E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Track not so good (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=303277)

Joaqo1010 10-19-2005 01:46 PM

Track not so good
 
I went to the track last weekend in commerce Ga. It didnt go as well as i thought. My best time was 15.1. I have a 330 ci with a dinan chip in it. I really thought i would hit 14s at least but i guess not. The track is kinda shitty but thats no excuse i think my launch was just horrible didnt feel like i was getting to much power off of it. Can anyone help.n Ill probably go back in a couple of weeks

rana 10-19-2005 02:58 PM

how were you launching?

where were your RPM's? How did you let the clutch out?

Joaqo1010 10-19-2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rana
how were you launching?

where were your RPM's? How did you let the clutch out?

I was launching at about 3000 but i feel like i was letting the clutch out to fast but i tried to let it out slowly and it wouldnt catch.

vaio76109 10-20-2005 01:04 AM

what are your 60' times?

PEI330Ci 10-20-2005 07:36 AM

3000 sounds really high with stock tires.

My best advice for launch is to start at 1500 RPM dumping the clutch, and then try increasing the launch RPM by 200 RPM on each successive launch. At some point you will find a good balance between avioding wheel spin, and avoiding a bog that will show up on your 60 ft.

With a Stock 5 sp manual 330, Do NOT shift into 4th. Bounce it off the rev limiter in 3rd...it's faster.

Powershift! That is, shift with your foot held to the floor on the accelerator. If you are fast enough, the clutch and fuel cut-off won't be an issue.

Personal result with the above: 14.4

Lastly, practice. It took me no less than 18 passes to get my time down to 14.4 with a 2.1 60 ft. I started at 15.3 if it makes you feel better.

Have fun,

Adam

Joaqo1010 10-20-2005 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pei330ci
3000 sounds really high with stock tires.

My best advice for launch is to start at 1500 RPM dumping the clutch, and then try increasing the launch RPM by 200 RPM on each successive launch. At some point you will find a good balance between avioding wheel spin, and avoiding a bog that will show up on your 60 ft.

With a Stock 5 sp manual 330, Do NOT shift into 4th. Bounce it off the rev limiter in 3rd...it's faster.

Powershift! That is, shift with your foot held to the floor on the accelerator. If you are fast enough, the clutch and fuel cut-off won't be an issue.

Personal result with the above: 14.4

Lastly, practice. It took me no less than 18 passes to get my time down to 14.4 with a 2.1 60 ft. I started at 15.3 if it makes you feel better.

Have fun,

Adam

Thanks yea i definetly shifted into fourth everytime and i was dumping the clutch too fast the track was full so i only passed about 5 times i do think i need alot more practice.

asarki 11-11-2005 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joaqo1010
Thanks yea i definetly shifted into fourth everytime and i was dumping the clutch too fast the track was full so i only passed about 5 times i do think i need alot more practice.


yea 15.1 sounds way off i hit a 15.6 with a 2000 323ci stock i was launching at 4500rpm but featheing the clutch and dont powershift thats for people who dont know how to shift your not going to get better times doing that just gunna f up ur clutch you power shift on a honda not a bavarian good luck


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use