E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Video - ESS 600hp M3 CSL on Nurburgring (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=296974)

MarvelPhx 09-27-2005 08:53 PM

Video - ESS 600hp M3 CSL on Nurburgring
 
http://www.my330i.com/videos/ess_csl.wmv

This is the LOADED M3 CSL running Nurburgring. This is where ESS tunes and develops their supercharger systems. As of right now their goal is to have the fastest street registered vehicle on the Ring. Currently, they are *just* shy of that record.

MPossible 09-27-2005 09:08 PM

damn nice vid... more vidz please..... :)

iLLM3 09-27-2005 09:11 PM

Wow that car sounds nuts... Looks pretty fast :thumbsup:

TaZaM3 09-27-2005 09:31 PM

Haha amazing!!

I thought they got 570hp on an engine dyno.

scmgoblue 09-27-2005 09:43 PM

WOW!!!! the ring rules!

gbn 09-27-2005 09:43 PM

Ok video, but what kinda times did they post? I know Hans Stuck has broken the 9 minute mark in a M3 GTR.

Ervin87 09-27-2005 09:46 PM

Sick. :thumbup:

e46baller 09-27-2005 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbn
Ok video, but what kinda times did they post? I know Hans Stuck has broken the 9 minute mark in a M3 GTR.

Im wondering that as well sure is fast :eek:

DarXide 09-27-2005 10:09 PM

Ddaaaaayyymmmmmmmmmm

omes 09-28-2005 01:06 AM

sick vid....

I thought the CSL on came in 6spd MT and that car had an SMG, I was just curious?

Mteknic330ci 09-28-2005 01:33 AM

:woot: :thumbsup:

TaZaM3 09-28-2005 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omes
sick vid....

I thought the CSL on came in 6spd MT and that car had an SMG, I was just curious?


Other way around. It only comes with SMG2.

MarvelPhx 09-28-2005 04:29 AM

I will see if I can get the times they are running...

The M3 GTR/Stuck post isn't relevant since that is not a street registered vehicle. They are aiming for the street car record.

And yes, it is that insanely fast...

CRAZED 09-28-2005 05:21 AM

Wait a minute, is the dyno chart of his 580 or 600 HP (whatever it really is) accurate? If it is, damn, that is one fast M (or M3 CSL in this case). Either way, that's insane. I'm also curious if this guy is using some nitrous in addition to being SC'D? I mean, how come no AA SC'D M's on this board aren't pushing 550 HP or whatever? Is it only cause they aren't CSLs or because no one has even dared to try to obtain that much HP? Sorry, I'm a newbie, but I'm here to learn :D. Educate me with some facts/information. Thanks.

emthree 09-28-2005 05:23 AM

Whoa, gotta have a crazy fast reaction time to run that track.
Please get some more interior driving videos of the CSL if you can.

Stanc3 09-28-2005 05:30 AM

Best street-driven BMW in the world IMO

grossi330 09-28-2005 11:17 AM

Nice. I'm extremely interested to see what kind of lap times that monster can put down!

iLLM3 09-28-2005 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRAZED
Wait a minute, is the dyno chart of his 580 or 600 HP (whatever it really is) accurate? If it is, damn, that is one fast M (or M3 CSL in this case). Either way, that's insane. I'm also curious if this guy is using some nitrous in addition to being SC'D? I mean, how come no AA SC'D M's on this board aren't pushing 550 HP or whatever? Is it only cause they aren't CSLs or because no one has even dared to try to obtain that much HP? Sorry, I'm a newbie, but I'm here to learn :D. Educate me with some facts/information. Thanks.

Jerry witht he AA SC PY M3 in miami is putting out 518 at the wheels, about 600 crank or close to it with some nitrous :thumbup:

TaZaM3 09-28-2005 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRAZED
Wait a minute, is the dyno chart of his 580 or 600 HP (whatever it really is) accurate? If it is, damn, that is one fast M (or M3 CSL in this case). Either way, that's insane. I'm also curious if this guy is using some nitrous in addition to being SC'D? I mean, how come no AA SC'D M's on this board aren't pushing 550 HP or whatever? Is it only cause they aren't CSLs or because no one has even dared to try to obtain that much HP? Sorry, I'm a newbie, but I'm here to learn :D. Educate me with some facts/information. Thanks.

Well to start off with thats a csl engine, he has different cams, that could prob adjust for the extra 20 HP compared to the AA. The AA Stage 2 SC'd cars do hit 550hp.

MarvelPhx 09-28-2005 01:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
It can actually put out more than 600hp (there is no nitrous on the car) for a period of time... Notice the water tank at the rear of the engine bay (with the red pressure cap): Fill it with ice and it will improve the aftercooler charge efficiency for up to 30 min at WOT.

Notice the side exhaust pipes, GTR style!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use