems to fit my budget just fine ... wow, am excited. :woot: Questions:

* your web site considered 323 as 2.3L, but my 323 (M52TU) is surely 2.5L, so what gains should I expect from SK+, at the wheels ,not at crank? Any actual dyno sheet for this engine?

* Does it come with software? and is it possible to add an IC as an option?

* Who will run the GB? Infinitas in Germany? or here? Do we just sign up here on this board?

* is the GB Price as "shipped" / "delivered" in the U.S.?

* You do expect this a DIY? If so, how many man hrs would you estimate for a novice?

Pls advise. ... I may need to rethink my plan in getting a chip and euro clear ...

///OSS 02-10-2005 09:45 PM

so big question....if I have a STEP 03' 325CI and Im interested in getting a full system that is not really hindered by finances but more by the assurance that everything is within tolerance..meaning amount of boost towards the tranny... proper cooling and usabiliity in a daily driver....

what do you recomend I do?

get your skI or II and thats it? Ive heard about the need for tranny software for steptronics... tranny reinforcement??

Im worried about that...just want the SC to not destroy the car...

whats your opinion in this case?