E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Car Care & Detailing (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Best way to remove a little bit of paint rub off??? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=341754)

watdafuq327 02-27-2006 12:12 AM

Best way to remove a little bit of paint rub off???

so we have a really tight squeeze in our driveway and my roommate brushed against my car, around the rear passenger wheel well, he barely touched the car (not enough to make any kind of indentation in the body) but enough to leave a little bit of his paint on my car-he has a silver car, i have sienna red....whats the best product to use to try and remove as much of the other cars paint? help!!!!

Greg@DetailedImage.com 02-27-2006 11:43 AM

No worries this problem can be fixed with ease. Paint transfer is usually one of the easier blemishes to fix on paint. I would recommend you get the Poorboy's World Super Swirl Remover (SSR) 2.5 followed by the SSR 1.0. The SSR 2.5 is a medium abrasive polish that will easily remove the paint with light to medium pressure. I typically apply this with a Porter Cable buffer but you will be fine doing it by hand with a microfiber applicator (highly recommend one product per pad). Then use the SSR 1.0 to make sure all surface gloss has been restored and there is no marks left behind. This should leave the paint looking like nothing ever happened. Maybe if you still like your roomate you can let him use it on the part of his car that hit yours. These two products can be used on your entire vehicle if needed to help reduce swirls and fine scratches. Let me know if you have questions or if there any other detailing questions you might need help with.

Greg @ Detailed Image

artikxscout 03-01-2006 12:26 AM

Hey Greg, would you still have to use a something to shine it back up again or will the SSR 1.0 finish the job off? What happens if you use the klasse AIO after the SSR 1.0? would it be useless?

Detailed Image 03-01-2006 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artikxscout
Hey Greg, would you still have to use a something to shine it back up again or will the SSR 1.0 finish the job off? What happens if you use the klasse AIO after the SSR 1.0? would it be useless?

arikxscout,

The SSR 1 is a perfect companion for the SSR 2.5. As the 2.5 is doing its job removing scratches, swirls, paint, it can leave a slight haze when you are done. What the SSR 1 will do is clean up that haze and bring back your paint to a brilliant shine. Since the AIO doesn't have any abrasives, it will not be as effective as the fine polish of SSR 1. After the SSR 1 if you want to put a coat of chemical polish and acrylic sealant, then you can do the AIO afterwards and you now have a great coat of protection. If you want to take it 1 step further, additional layers of High Gloss Sealant Glaze can be applied and/or you can top it off with a Carnauba Wax for additional depth and gloss in your paint.

Sincerely,

George @ DI

450RRR 03-15-2006 09:28 PM

how do you rate, umm...i think it's DuPont 7, i forget really, something like that but i had a little fender mark that had quite a bit of subaru green paint on my TiSilver car and it was amazing, its in a small but wide cylinder...

OCDGarage 03-15-2006 11:33 PM

Products like Dupont, Turtle Wax, Mothers etc. will all remove scuffs or blemishes. They will do this because they all contain abrasives and solvents. What makes products like Menzerna and Poorboy's different are the quality and uniformity of their ingredients. The finished product is more reliable and much smoother which results in greater shine. Maybe DI would like to chime in on this one also.

Brett @ OCD

Tooj 03-18-2006 12:00 AM

I can testify that the PB combo will remove the paint rub off because a few days earlier I had the same happen to me. At first I was extremely angry but upon closer inspection I realized that I had bought the PC for a reason. I pulled it out and it took care of the problem with ease. Good luck!