E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Polls & Surveys - Please Participate! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What have haters done to your BMW?? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=327451)

Surk 01-13-2006 09:39 AM

What have haters done to your BMW??

Seems regardless where I park, someone will park their SUV\pickup or POS next to you... door dings guaranteed..even if you park 1 mile away from them... Is there some "fascination" of parking next to a BMW or damaging it??

http://www.tuningemotion.com/forum/s...5&page=1&pp=10

Heard of fellow BMW's have their MTech lights cut and stolen, 5th set of valve caps, 5 sets roundels, dents on roof, scrapes, loose wheel nuts, and all have taken care not to park in non lit areas... List your hater list of annoyances..

Tenchi 01-13-2006 09:45 AM

-my roundel scraped off

-door dings galore. at least 3 on each e46 I have had

-ice cream (this one was when I parked next to a 323 too )

-scratches from fatties trying to get out

-bumper clips broken from ppl who can't parallel park

-dent on the nose part of my hood from someone who couldn't parallel park

Surk 01-13-2006 09:53 AM

("Tenchi-scratches from fatties trying to get out")

:lmao: >> They should have "designated" parking...

tstencel 01-13-2006 09:55 AM

You don't want to get me started. I two new dings already in the past 2 months. Pisses me off. I try and always park so that one side of the car is next to the curb so I miniize my risk. I even park far away from cars and just like you said, when I come out some idiot is parked right next to me with a million open spaces. What can you do? I read that post about the fogs. My last car had 3 sets of fog lights stolen. I got a grill to go over them and never had a problem after that. Some people just have no respect for other peoples property. Oh well, I guess that why they Dent Removal companies. Just hate spending $50-100 for some idiot who just doesn't care.

slow323ci 01-13-2006 10:07 AM

Over the course of 6.5 years my car has accumulated 2 nearly invisible door dings, and my roundel valve caps were stolen one time.

Don't think it was "haters". Getting dings is inevitable if you drive your car and the roundel valve caps are nice little curiosities.

Lithium330Ci 01-13-2006 10:10 AM

This is one of the benefits of living in a nice suburb of L.A. An E46 is nothing, and most people have new cars anyways and don't want their cars scratched. I I have had my car for 2 years and (knock on wood) never had a door ding or anything. The first 3 months I had my Ram it got dinged to hell.

ShortRound 01-13-2006 10:51 AM

So far the only problem I have is during Halloween as my car seems to always get egged.

spy963 01-13-2006 10:58 AM

- Front BMW Roundel
- 4 wheel caps
- 4 valve caps :loco:

dasblack 01-13-2006 11:18 AM

Nothing! People complement me actually

Tutankhamon 01-13-2006 11:55 AM

haters just stare in envy :evil:

dankbmw 01-13-2006 12:04 PM

missing part of my paint on my rear passanger side bumper molding and ding underneath it, from huge SUV who i chased down and threw the kid to the ground after he tried to leave...dings about 5 of them...painted moldings on the doors are chipping from people not knowing how to open doors...egged 2x, once while driving with my band, so we turned around and chased these 3 girls who did it (they wound up crashing up on someones front lawn running from us, it was whacked, then a guy in a baseball bat came out, people are screaming, we are ready to fight everyone, turns out we knew one of the girls...and im a lover, go figure) someone tried to steal my CF window sills, tried those are on there for good...other than that, no stealing or intentional damage to my car!!! does the curb i hit and messes up my front bumper count???

bmw_chuzo 01-13-2006 12:06 PM

thrown me an egg :bawling:

03 Dinan 3 01-13-2006 12:15 PM

I had 2 of my valve covers stolen...only one side..i didn't get it, but I was pissed nonetheless since they weren't the stock crappy ones.

Another time, this 60 year old woman was getting out of her car and then i ran over and put my hand in between her door which was travelling at 20mph and my car to prevent the ding. I told her to be more careful...:argue:

rapid 01-13-2006 12:26 PM

i've had my valve covers taken twice

sugar or salt poured all over my hood

i've had my car spit on (usually the windows and i can tell its dried up spit)

i've had coffee poured on my car, ketchup, etc..

pen1s drawings and D1CK written everywhere EVEN THE ROOF...done with fingers...no scratches though thank god.

and a buncha door dings

:thanks:

NorthJersey 3er 01-13-2006 12:29 PM

nice valve covers stolen and door dings.

XBN`grind 01-13-2006 12:30 PM

Last week after having my car for 8 months now I saw a quarter sized dent on the left side next to my hood. It looks like someone just put their elbow straight down on my car. So pissed. :bawling: I know door dings are inevitable but this looks completely on purpose. Just like a couple of the previous comments I also get way more compliments than haters. :)

Tb151 01-13-2006 12:36 PM

hmm, im on my 3rd tunk lip spoiler, GOTTA love that!

goofy10 01-13-2006 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapid
i've had my valve covers taken twice

sugar or salt poured all over my hood

i've had my car spit on (usually the windows and i can tell its dried up spit)

i've had coffee poured on my car, ketchup, etc..

pen1s drawings and D1CK written everywhere EVEN THE ROOF...done with fingers...no scratches though thank god.

and a buncha door dings

:thanks:

Damn that's harsh. All I've experienced are a couple door dings.

Edison@JleviSW 01-13-2006 01:05 PM

BBS valve stems were stolen but other than that nothing *knocks on wood*

Someone hit and run but that really isn't hater related.

m3cabrio 01-13-2006 01:08 PM

:) Nothing ever happened to me .