E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   SK+ Kit Delivered: Now What? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=254433)

d1trupinoy 04-25-2005 08:24 PM

SK+ Kit Delivered: Now What?

1 Attachment(s)
I just got the SK+ kit delivered. Everything is in German. I tried translating the install document using google but it is still unclear (as far as steps to do, etc.) Any suggestions would be appreciated. I wanted to do the install myself and get it tuned at a shop and it seems pretty straight forward but even I am skeptical that I can do the install with no real instructions or experience.

I live in the bay area. Any recommendations on a shop to do the install with limited instructions? I guess experience is the key here. What guages/sensors are a must to have. Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

RalphzMCS 04-25-2005 08:58 PM

what's your email....i used a different website to translate the instructions and can email you what i came up with....install doesn't seem too bad

BoostedBoogie 04-25-2005 09:01 PM

a/f ratio gauge isn't required, but nice to have.

for sure try to have an EGT (exhaust gas temp) gauge and maybe a boost gauge (although with this kit don't expect to change the boost too much, but it's nice to have the ability to monitor boost levels and watch out for boost spikes).

RalphzMCS 04-25-2005 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoostedBoogie
a/f ratio gauge isn't required, but nice to have.

for sure try to have an EGT (exhaust gas temp) gauge and maybe a boost gauge (although with this kit don't expect to change the boost too much, but it's nice to have the ability to monitor boost levels and watch out for boost spikes).

any recommendations on where to pick up the gauges at?

BoostedBoogie 04-25-2005 09:11 PM

autometer

BimmerDoc 04-25-2005 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d1trupinoy
I just got the SK+ kit delivered. Everything is in German. I tried translating the install document using google but it is still unclear (as far as steps to do, etc.) Any suggestions would be appreciated. I wanted to do the install myself and get it tuned at a shop and it seems pretty straight forward but even I am skeptical that I can do the install with no real instructions or experience.

I live in the bay area. Any recommendations on a shop to do the install with limited instructions? I guess experience is the key here. What guages/sensors are a must to have. Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

That's it?

HIGH_HEAT 04-25-2005 10:32 PM

take the car to technic . let them handle it

Dwn2Race 04-25-2005 11:28 PM

i have a friend whos a bmw tech, if you need one. Girard from TWC with the red widebody e36 m3 turbo.

John

VMW Racing 04-26-2005 12:18 AM

This is unfortortunetly why I did not end up buying the kit from Infinitas, he wouldn't translate it. I wish you good luck, it is actually a very easy install I hear, Samir and the boys would probably be able to do it fairly quickly.

Good Luck,

Cavan

edit: Guage wise, usually what people will run is A/F ratio, Boost, and Oil Pressure. With this charger they are definetly not a Must have since it's fairly low boost and easy maintenence, but at least a boost guage is nice too have.

Edison@JleviSW 04-26-2005 12:41 AM

Personally I would go to a reputable shop like Rennwerks in mountain view. They are very experienced with aftermarket parts for BMW and Porsche.

vmwerks 04-26-2005 12:56 AM

PM me and I will work something out for you.. I speak a little German but the kit is a snap...

d1trupinoy 04-26-2005 05:22 AM

SK+ English Install Doc exists.

Someone just sent me an english version of the SK+ Install Document. Hurray! :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by VMW Racing
This is unfortortunetly why I did not end up buying the kit from Infinitas, he wouldn't translate it. I wish you good luck, it is actually a very easy install I hear, Samir and the boys would probably be able to do it fairly quickly.

Good Luck,

Cavan

edit: Guage wise, usually what people will run is A/F ratio, Boost, and Oil Pressure. With this charger they are definetly not a Must have since it's fairly low boost and easy maintenence, but at least a boost guage is nice too have.

VMW Racing 04-26-2005 01:27 PM

Quote:

Someone just sent me an english version of the SK+ Install Document. Hurray! :thumbup:

Glad to hear it :thumbup: Good luck with the install if you take it on yourself. If not give Samir or Walter a call, either could get it thrown on for you no problem.

-Cavan

VMW

fstazzwhip 04-26-2005 02:41 PM

:thumbup:
Quote:

your welcome lol

lee330sport 04-27-2005 03:31 AM

Make sure if/when you drill the sump that you take it off. Alot of installers do this while the sump is on, leaving metal filings in there. You will need a special tool for this from Infinitas, have you got it?

d1trupinoy 04-27-2005 09:31 AM

I plan on getting the install done at Valley Motorwerks when they open up shop in June! I will definitely ask them about that though. Thanks for the advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee330sport
Make sure if/when you drill the sump that you take it off. Alot of installers do this while the sump is on, leaving metal filings in there. You will need a special tool for this from Infinitas, have you got it?

mdd711 04-28-2005 09:30 AM

can anyone send me the english version of the installation manual. Im planning on starting the install this weekend, Thanks.

Alan L. 04-28-2005 09:57 AM

Whoa.....so little parts. The install should be a breeze :thumbup:

Looks like an afternoon project.

RalphzMCS 04-28-2005 10:14 AM

you sure it'll be easy? i talked to european performance in DE and they were working on the same kit and were saying its a little more complicated, maybe 8-10 hrs to install. :dunno:

///OSS 04-28-2005 10:36 AM

what are the chances you could send me those instructions as well?

otherside@bellsouth.net

Thanks a lot!

Luis