E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.) (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   OEM HK Ski Pass Sub (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=258435)

BMVEE 05-09-2005 09:46 AM

OEM HK Ski Pass Sub

Anyone interested in purchasing the OEM HK ski passthru subwoofer? I have no further use for this item. Works well, though you must have the SKI passthru option.

Looking for $125http://forum.e46fanatics.com/images/smilies/2thumbs.gif

BMVEE 05-10-2005 12:40 AM

:bump: age

BMVEE 05-11-2005 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMVEE
:bump: age

Someone's gotta have a use for this... throw me an offer

d1trupinoy 05-11-2005 09:18 AM

gotta pic?

Quote:

Someone's gotta have a use for this... throw me an offer

BMVEE 05-11-2005 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d1trupinoy
gotta pic?

No, but I'll get one on here tonight

Notorious3 05-15-2005 01:38 AM

does this work with no HK system?

BMVEE 05-15-2005 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notorious3
does this work with no HK system?

Yes... my system is non HK, but you'll need an external amp to power it.

nishboo 05-16-2005 07:26 PM

do you have any pics?

J.DoubleU.O. 05-16-2005 11:01 PM

Might be interested. Post a pic. What's the subs rating, and what size is it?

BMVEE 05-17-2005 08:42 PM

Pics

3 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the delay everyone.... here are the pictures

J.DoubleU.O. 05-18-2005 12:08 AM

Quote:

Sorry for the delay everyone.... here are the pictures

What size is that, and how many watts is it? Oh yeah, and is it compatible with the stock HK system, or do I need an additional power source to run it?

BMVEE 05-18-2005 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobo
What size is that, and how many watts is it? Oh yeah, and is it compatible with the stock HK system, or do I need an additional power source to run it?

It's intended for use with HK... I don't know the rating and yes you need an external source if you don't have HK

BMVEE 05-20-2005 08:43 AM

KAhttp://forum.e46fanatics.com/images/smilies/bump.gif

KC-10boom 05-20-2005 10:44 AM

more info please...

Do you have any more information on its size. I know it fits in the ski pass, but how about the sub diameter? Also, the ohms, wattage, and prior thoughts as to the effectiveness, or "thump" quality. Very interested, but also very curious....Oh yeah, if it's a "standard size" sub, does it look as if the mount could be rigged using a different brand of sub?
Thanks

J.DoubleU.O. 05-20-2005 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC-10boom
Do you have any more information on its size. I know it fits in the ski pass, but how about the sub diameter? Also, the ohms, wattage, and prior thoughts as to the effectiveness, or "thump" quality. Very interested, but also very curious....Oh yeah, if it's a "standard size" sub, does it look as if the mount could be rigged using a different brand of sub?
Thanks

Same information I was looking for. Good questions, but I don't know if the seller has any of that information. I'm goig to try to look it up online to find out what was offered by HK for this so I can get somesort of idea on how good it might sound.

KC-10boom 05-20-2005 12:19 PM

if you find anything out....

If you find info, plz pass it on

BMVEE 05-20-2005 04:08 PM

Quote:

If you find info, plz pass it on

I can tell you it's an 8" driver... the rest is pretty difficult to discover.... have you ever tried finding specs for an OEM product for a BMW.... I can tell you that someone at BMW knows... but it's not my local parts department. I drew a blank there as well as on the net or the info would be here. Sorry fellas... I can tell you that it works and that you will not win an SPL competition, but if you want more bottom end than you have... it will work.

BMVEE 05-20-2005 04:10 PM

Quote:

Thanks

The whole point behind the sub is to be on a door that will swing open if you want to pass skis through the compartment. It's 8", but the depth will matter. You could easily retrofit a different sub in the enclosure, but I don't know why you'd want to go to the trouble as you'd not be able to open and close the door properly (see the pics).

KC-10boom 05-21-2005 06:44 PM

Still available???

Sent you an e-mail, wondering if this is still available :dunno:

BMVEE 05-21-2005 09:39 PM

Quote:

Sent you an e-mail, wondering if this is still available :dunno:

Sorry... I didn't receive your email... yes it is still available..

Email replied