E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   DIY: Do It Yourself (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Turning off seatbelt chime (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=265125)

Carlman 06-02-2005 04:46 PM

Turning off seatbelt chime

Is there any way to disable or turn off the chiming or beeping reminder to fasten your seatbelt?

I have turned it off with a sequence of ignition switching in another car (Toyota) but haven't found anything about it for BMW. I'd prefer not to hear it.

Before I get flamed by the seatbelt fanatics... I feel confident in my abilities to fasten it but my habit is to buckle up after I start the car instead of before... So, I really don't need the beeping...

I would greatly appreciate the sequence if anyone has it.

Thanks.

Mike Benvo 06-04-2005 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlman
Is there any way to disable or turn off the chiming or beeping reminder to fasten your seatbelt?

I have turned it off with a sequence of ignition switching in another car (Toyota) but haven't found anything about it for BMW. I'd prefer not to hear it.

Before I get flamed by the seatbelt fanatics... I feel confident in my abilities to fasten it but my habit is to buckle up after I start the car instead of before... So, I really don't need the beeping...

I would greatly appreciate the sequence if anyone has it.

Thanks.

Haha. I didn't even know it beeped because of the seatbelt being off.

:idea:

tommiexboi 06-05-2005 03:56 AM

the hell bmw's do that? lol

Carskibum 06-05-2005 08:38 AM

my dads benz dus that ****. even when the passanger is seatbeltless. killer annoying. to be completely honest though. i can drive w/o it on. with my spirited driving, id be all over the cabin w/o it on.

but its up to u. maybe one of the chips has that as a feature? :dunno: benz offered to turn the chime off for my dad at the cost of 140 bucks :lmao:. maybe BMW does the same. Good luck.-REed

Carlman 06-07-2005 11:47 AM

I can't decipher any relevant information from the last few posts. Maybe I wasn't clear in my question...?

When I get into my car, turn the key, and start the engine, there is beeping. I'd like it to not beep. Does anyone know how to disable the beeping when the car is first started?

Every car I've owned does this because I put my seatbelt on after the engine starts. Some cars have a way to turn off the beep or chime. I was hoping to find out if BMW has this option.

-C

Mike Benvo 06-07-2005 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlman
I can't decipher any relevant information from the last few posts. Maybe I wasn't clear in my question...?

When I get into my car, turn the key, and start the engine, there is beeping. I'd like it to not beep. Does anyone know how to disable the beeping when the car is first started?

Every car I've owned does this because I put my seatbelt on after the engine starts. Some cars have a way to turn off the beep or chime. I was hoping to find out if BMW has this option.

-C

I think you are SOL my friend... I'm not sure though. I think the beeping is annoying also, but thought it was because the lights were left on or something.

Bavaryan 03-24-2011 07:52 PM

Mine does NOT chime, and i'd like it to. Sometimes I get halfway where i'm going and realize i've forgotten to put it on. Sport seats hold on so tight I don't even notice it not being on, it is, in fact, a problem.

Any idea how to get it to chime on an 02?? I'd also like to reactivate my DRLs, but as I understand it that is a dealership run.

Mission2164 03-25-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlman (Post 2851135)

I think this specific beeping you are referring to is due to the temperature when it drops below 36 degrees the car is warning you there may be ice on the road.

If it's not cold where you live then I'm not sure what beeping your referring to. :tsk:

El Polo 03-25-2011 10:41 PM

US/Canada specs car beep all the time. BMW had to follow regulations...
That said, there is a way to play with the parameters if you know how to recode your car.
My next project...

sleepyfu 10-05-2012 09:05 PM

E30 I used to own doesn't beep at anything, doesn't need clutch in to start.
My Subaru beeped and needed clutch in to start, a simple seat belt latch/unlatch sequence took care of the beeps,
including the key in beeps. Now it beeps at nothing,
and a wire jumper took care of the clutch.
I am sure the E46 can have the clutch bypassed by a jumper,
but as for the beeping, the only real DIY solution I saw is to desolder the piezo in the dash.
I F:censor:CKING HATE THE BEEPING!!!!! stupid USDM regulation bull ****.:facepalm::banghead::ben:

To be clear, just as everyone else here asking to disable to chime is not to not wear seat belt, and even if some one wants drive w/out a seat belt, that's their business, I don't care. I simply don't need my car to beep at me for stupid sh1t

Kmoy2002 10-06-2012 01:02 PM

This may help. Disabling the sensor may solve your beeping issue

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=935613