E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Home Improvement (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Completed Media Room (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=343874)

JimboM3 03-05-2006 01:32 PM

Completed Media Room

4 Attachment(s)
This is one of my customers Media room I just completed (95%)

Specs:

(Sharp)- 45" LCD
(Onkyo)- TX-NR1000 (7.1-Ultra 2 THX)
(Pioneer)- 301 Disc DVD Changer
(Mordaunt Short)- In-wall Front speakers
(Russound)- 6.5" In-Ceiling LCR Surround/Effects Speakers
(Middle Atlantic)- 12 Shelves recess In-wall AV Cabinet Rackmounts
(Universal Remote)- MX-3000 / MRF-300
(Xbox Live)
(PS2)
(DVDO HD Scaler+)
(Panamax HT Surge/Conditioner)
(EarthQuake 10)- 10" down firing w/ crossover

:argue:

James330I 03-05-2006 05:24 PM

hey how do you like the mordaunt short speakers? Can you compare to other high end brands?

I looked at their floorstanders and the price is good but no one really carries them. Though I have complete faith in british-designed speakers, i'd still like to listen for myself

baller99 03-05-2006 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James330I
hey how do you like the mordaunt short speakers? Can you compare to other high end brands?

I looked at their floorstanders and the price is good but no one really carries them. Though I have complete faith in british-designed speakers, i'd still like to listen for myself

:werd: Kef and B&W> * to my ears.

JimboM3 03-05-2006 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James330I

For the price is pretty good comparing to Polk/Infinity/JBL for in wall sound w/adjustable tweeters. Again when dealing with Acoustical, placements/angle/room size/furnitures will all has a big role in how any speakers will sound. Of course proper calibrations of your AV Receivers too is a prority.

blownE30M3 03-05-2006 10:56 PM

lol, bet it was fun hangin that tv. I hated in wall installs.

sycE46 03-06-2006 02:00 AM

wow.. looks good. what kind of tv is that?

JimboM3 03-06-2006 08:41 AM

Its The Sharp 45" LCD. Excellent for HD viewing, Gaming and Computers worky stuff

JimboM3 03-06-2006 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycE46
wow.. looks good. what kind of tv is that?

Thnx man......:clap:

soheilm3 03-06-2006 10:38 AM

in wall stuff just looks so trippy for me to see, its damn cool. congrats
--soheil

baller99 03-06-2006 02:35 PM

I can't stand in or on wall stuff. Unless you are projecting an image using front projection, the screen is always in stark contrast to the size of the wall itself, and makes the experience unpleasant.

JimboM3 03-06-2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baller99
I can't stand in or on wall stuff. Unless you are projecting an image using front projection, the screen is always in stark contrast to the size of the wall itself, and makes the experience unpleasant.

that can be done also...............:thumbup:

blownE30M3 03-06-2006 03:01 PM

Who designed that room? You've got a couple things wrong.

JimboM3 03-06-2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownE30M3
Who designed that room? You've got a couple things wrong.

Oh yes sir.......plz let me hear your complaint.........any constructive critizms would be nice. thnx:thumbup:

blownE30M3 03-06-2006 03:40 PM

For one, never put a rack in direct view of the monitor. The lights of the rack no matter how masked (I see you have a mesh door on the rack) will still be apparent and distract the eye. Two, did you centerline the room? It doesnt look like the tv is center with that wall vent. Maybe its just me being picky, but whenever I lined a room, I would either a) move that vent over center to the tv if it were off center, b) center the tv on the vent.

Also, is that left channel speaker straight? Looks crooked in the picture.

Three, do not place speakers on the bottom edge of the display, always center to the vertical axis of the tv.

JimboM3 03-06-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

For one, never put a rack in direct view of the monitor. The lights of the rack no matter how masked (I see you have a mesh door on the rack) will still be apparent and distract the eye. Two, did you centerline the room? It doesnt look like the tv is center with that wall vent. Maybe its just me being picky, but whenever I lined a room, I would either a) move that vent over center to the tv if it were off center, b) center the tv on the vent.

Also, is that left channel speaker straight? Looks crooked in the picture.

Three, do not place speakers on the bottom edge of the display, always center to the vertical axis of the tv.

thnx for the critizms:

1) The Rack is 5 ft from the LCD and recessed into the other bedroom closet.
a. The cabinet is from Middle Atlantic and it was special designs for AV and the door is not meshed, its charcoal smoke plexi w/anti-glare coat

2) Believe me, the Speakers/LCD are right on dot level- had laser line leveler/traditional leveler and on top of that this customer is a "walking human leveler"

3) I agree with you with the placement of speakers being center of TV axis, but this is how this customer perfer with this setup and I won't agrue with a paying customers and acoustically a few inches up would not make a difference.

Again, once the room is setup, i will follow up with some more pixs......

blownE30M3 03-06-2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimboM3
thnx for the critizms:

1) The Rack is 5 ft from the LCD and recessed into the other bedroom closet.
a. The cabinet is from Middle Atlantic and it was special designs for AV and the door is not meshed, its charcoal smoke plexi w/anti-glare coat

2) Believe me, the Speakers/LCD are right on dot level- had laser line leveler/traditional leveler and on top of that this customer is a "walking human leveler"

3) I agree with you with the placement of speakers being center of TV axis, but this is how this customer perfer with this setup and I won't agrue with a paying customers and acoustically a few inches up would not make a difference.

Again, once the room is setup, i will follow up with some more pixs......

Which company you work for. 9 times out of 10 we're thier programmers.

JimboM3 03-06-2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

Which company you work for. 9 times out of 10 we're thier programmers.

Im :P self employed.........

Sponger 03-06-2006 07:19 PM

That system looks sick. How much did that cost to do bro.