E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Fender Rolling (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=279612)

defex 07-26-2005 07:25 PM

Fender Rolling

How do you roll your fenders?

Is it a DIY?

If not how much does it cost and are there negative effects?

defex 07-26-2005 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmer_boy

Is it a DIY?

Come on.. no one knows? Everyones always talking about it!

wesborl898 07-27-2005 12:14 AM

Quote:

Come on.. no one knows? Everyones always talking about it!

i dont think its a diy...youd probably need expensive equipment/machinery to do that...as for the pricing,,i dont know.. :dunno:

Deepeyes 07-27-2005 12:18 AM

you would need special equipment to do it the right way and you have to know what you are doing so you dont screw up your paint, have it done by a proffessional it is not extremely expensive

LakeShow 07-27-2005 12:30 AM

Cost me $35 a fender today! This is not a DIY process, they cut plastic and used a fender rolling contraption from what i saw :thumbsup:

defex 07-27-2005 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakeShow423
Cost me $35 a fender today! This is not a DIY process, they cut plastic and used a fender rolling contraption from what i saw :thumbsup:

$35 a fender? Not bad at all! Do you only need to do the back most of the time? Say if you wanted to fit oem m3 rims?

330ciz 07-27-2005 09:58 PM

Quote:

Is it a DIY?

I thought i saw a tool to roll fender at tire rack!! cant remember the price, you may wanna check that out. i

Gary@Tirerack 07-28-2005 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 330ciz
I thought i saw a tool to roll fender at tire rack!! cant remember the price, you may wanna check that out. i

$299.00

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&.../fenderlip.jsp

LakeShow 07-28-2005 01:31 PM

Quote:

$35 a fender? Not bad at all! Do you only need to do the back most of the time? Say if you wanted to fit oem m3 rims?

I think with extreme fender roll, you would still be rubbing with OEM m3 wheels. The rear wheels have such a low offset. I think fender rolling wouldnt even help. You need to run 4 front wheels if you wanted to go the OEM route.

lgrogan116 07-28-2005 02:23 PM

Do a search, there was a guy here a while ago that rented the tool out. I think it was $50 bucks and he included a heat gun to heat the paint so it didn't crack. I rented it from him and did it myself. Search my posts if you want and I put something about him in the seller feedback forum.

defex 07-28-2005 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgrogan116
Do a search, there was a guy here a while ago that rented the tool out. I think it was $50 bucks and he included a heat gun to heat the paint so it didn't crack. I rented it from him and did it myself. Search my posts if you want and I put something about him in the seller feedback forum.

Can you show me a closeup of what a rolled fender looks like compared to a stock fender? I'm not sure i undderstand the process.

Bim Growl 07-28-2005 09:39 PM

http://www.ground-control-store.com/.../II=657/CA=104

I love the description especially. :lmao:

lgrogan116 08-01-2005 02:32 PM

Quote:

Can you show me a closeup of what a rolled fender looks like compared to a stock fender? I'm not sure i undderstand the process.

Take your finger and feel under your rear fender. The piece of metal that sticks straight towards your car gets flattened up towards the roof instead. I'll see if I can get a good pic...

///OSS 08-01-2005 03:46 PM

just be careful who you do it with, some people use machines and still mess it up....I had a guy shave and hammer the **** to perfection and he did an awsome job for like 60 bucks a side and he took his time...it was my second attempt so he had to deal with a previous job that wasnt that great and still he pulled it off nicely!

I needed mine as far back as possible as i have 19x10 rears so Im right at the edge of the well...

BTW M3 offset is waaayy to intense even with fender roll, youll have to maybe pull the fenders for that one, but no clue on that....

tdevil 08-01-2005 04:03 PM

i got mine done at a good reputable shop but.. 160$.

goodbye mod money

bluecougar 08-02-2005 10:14 AM

I paid $90 to have mine done

steelblue46330i 08-02-2005 09:24 PM

I paid $150 at Rogue and Im happy with the service :thumbup:

xmrcivicboix 08-02-2005 10:01 PM

take a bat... stick between the inside of the fender and the tires then roll it inch by inch until the inner part of the fender and the out part of the fender becomes parallel... If ur rear tires are too low and close to the fender, use a jack and jack up the rear until the bat goes between it.

Bim Growl 08-02-2005 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmrcivicboix
take a bat... stick between the inside of the fender and the tires then roll it inch by inch until the inner part of the fender and the out part of the fender becomes parallel... If ur rear tires are too low and close to the fender, use a jack and jack up the rear until the bat goes between it.

That may work on your civic, but the BMW's are more solid than that.

Besides, what a ghetto way to do it...

Deepeyes 08-03-2005 01:13 AM

my rear fenders where cut and resealed :thumbup: by a very reputable shop nearby