E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Complete Cars (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Feeler: M3 FS, what's worth? Thinking of buying (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=334838)

Marknoir 02-05-2006 05:59 PM

Feeler: M3 FS, what's worth? Thinking of buying

Hello guys. I'm currently looking for an M3 and this one is near my house. It's a 2002 M3 in NJ, 21000 miles, MT, original owner, all books/records from same dealer. Steel gray exterior, black leather/CLOTH interior, NO SUNROOF. The only option is power seats, driver's has power lumbar and width. Wheels are 18", zero curb rush. Body is very clean with exception of pretty nasty scratch smack in the middle of rear bumper, vertically from top to almost bottom (garage door fell and cought it with it's handle). Car runs very well, crisp shifts, nice tight ride. Owner wants $30K firm. My concern is that it's really a naked car, and in current market - what is it worth? I think it may be very difficult to sell later as well? :lmao:

ejc2008 02-05-2006 06:42 PM

that's a pretty nice ride but why are there no options? ... granted the m3 market is quickly dropping - see if you can get like 1-2 grand off that price

redbimmer 02-05-2006 07:08 PM

Yeah I saw that car on ebay......Its a wonderful price for the car although it doesnt have a lot of options....If it was local it would be mines at even 32K it still a good but at 30K its a steal (If everything checks).....BTW just for comparison Im getting ready to buy an 02 with 48K miles Smg and all optins except navi for 30K wht/blk so i think what your getting even though no options its still hell of a deal:thumbup:

ejc2008 02-05-2006 07:17 PM

redbimmer ... with the exception of the black interior that is my dream car .... where'd u find such a nice deal

Marknoir 02-05-2006 07:57 PM

M3

Hey Red bim! Glad to see you finally found something! But how can you compare a totally stripped version at $30K to your future loaded one for $30K? You may have a bit more miles, but it's loaded! To ejc - he doesn't want to come down even a penny from $30K, he says the dealer is giving him $30K. As to mileage, it's untraceable - carfax shows only a couple of services but no mileage checks. He claims the car was sitting mostly in his garage. He didn't get any options for two reasons: 1) less stuff to break (agreed) and 2) car is lighter (also true, the even lighter version being manual seats - total race spec). Navigation I don't care about, but at least sunroof! Cloth seats are OK too - my butt would sweat less in summer. What to do, what to do! The only other cars I've seen that were tempting were both '03, pretty loaded, with 37000 miles, both nav, one SMG but paint is shabby ($34K, local) and one MT nearly perfect, 19" wheels but $35 (plus delivery from FL). Both would stretch my budget to the limit. There was a nice white 2002 SMG with grey int. and 26000 miles (repainted) on e-bay last week for $29.9K - sold within hrs. Search continues. I'm afraid prices will start climbing as the weather warms up.

redbimmer 02-05-2006 08:08 PM

Mark that 02 white one on ebay that was 29.9 was a car that i drove 4 hours to buy a month ago only to find out that the rear bumper and driver side door was repainted and not a professional job either. The only reason i say its a good deal is because of the LOW MILES....Yes it doesnt have too many oprions but that car with options would go around 34-35 with the low miles that it has...It just matters on how stuck you are on the options or lack thereof

As you know Ive been searching for 5 months now and Im starting to see a big decline in prices as desperation is setting in on a lot individuals...The white M3 that im looking at was originally priced at 34.9 then 32.9 and after a couple of days of negotiating I got him to agree on 30K...Its also a one owner car so that makes me feel a lil more strong towards the car

redbimmer 02-05-2006 08:14 PM

As far as the seats those exact seats are on the white one that im getting ready to purchase their pretty pimp:drool:

However if you have any and I mean any doubts at all dont buy it, be patient, I also dont understand the fact that he say "dealer is offering him 30K" why is he willing to sell it at 30K? wouldnt you want to get another 2-3K out of your car? just some food for thought....I feel your pain though man hang in there and AUTOTRADER AWAY!:rolleyes:

rocks 02-05-2006 08:24 PM

If and when I buy an M3 the only option I want is xenons, everything else is useless to me.

Marknoir 02-05-2006 09:15 PM

options

Hey Red Bim

Thanks, nowI don't feel bad about missing that white one.

Owner of naked car actually just moved to NJ from MD a few months back and decided to dump his M3 with a baby on a way. He said if he didn't get $30K here, he'd drive it back to MD where he has to go anyway to get stuff. Car feels fine. But, in all truthfulness, the engine on '03 black SMG here in Long Island felt absolutely like new. That's the car that was offered here and on e-bay for $34,9K just recently.

Why do you think prices are dropping so fast, and why all the desperation?

I actually am looking at some 2004 ZHPs also, for about $29K - $30K, mighty nice cars.

Mntal 02-05-2006 09:31 PM

So is this vast drop in M3 price going to continue until the new 3 series coupe comes out, and then it will be relegated to "old model" destination, meaning much of the people who were in the market for it are not anymore because all their neighbors would all of a sudden see a not current model car in the driveway and presume this dude bought a used car.

Maybe if you want the biggest deal, wait until the new M3 comes out, and the E46's price will really tank.

Marknoir 02-06-2006 08:33 AM

M3

To Mntal - I'd love to wait but do need a car! New M3 may not be out until 2007. It's not only M3 or BMWs that are affected - the whole luxury car market, and auto in general. I visited yesterday local pontiac dealer to look at Solstice (btw awsome looks/handlig, crap motor) - showroom was EMPTY.

MHSCHIEFS806 02-06-2006 09:05 AM

wow if the dealer will give him 30k then he wo'nt get a deal on the car he is getting. that is why he is selling it at 30k firm

ProV1 02-06-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHSCHIEFS806
wow if the dealer will give him 30k then he wo'nt get a deal on the car he is getting. that is why he is selling it at 30k firm

sorry but there's no way a dealer would pay $30k for that car

redbimmer 02-06-2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marknoir
Hey Red Bim

Thanks, nowI don't feel bad about missing that white one.

Owner of naked car actually just moved to NJ from MD a few months back and decided to dump his M3 with a baby on a way. He said if he didn't get $30K here, he'd drive it back to MD where he has to go anyway to get stuff. Car feels fine. But, in all truthfulness, the engine on '03 black SMG here in Long Island felt absolutely like new. That's the car that was offered here and on e-bay for $34,9K just recently.

Why do you think prices are dropping so fast, and why all the desperation?

I actually am looking at some 2004 ZHPs also, for about $29K - $30K, mighty nice cars.

That 03 on ong island i would have jumped on if it was local to me. it had every option including Navi with free maintenance and warranty so if that is available to you thats the one Id jump on. give me the specs your looking for and ill keep in touch with you if i see someting

Marknoir 02-07-2006 07:50 AM

Naked M3

He took it off e-bay as there were no bids. Oh well.