E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Predator Chromium vs. Titanium Edition: Why we chose to only sell one (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=277187)

Jlevi SW 07-18-2005 12:08 AM

Predator Chromium vs. Titanium Edition: Why we chose to only sell one

3 Attachment(s)
I am often asked "Why did you guys switch from Titanium Edition to Predator Chromium? Where the heck did Predator Chromium come from?"

Well, (and I'm sure other people in the business will be unhappy about this) I'm going to speak my mind and tell you all my somewhat professional opinion.

Predator Chromium touts the following features over Titanium Edition
-Less ring failures
-Better aesthetics with thinner rings and nicer notches... which leads me to...
-Better light dispersion... no "dead spots"
-Better color - no 8000K ugliness, just pure 6000K color
-**LESS BULKY**... therefore...
-MUCH EASIER to install... as well as...
-No chance of breaking with autoleveling - they are thinner
-Better CLIPS! Pressure fit, only one notch necessary... easier to put on...
-Lighter - less chance of rocking around and breaking
-**BETTER LIGHT DISPERSION!** Because of the TRUE chromed backing
-Better wiring, cleaner, more predictable
-Rings can be removed and replaced - no need for a whole new ring if something goes wrong
-Clips can be removed - so we stock one kit for E36, E38, E39, etc etc... very handy

My problems with Titanium Edition are as follows:
-**Light dispersion is TERRIBLE**
-**Rings are bulky**
-Hard to install because of bulkiness
-Heavy, they swing around
-The "titanium" backing is just spraypainted silver... and it peels off...
-The rings are glued to the back. It's messy. And if one breaks, it doesn't come off. And then you can't swap colors
-The clips are crap. Sorry, but they are. Too bulky, again.

And there you have it. And now for the pics...

Chromium looks great, huh?

http://www.umnitza.com/albums/e46pro...4194.sized.jpg

http://www.umnitza.com/albums/e46pro...4192.sized.jpg

But look at these attachments of Titanium... don't look too full, do they?

And look at the NICE backings on the chromium?

Anyways, I don't mean to slanderize, but I had to speak my mind. I'm tired of people asking why I don't carry the "nice" demon eyes...

Thanks guys
JL

Cobra 07-18-2005 12:10 AM

umnitza told before that the predator is brighter, i was gonna go with predator anyway. this just makes me feel better about my choice http://forum.e46fanatics.com/images/.../bluehappy.gif

dasblack 07-18-2005 12:12 AM

Nice post, but what is wrong w/ the 8000k chromiums compared to 6000k?

J.DoubleU.O. 07-18-2005 12:17 AM

Are the predator chromiums from a manufacturer in San Marcos, CA, or is that a different manufacturer? Or do you know? Just wondering.

Jlevi SW 07-18-2005 12:21 AM

Chromium is made overseas, and in my opinion, this makes them BETTER (yes, better).

Titanium Edition is made in San Marcos. I know the people who make them, so I won't say too much, but I am NOT impressed with the quality anymore...
JL

skylor318 07-18-2005 12:23 AM

I like my titaniums but I agree that they do have some dead spots at certain angles that is only noticeable during the day. I haven't noticed any of the other problems mentioned though. My question is why not use the titanium rings with a chrome backing? I know if that was available it would have been my first choice.

m3on20z 07-18-2005 12:27 AM

Are the Chromium rings for the X5 (2002) re-shaped? So the highbeam ring actually goes around the whole circle, instead of stopping 3/4 of the way down?

And sorry to go offtopic, but I went on your site, and was trying to find replacement HID 9006 bulbs, but couldn't find them? Thanks bro. :)

Jlevi SW 07-18-2005 12:27 AM

The problem with the Titanium Edition is not the backing, like we thought.
It's the wierd shape of the notches in the front. They are SUPPOSED to reduce glare, but they actually just cut off the light and therefore make the rings difficult to see from certain angles.

skylor318 07-18-2005 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlevi
The problem with the Titanium Edition is not the backing, like we thought.
It's the wierd shape of the notches in the front. They are SUPPOSED to reduce glare, but they actually just cut off the light and therefore make the rings difficult to see from certain angles.

Okay, I always thought it was the backing as well. Thanks for the clarification. :thumbsup:

J.DoubleU.O. 07-18-2005 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlevi
Chromium is made overseas, and in my opinion, this makes them BETTER (yes, better).

Titanium Edition is made in San Marcos. I know the people who make them, so I won't say too much, but I am NOT impressed with the quality anymore...
JL

Thanks for the infor, JLevi. That sucks, though, because San Marcos is only about 10 minutes East on the 78, and I wouldn't have minded dropping by there. Oh well....

BanMdrWew 07-18-2005 03:02 AM

very helpful post.

M3J0N 07-18-2005 04:38 AM

how much are these?

Old Rum 07-18-2005 08:25 AM

do most people upgrade stock xenons to 6000k when they do this? If not will it still look decent?

dasblack 07-18-2005 08:28 AM

Anyone have the 8000k chromiums?

Tutankhamon 07-18-2005 11:36 AM

Wow FINALLY, somebody out there willing to give a good comparison and cut through the crap.
I ended up choosing chromiums so this makes me feel better about my decision as well. I went with the 4300K since I didn't want to change my stock xenons (i love the way they look now), I just hope that when they come in, they look as good as the 6000K.
On that note, does anybody have a pic of the 4300K chromiums?

TravsM3 07-18-2005 11:38 AM

:werd: big up to jlevi

JCsE46 07-18-2005 01:40 PM

Hey Jon,
It has been long since I ordered some from you. Can I just order the predator chromium ring without the wire harness? If so, please pm'ed me. Thanks.

330 HRE 07-18-2005 01:48 PM

Just wondering what difference it makes if you make stuff in the US or in overseas aka taiwan or so. Why are 6k in the rings better than 8k? I see some of your points and agree with you but some points I am like :dunno: .

koven 07-18-2005 02:04 PM

i would have gotten these over the titaniums if they came in 8000k :dunno:

russ330 07-18-2005 02:35 PM

Damn, you're really going out on a ledge with this one Jon. :eek: I hope this doesn't come back around and damage any business relationships, as it seemed to me that no vendor was going to do a heads up comparison of the two products. Best of luck to you. :)

As for those who are asking which is better, 6000K, 8000K, etc., it's simply referring to the color.