E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   lip or no lip? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=286863)

zberch 08-22-2005 05:24 PM

lip or no lip?
 
I really like the look of a rim with a lip, but not sure if i should get a rims with one.
Reasons....
1) Im going with 18" wheels and heard having a lip on a rim makes them look smaller
2) Im have a 323i sport and dont want to lower it anymore then it is and think a lip doesnt look right on a non slamed car.

What you guys think ??

DarXide 08-22-2005 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zberch
I really like the look of a rim with a lip, but not sure if i should get a rims with one.
Reasons....
1) Im going with 18" wheels and heard having a lip on a rim makes them look smaller
2) Im have a 323i sport and dont want to lower it anymore then it is and think a lip doesnt look right on a non slamed car.

What you guys think ??

1) I have yet to see a car with 18'' wheels with a lip.
2)No rim looks the best if the car is not dropped.
3)I would recommend that if you don't want an agressive drop, just go with H & R Sport srings.
Good Luck Bud. :thumbsup:

bluecougar 08-22-2005 05:37 PM

with lip!!!

zberch 08-22-2005 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M330i
1) I have yet to see a car with 18'' wheels with a lip.
2)No rim looks the best if the car is not dropped.
3)I would recommend that if you don't want an agressive drop, just go with H & R Sport srings.
Good Luck Bud. :thumbsup:

Arn't my sport spring like the H & R Sport srings.?

bluecougar 08-22-2005 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zberch
Arn't my sport spring like the H & R Sport srings.?

no, the H&R are a lot lower

zberch 08-22-2005 06:16 PM

:hmm: **** i had a lowered car before and really did not want my bimmer to be lowered!!

330lover 08-22-2005 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zberch
:hmm: **** i had a lowered car before and really did not want my bimmer to be lowered!!

I think 18" rims with 2 inches or more on lip will look smaller. Mine is 1 inch which look OK for me. I am still using stock sport supension. I can put 3 fingers between the front tire and fender. If you use Eibach pro kit spring, U can put 2 or 1.5 finger in. I think lower the car will make your wheels look bigger and improve handling. I will do it sooner or later.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...r/DSCN2387.jpg

01' 330ia, bk/bk, cd, moon, xenon, 18x8 ASA AR1, 18/225/40 Avon M500, Axxis brake pad

Nuori 08-22-2005 08:52 PM

With my H&R race springs I only get about 1 finger max all around.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18...4/P8070013.jpg

Gorilla Beast 08-23-2005 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecougar
with lip!!!

:werd:

zberch 08-23-2005 01:58 PM

thats what im talking about wheels like on Brad323i ride. Those are clean! Anyone know what those are?

325 & 55 08-23-2005 02:37 PM

Get Lip....
 
2 Attachment(s)
fronts are 18x8.5 (2" lip) on 235/40's and rears 18x9.5 (2 1/2" lip) on 255/35's, car is dropped on BavAuto Performance Springs w/Koni Yellows; no finger gap in front and half finger in the rear. :woot:

As for look, most non-fanatics often ask me if my wheels are 18 or 19's :)

bluecougar 08-23-2005 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zberch
thats what im talking about wheels like on Brad323i ride. Those are clean! Anyone know what those are?

MVR

msyaz 08-25-2005 02:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
fat lips!!!

ramingeles2000 08-25-2005 04:48 AM

fat lip-->looks much better man...

where can i get more info on suspension and hr springs?

BayerischeMW 08-25-2005 04:52 AM

big lips makes 18s look smaller than they really are. 19s is the way to go if you want huge lips. step lips look great on 18s


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use