E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Car Care & Detailing (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   whats the best wax to use ??? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=333432)

vp209 01-31-2006 10:17 PM

whats the best wax to use ???

i just got my car repainted and want to keep it looking new as possible. What type of wax do u guys recommend me to use ???? and how often should i wax my car ???

mikey36m3 01-31-2006 11:30 PM

s100.

Anben G 01-31-2006 11:34 PM

I just bought a few Meguiars products... heard that they good...

Nxt tech car wash
Quik clay
Nxt tech wax
Nxt wax booster

Waiting for this weekend to try them out :thumbup:

Also you can have a look at this...
http://www.meguiars.com/faq/index.cf...ection=_51#_51

Anyone else?

mikey36m3 01-31-2006 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anben G
I just bought a few Meguiars products... heard that they good...

Nxt tech car wash
Quik clay
Nxt tech wax
Nxt wax booster

Waiting for this weekend to try them out :thumbup:

Also you can have a look at this...
http://www.meguiars.com/faq/index.cf...ection=_51#_51

Anyone else?

Nxt is definately a good wax, I can testify to this. Longevity on the otherhand is suspect.

Lil. Lucas 02-01-2006 07:41 AM

You don't want to wax freshly repainted paint, for at least 1 month.

vp209 02-01-2006 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucasZCPM3
You don't want to wax freshly repainted paint, for at least 1 month.

yeah thats what the body shop told me , to wait a month b4 waxing it. how often should i wax my car

kpeng 02-01-2006 09:36 AM

Seeing as how you are in Florida and dealing with the nasty sun all the time, I highly suggest using a higher end synthetic wax and sealant.

www.detailedimage.com

I would get the Klasse All-In-One and Klasse Sealant kit. It'll be worth your money.

-Ken

Greg@DetailedImage.com 02-01-2006 10:19 AM

If the car has recently been painted depending on the drying method most paint places recommend 30 - 90 days before applying a wax/sealant.

When you are ready to wax/seal the paint I would recommend a good sealant like Klasse All In One or the Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket. Both of these are extremely good at leaving a great shine, valuable protection, and very easy application/removal. These products generally require less than 1oz to do one whole coat so they are a good value on a per use basis. Let me know if you want some further recommendations for a multiple step process that will provide even more dramatic results.

Greg @ Detailed Image

trippinbillies4 02-01-2006 10:23 AM

I usually hit my car with a couple coats of Menzerna FMJ (just because it's incredibly easy to put on and take off) and one top coat of P21S carnuaba. This gives me a very deep shine and color, and the protection is amazing, and lasts MUCH longer than the NXT wax I used to purchase from Meguiars.

mikey36m3 02-01-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregs
If the car has recently been painted depending on the drying method most paint places recommend 30 - 90 days before applying a wax/sealant.

When you are ready to wax/seal the paint I would recommend a good sealant like Klasse All In One or the Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket. Both of these are extremely good at leaving a great shine, valuable protection, and very easy application/removal. These products generally require less than 1oz to do one whole coat so they are a good value on a per use basis. Let me know if you want some further recommendations for a multiple step process that will provide even more dramatic results.

Greg @ Detailed Image

My car is being repainted aswell and the shop said that I will be able to seal/wax it the day I bring it home. They will spray it in a Down Draft
Booth with baking oven @ 160 degrees.

Greg@DetailedImage.com 02-01-2006 03:40 PM

Baking the paint is the only way to ensure that it dries properly so it can be sealed/waxed right after. Most paint shops don't use this process but for the ones that do its a nice benefit. I always recommend talking with the company/person who paints the vehicle before sealing or waxing just to get their insight as well.

Greg @ Detailed Image

Anben G 02-02-2006 03:17 AM

Ok... so I couldn't wait for this weekend to try out the Meguiars stuff... Came out quite nicely... the clay is a bit doggy though... i dont think i know how to use it properly.

Greg,
Can you explain how to go about claying the car?

Also,
1. Must the surface be completley wet?
2. How hard do you you need to rub/press down the clay?
3. What if a grain of sand, dust, etc. on the car's body gets stuck in the clay and you dont notice it and it scratches the paint because you pressing hard on the clay? (<- the doggy part)

Anyway, the Meguiars products worked quite well and im happy with the end result...

Here's a pic I took with my phone's camera... a few more in the gallery (see sig)

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/5...22006_009_.jpg

bernstem 02-02-2006 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregs

Greg @ Detailed Image

Good advice. I have used Klasse AIO plus SG, Menzerna FMJ and Zaino. They are all excellent products, although technically they are synthetic sealants, not waxes.

My current personal system is to use Menzerna FMJ and top it with Pinnacle Souveran (a Carnuba wax) for added depth.

Greg@DetailedImage.com 02-02-2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anben G
Ok... so I couldn't wait for this weekend to try out the Meguiars stuff... Came out quite nicely... the clay is a bit doggy though... i dont think i know how to use it properly.

Greg,
Can you explain how to go about claying the car?

Also,
1. Must the surface be completley wet?
2. How hard do you you need to rub/press down the clay?
3. What if a grain of sand, dust, etc. on the car's body gets stuck in the clay and you dont notice it and it scratches the paint because you pressing hard on the clay? (<- the doggy part)

Anyway, the Meguiars products worked quite well and im happy with the end result...

Here's a pic I took with my phone's camera... a few more in the gallery (see sig)

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/5...22006_009_.jpg

Pics look good, now to get to your question. Clay Bar is relatively easy to use, here's a quick overview of what I recommend you do:
-Wash and Dry Car First
-Spray an area 2ft x 2ft with clay lube or quick detailer
-Mold the clay into a flat shape and glide it back and forth (light pressure) over the sprayed area (the clay should glide nice and easy, if not spray more lube)
-After an area has been done wipe it with a clean microfiber
- Remold the clay into another flat piece and spray another section down to be clayed

If there is some big piece of contamination in the clay you can throw it away or attempt to pick it out. The clay bar I sell is a large 200g so I usually cut it into five pieces before I start to get five fresh pieces, so if something gets lodged in the clay or if I drop it I can trash it. If there is microcontaminates in the clay the lube should prevent it from harming the surface. I spray the clay down with some lube when storing it to keep it malleable.

Greg @ Detailed Image

MaulMaul 02-02-2006 05:03 PM

I use Zaino. It works great and holds up well. The Klasse also works well but for whatever reason I get better results from Zaino. Be warned, neither of these products come cheap but neither did our cars. I have used Zaino since the first month I purchased my new car. I followed the very clear instructions and have been happy ever since. Good Luck.

ThatOneGuy 02-06-2006 03:25 PM

I'm a huge fan of Zymol products. My friend uses Zaino on his Cayman S and it looks great but the kit was over a $120.