E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   AutoWerks E46 LED Tail Lights Have Arrived!! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=317314)

Chris@AutoWerks 12-07-2005 02:32 PM

AutoWerks E46 LED Tail Lights Have Arrived!!

AutoWerks E46 LED Tail Lights Are Here!

AutoWerks is pleased to announce the availablilty of fully tested E46 LED Tail Lights. This highly anticipated product will begin shipping on December 16, 2005. We will be filling orders as quickly as possibly in the order that they were received.

There are some important things to keep in mind when considering an E46 LED Tail Light Upgrade:

* AutoWerks E46 LEDs have been tested and developed for the US Spec cars. No tail light failure warnings, and you wont need a LCM reflash. Just plug and play!

* When ordering be sure to indicate whether you have a US or Euro Spec car. Installation of Euro Spec LEDs on US Spec cars may cause a costly LCM Failure.

* Please use caution if you decide to install an untested or Euro Spec version of this product, a LCM failure could cost you upwards of $250 not including labor.

* There is a full ONE YEAR warranty for these LED Tail Lights from the manufacturer.

* AutoWerks is the EXCLUSIVE US and Canadian distributor for this product.

Product Description:
The latest and greatest tail light technology is now available for the E46 3 Series Coupe (1999-2005) and Sedans (1999-2005). This is a two piece kit for the tail lights only. You do have the option to include the two smaller trunk lens, these are not LED but will be new so they can match your new taillights. See options above.

* Expected delivery time will be 10-15 days from time of order.
* Please note that these tail lights are in high demand. The time from when you place your order to when you will receive your tail lights is expected to be 10-15 days until the "Rush" is over.

Features
* One Year Warranty
* DOT Legal!
* Includes backing plates w/ Trunk Lights!
* Complete Plug and Play
* Two piece kit with option to add the smaller trunk lights to keep the "new" look if yours are faded. (see options)

Engineering Details
* Fully Tested and Developed, Guaranteed to work correctly!
* Available for the 3 series coupes 99-05 and sedans 99-05
* Fits like the originals
* Will not fit the convertible
* 10-30 minute complete install using standard hand tools!
* Requires no light control module reflash
* Absolutly NO tail light warning lamp errors!

Benefits
* Updated Looks
* Alerts drivers behind you with brighter output then the halogen based tail lights
* LED's come to full brightnest 50% quicker then traditional halogen bulbs!
* All Styles (coupe, sedan, prefacelift and facelifted) will look just like the the M3 ones Clear Led on top Red Led's on bottom!

http://www.autowerks.com/xcart/temp/e46led.jpg http://www.autowerks.com/xcart/produ...p?imageid=2210

AutoWerks E46 LEDs Click Here To Order!

Solid 12-07-2005 02:59 PM

Do you have pics of the trunk lights? I currently have the OEM clear trunk lights and have a feeling those wouldn't match too well with the LED's.

Do you have any pics with the LEDs and trunk lights together?

ADA 12-07-2005 03:06 PM

Hey just a side note:

this LED does not provide any "lower power consumption" advantage. Therefore, I think you should remove that from your list. You are misleading e46fanatics members.

Your tail lights still requires a constant 12+ V. The resistors are absorbing the majority of the engery and pushing out the lower voltage for the LED lights. However, it still doesn't matter what the output is because the input to the lights is still 12+ V. Therefore, no "power consumption" advantage

Topazblue3 12-07-2005 03:09 PM

Nice! Are the trunk lights OEM from the new coupe model or the old one?

spyder 12-07-2005 03:16 PM

We need pics of it installed. A little video of the tail lights in action would be great.

BMWPower06 12-07-2005 03:17 PM

facelifted coupe style trunk lights would look hot with those LEDs IMO

Josh@AutoWerks 12-07-2005 03:21 PM

Power consumption is measured in watts. So while everything in the car system runs on 12v, some items draw much more power. For example,a 1000w car stereo amplifier runs on 12v but draws a lot of watts. No matter how you define it, our LED taillights draw less watts (power) then their halogen counterparts. Anytime you can decrease the load on your alternator, even by small amounts, we consider that a benefit. Our product description is correct.

Josh@AutoWerks 12-07-2005 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADA
Hey just a side note:

this LED does not provide any "lower power consumption" advantage. Therefore, I think you should remove that from your list. You are misleading e46fanatics members.

Your tail lights still requires a constant 12+ V. The resistors are absorbing the majority of the engery and pushing out the lower voltage for the LED lights. However, it still doesn't matter what the output is because the input to the lights is still 12+ V. Therefore, no "power consumption" advantage

Power consumption is measured in watts. So while everything in the car system runs on 12v, some items draw much more power. For example,a 1000w car stereo amplifier runs on 12v but draws a lot of watts. No matter how you define it, our LED taillights draw less watts (power) then their halogen counterparts. Anytime you can decrease the load on your alternator, even by small amounts, we consider that a benefit. Our product description is correct.

Topazblue3 12-07-2005 03:54 PM

Pic of trunk lights please?

Josh@AutoWerks 12-07-2005 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder
We need pics of it installed. A little video of the tail lights in action would be great.

I totally agree. Tomorrow I will have time to put something together. This is the busy time of the year...tis the season

330 HRE 12-07-2005 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh@AutoWerks

Thank you for the clarification.

ADA->

ADA 12-07-2005 04:22 PM

Quote:

If your product discription is correct than you then WHY did you remove the "power consumption" listing.

Also, I like how you boys at autowerks can't make up your mind. There are conflicting "clarifications." I like how you edited your post.

1) Anyhow, stop pulling stuff out of your rear end. Since you are so concerns with the community why don;t you post the waltage usage for these LED tailights so we can determine whether there is any advantage?

