E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   New Full Carbon Csl Trunk Lid (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=233876)

CA AUTOMOTIVE UK 02-15-2005 02:08 PM

New Full Carbon Csl Trunk Lid

2 Attachment(s)
HI TO ALL

we have completed initial production of our new CSL trunk lid to fitall E46 coupe cars.

It is 100% carbon fibre , pre preg , and will fit onto factory hinges and locks .These will each be individually hand made , not production line / factory grade . They will be US made , not far east ; A1 quality

Weight is 5.5 lbs !

price to USA customers will be $1040 us dollars shipped , UK and europe customers will be 720 + LOCAL UK delivery .

If any memebers are up for a group buy , let us know , we would need say 6 orders but these can be worlwide , not just from same country .

all the best

Lexie330ci 02-15-2005 02:19 PM

can u post more pics of ur car :)

CA AUTOMOTIVE UK 02-15-2005 02:21 PM

hi Lexie

which car , I have several :shhh: is it the lambo one in my signature ?

Lexie330ci 02-15-2005 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 550 Nm
hi Lexie

which car , I have several :shhh: is it the lambo one in my signature ?

yes :)

PS323CI 02-15-2005 02:43 PM

How the fitment????

CA AUTOMOTIVE UK 02-15-2005 02:53 PM

black lambo e46

hi

this car will be appearing in next issue of Performance BMW magazine ( uk)

the car is now for sale if anyone interested please PM me ; full spec and more images can be seen on our site at http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/ongoi...t-cars14.shtml

Notice the lambo door installation that actually allows you to enter your car without doing backflips !!

i have more good images taken for magazine but are too large for forum , will downsize later

regards to all

PS have you seen our post for new full carbon CSL trunk , 100% autoclave 1020 dollars ?

nuggz35 02-15-2005 03:33 PM

Quote:

HI TO ALL

we have completed initial production of our new CSL trunk lid to fitall E46 coupe cars.

It is 100% carbon fibre , pre preg , and will fit onto factory hinges and locks .These will each be individually hand made , not production line / factory grade . They will be US made , not far east ; A1 quality

Weight is 5.5 lbs !

price to USA customers will be $1040 us dollars shipped , UK and europe customers will be 720 + LOCAL UK delivery .

If any memebers are up for a group buy , let us know , we would need say 6 orders but these can be worlwide , not just from same country .

all the best

More pics of thr bootlid please.. Maybe on a car, seeing you are saying fitment is great. Also lets see how the lip looks, you cant see them in these pics. If everythng looks good, sign me up on the GB.

03 Dinan 3 02-15-2005 07:13 PM

This looks really nice!
Can you post more pics.
Does it come with the toolkit?
What will the price be if we have 6 people?

CA AUTOMOTIVE UK 02-16-2005 04:00 AM

hi 03 ..cool looking car you got there !

please give me e mail address and i will get more pics over to you in high res .
Regarding group buy , i would like to try for 10% off with 6 orders ....not too much but please bear in mind we are about$700 dollars cheaper than other comparable build quality trunk lids in the first place .

not sure if we are doing the toolkit , will find out .

regards

roy

VMRWheels 02-16-2005 04:21 AM

full autoclave... is the hotness :)

If this one fits as well as I think it might fit, then we have a winner here!

lee330sport 02-16-2005 04:51 AM

Hi Roy,

Are the carbon bootlids ready to fit or do they need paint or laquer?

Cheers

Beach_Bum 02-16-2005 02:49 PM

Quote:

please give me e mail address and i will get more pics over to you in high res

Please send pics to jdemarco@sleiman.com

This fits E46 M3 correct? :thumbup:

CA AUTOMOTIVE UK 02-16-2005 02:55 PM

Csl Trunk

HI TO ALL , thanks for all the replies .

I am awaiting better images , for time being please refer to our site page at http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/carbo...-styling.shtml , towards bottom of page .

more to follow soon

ok answers :
1. yes will fit M3 E46
2. yes , full 100% pre preg autoclave work , all stages are hand made ,not machine
3. orders will take aprox 5 weks to complete

let me know if anything else

regards

CA AUTOMOTIVE UK 02-16-2005 03:06 PM

more images csl trunk

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

HI TO ALL , thanks for all the replies .

I am awaiting better images , for time being please refer to our site page at http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/carbo...-styling.shtml , towards bottom of page .

more to follow soon

ok answers :
1. yes will fit M3 E46
2. yes , full 100% pre preg autoclave work , all stages are hand made ,not machine
3. orders will take aprox 5 weks to complete

let me know if anything else

regards

hello again

found some more images :

nuggz35 02-16-2005 03:22 PM

Quote:

hello again

found some more images :

I like what I see so far. Before I commit 100% to a GB, lets get all of the Q's answered. If everything sounds good after that, then

1. Nuggz35

Beach_Bum 02-16-2005 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuggz35
I like what I see so far. Before I commit 100% to a GB, lets get all of the Q's answered. If everything sounds good after that, then

1. Nuggz35

Same here, I'd just like to see some pics on a car. Especially close-ups of the usual problem areas. If it all checks out

1. Nuggz35
2. Jota187

CA AUTOMOTIVE UK 02-16-2005 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuggz35

1. Nuggz35

any more questions ??

also remember this item is being made and shipped from the US , I would imagine this would give our US customers more peace of mind .

roy

CA AUTOMOTIVE UK 02-16-2005 03:32 PM

Quote:

any more questions ??

also remember this item is being made and shipped from the US , I would imagine this would give our US customers more peace of mind .

roy

what fit issues have you guys heard of in te past then ?

The first one should be on the car in say 3 weeks , i can then post up pics no problem . This will of course delay any orders ....
alternatively you can take us at our reputation , along with a written g'tee with each order that we will put right any fit / finish issues you may have .
You will not have any such issues .........Lets just say the manufacturer is very well known in the racing world ...:)

regards

nuggz35 02-16-2005 03:40 PM

Quote:

any more questions ??

roy

I love that it is made in the US. There is a couple of perks to that, shpping is cheaper, and if there is any problems it can be handled quicker. Well as stated in the post before this one, we want lots of pics of this installed, That way we can see if fitment is right, and gaps if any(hopefully not) Now I know this is CF, is there any painting or laquer required? Also does the toolkit kit fit in? If anyone has any other questions that have not been asked, please chime in.

nuggz35 02-16-2005 03:41 PM

Quote:

what fit issues have you guys heard of in te past then ?

The first one should be on the car in say 3 weeks , i can then post up pics no problem . This will of course delay any orders ....
alternatively you can take us at our reputation , along with a written g'tee with each order that we will put right any fit / finish issues you may have .
You will not have any such issues .........Lets just say the manufacturer is very well known in the racing world ...:)

regards

There has been a lot of gap issues and allignment issues.(higher on one side)