2) You better but a warning/disclaimer on these LED tailights. You don't want members car to burn down due to the extremely hot resistors. How is the hot resistors being mounted?

ADA 12-07-2005 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 330 HRE
Thank you for the clarification.

ADA->

Grow up kid. Stop being a sheep. Boards and forums like this is established so that members could look out of each other best interests.

I have news for you. Most vendors on here are not here to "protect" you. They are here to make money off you. autowerks is a perfect example of this. THis is why they are not doing a group buy. they know there is a high demand and they want to maximize their profit.

Autowerks received numerous advance orders on these tailights ONE YEAR in advance. During the last 365 days the refused to respond to thread requesting the status of these tailights. They didnt care because they already got our money. They ignore and neglected the community until a few days ago when EBAY start selling the SAME EXACT tail lights.

I am a strong supporter of vendors that are truely concerned with e46fanatics members. Those members (not limited to) are Uminitza, Jelvi, UUC, and among many others.

Autowerks have never posted any DIY or contributed to any threads unless they there is something in it for them.

Canuck330i 12-07-2005 04:39 PM

Quote:

Ahem: Ohm's law still applies.
http://www.the12volt.com/ohm/ohmslaw.asp

Since it appears the assemblies have load resistors in them (how else would you solve the bulb out warning without a reflash?), it's these that will draw the extra current (and therefor dissipate the energy in the form of heat).
So yes, the LEDs will draw less power but overall the power consumption won't drop by a whole lot. In fact it could go up if the load resistors aren't the correct, minimal value to avoid a bulb out warning.

So, if your load resistors are 6 Ohms and they're running at 12V then power consumption of each load resistor is:

12V*12V/6ohms
--> 24 Watts.

Or do these assemblies not have load resistors in them?

330 HRE 12-07-2005 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADA
Grow up kid. Stop being a sheep. Boards and forums like this is established so that members could look out of each other best interests.

I have news for you. Most vendors on here are not here to "protect" you. They are here to make money off you. autowerks is a perfect example of this. THis is why they are not doing a group buy. they know there is a high demand and they want to maximize their profit.

Autowerks received numerous advance orders on these tailights ONE YEAR in advance. During the last 365 days the refused to respond to thread requesting the status of these tailights. They didnt care because they already got our money. They ignore and neglected the community until a few days ago when EBAY start selling the SAME EXACT tail lights.

I am a strong supporter of vendors that are truely concerned with e46fanatics members. Those members (not limited to) are Uminitza, Jelvi, UUC, and among many others.

Autowerks have never posted any DIY or contributed to any threads unless they there is something in it for them.

Yea I am so ignorant that I didn't know companies actually are out there to make money and make a living. Ignorance is bliss....if you don't like Autowerks and keep bashing on them...take your ish somewhere else. Every post from you to them is always giving them ish.....telling me I am kid and grow up...why not do someting constructive with your time and make a difference than bicker. I ain't going to bother to respond if you respond back so post whatever you want.:thumbup:

PS
Just b/c my screen name isn't popular doesn't mean I am not sponsored by most of the these companies that are vendors here too. I am not sponsored by autowerks by the way.

Josh@AutoWerks 12-07-2005 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADA

ADA,

I am not sure why you are so negative towards us, but I do want to clear up a few inaccuracies in your post.

First, we have not been taking orders for a year, and there are only a few customers who have actualy paid for their LED kits. The vast majority have not been charged yet, although that is hardly any of your business unless you are one of our customers.

Second, we have only recently joined E46Fanatics as a sponsor (we signed up less than a month ago). I must say I am very impressed with the welcome we have received here - it has been very positive and professional. So I can only assume that we are viewed as a welcome addition to the E46Fanatics community and we look forward to continuing to contribute to this board. I am sorry if you do not share your other boardmember's views.

I have noticed numerous other posts you have made in relation to E46 LEDs from Umnitza etc, and you seem to reserve your harshest criticism for us. I can respect it if you are a satisfied customer with another vendor, but I am having a hard time understanding your motivation in trying to derail this thread.

You mention that "they already got our money". I assume that you have already ordered a set of our LEDs and paid for them? We would be happy to refund your money if you wish, please let us know. If you have not purchased a set, then I am even more confused by your dissatisfaction.

If I understand you correctly, your biggest issue with our product is that you are concerned with the power consumption?

Please let us know specifically what you need answered and we will do our best to help you. If there is some other motivation or issue here, you can certainly email us at sales@autowerks.com or better yet, give us a call at 800.221.2262.

jsp98m3 12-07-2005 05:19 PM

There are in fact "load resistors" installed in the lights. But that is not the entire story. Load resistors alone will not solve the issues involved. If that was the case, DEPO taillights would be functional. They aren't.

The fact of the matter is that much of the time, the "load resistors" are not even active in the circuit. Not only that, the electronics required to be compatible with the self test must in fact be an active transmitting signal, acting in a way to sometimes lower or increase the impedance seen by the LCM.

And for reasons of "I know how to do it and nobody else does" that's as far as I'm going with it.

And yes, European units will have warning stickers on them to assert that you are risking your cars electrical system if you put them into US Spec cars. After I review the reasons why, I'll make a recommendation on whether the reverse is true or not.

exmike 12-07-2005 05:24 PM

are the brakes progressive?

jsp98m3 12-07-2005 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exmike
are the brakes progressive?

That is a function of the car and will only work on cars that came with LED taillights as original equipment. So for upgrades, no. For people putting these in, sometime in the future, to replace BMW LED lights (collision repair), yes.

europass 12-07-2005 06:54 PM

Looks like a good product. :thumbup: Please post some pics of them fitted. I hope they are not like the DEPO quality , or lack there of.