E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Car Care & Detailing (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   HELP!! wheels cleaning! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=346667)

STi 03-13-2006 03:00 PM

HELP!! wheels cleaning!

hi guy,i bought WORK REZARII, i got some dry rain mark and left on the chrome lip, those marks cant be clean by using normal wheel polish stuff,:bawling: i dont wanna go for rim polishing coz its colour will look different with chrome after polishing, what can i do??serious suggestion plz!!:)

OCDGarage 03-13-2006 03:28 PM

Does it look like mineral deposits from hard water? A picture would really help. There are several chemical based (non acid) cleaners that wont affect the look of the surface. If you post a picture I could possibly be more help.

STi 03-14-2006 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCDGarage
Does it look like mineral deposits from hard water? A picture would really help. There are several chemical based (non acid) cleaners that wont affect the look of the surface. If you post a picture I could possibly be more help.

thanks man! i will try to take close pic of it at day time, hope it will help!

STi 03-14-2006 03:57 AM

pic..

2 Attachment(s)
i just took some pic to see if it enough clear, if not, i can take some at daytime...

Detailed Image 03-14-2006 08:34 AM

Brake dust and other contamination can be very difficult to remove due to the high temperatures that your brakes product, it helps bond the contamination to the surface.

As far as a wheel cleaner I would suggest P21s Gel Based Wheel Cleaner. Its gel base allows the product to cling onto the verticle surfaces of your wheel (spokes, etc). You can let it soak for up to two hours on the wheel. If that is not strong enough for the stains then we typically recommend the P21S Finish Restorer for wheels that need a deep cleaning. This metal polish works into the wheels surface to safely release embedded brake dust, road grime and more. The Finish Restorer is best applied with a two sided microfiber polishing towel that really helps the polish work its best.

To help prevent this from happening again and to keep the wheels looking great I recommend applying a coat of wheel protection like the Wheel Wax or Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant. These are designed to resist high temperature brake dust and other road grime. It keeps the wheel looking better, longer and reduces the time you spend cleaning the wheels. Let me know if you have any questions.

George @ DI

derek80 03-14-2006 08:39 AM

George, what about Mothers Billet polish?

derek80 03-14-2006 08:39 AM

edit : double post.

OCDGarage 03-14-2006 08:58 AM

Ok, it appears to be mineral deposits. Nothing more than calcium and other minerals found in water. Once the water evaporates the minerals are left behind leaving their unsightly stains. If you have any glazes around like 3M hand glaze I would try this in a small spot. Any automotive glaze would probably work. If you don't want to go with the glaze you can also try the vinegar wash. Mix about 1 part vinegar 3 parts water and try in a small spot. Work the solution in with a soft microfiber and rinse. You can go as strong as 1:1 vinegar:water, but start light and always spot check. Once you remove the spots I would sugest you put a good wheel sealant on your rim like Wheelwax or RimWax. This will make subsequent cleaning much easier. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Brett @ OCD

Detailed Image 03-14-2006 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melo Breeze

Its a good metal polish, but I don't think it does as good of a job as the P21s when it comes to very oxidized wheels. As far as picking up something "off the shelf" it is a great product. Give that a shot if you don't want to wait for shipping on P21s or Wenol.

George @ DI

derek80 03-14-2006 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
Its a good metal polish, but I don't think it does as good of a job as the P21s when it comes to very oxidized wheels. As far as picking up something "off the shelf" it is a great product. Give that a shot if you don't want to wait for shipping on P21s or Wenol.

George @ DI

Oh, I have both products. :)

STi 03-14-2006 02:03 PM

thanks so much for help, i will try to use vinegar with water 1st, to see it if could make any effect...:P

STi 03-14-2006 02:04 PM

Quote:

Ok, it appears to be mineral deposits. Nothing more than calcium and other minerals found in water. Once the water evaporates the minerals are left behind leaving their unsightly stains. If you have any glazes around like 3M hand glaze I would try this in a small spot. Any automotive glaze would probably work. If you don't want to go with the glaze you can also try the vinegar wash. Mix about 1 part vinegar 3 parts water and try in a small spot. Work the solution in with a soft microfiber and rinse. You can go as strong as 1:1 vinegar:water, but start light and always spot check. Once you remove the spots I would sugest you put a good wheel sealant on your rim like Wheelwax or RimWax. This will make subsequent cleaning much easier. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Brett @ OCD

what kind of vinegar should i use??i found while vinegar and other kinds..

STi 03-14-2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melo Breeze

i tried Mothers Billet polish, it does make any effect...:bawling:

STi 03-14-2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

Brake dust and other contamination can be very difficult to remove due to the high temperatures that your brakes product, it helps bond the contamination to the surface.

As far as a wheel cleaner I would suggest P21s Gel Based Wheel Cleaner. Its gel base allows the product to cling onto the verticle surfaces of your wheel (spokes, etc). You can let it soak for up to two hours on the wheel. If that is not strong enough for the stains then we typically recommend the P21S Finish Restorer for wheels that need a deep cleaning. This metal polish works into the wheels surface to safely release embedded brake dust, road grime and more. The Finish Restorer is best applied with a two sided microfiber polishing towel that really helps the polish work its best.

To help prevent this from happening again and to keep the wheels looking great I recommend applying a coat of wheel protection like the Wheel Wax or Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant. These are designed to resist high temperature brake dust and other road grime. It keeps the wheel looking better, longer and reduces the time you spend cleaning the wheels. Let me know if you have any questions.

George @ DI

where i can get those P21S stuffs???

OCDGarage 03-14-2006 03:38 PM

P21S and Vinegar

I carry both both P21S Polishing Soap and Finish Restorer. To answer your question on the vinegar, it just plain white distilled vinegar. Good Luck!

Brett @ OCD

Detailed Image 03-14-2006 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STi
where i can get those P21S stuffs???

www.detailedimage.com - or just click on the links in my post. All of the products we're linked directly to our shopping cart. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about anything!

Sincerely,

George @ DI

MPossible 03-14-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

George @ DI

Hey George,
This is recommended for aftermarket rims also? Brushed aluminum + clearcoat and polish lip??

Thanks.

derek80 03-14-2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPossible
Hey George,
This is recommended for aftermarket rims also? Brushed aluminum + clearcoat and polish lip??

Thanks.

For most aftermarket rims, mild soap + water is the only recommended method for cleaning rims.
Do you have DPE rims? If so, email Jojo just to make sure :thumbup:

STi 03-14-2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

I carry both both P21S Polishing Soap and Finish Restorer. To answer your question on the vinegar, it just plain white distilled vinegar. Good Luck!

Brett @ OCD

i did rub the lip with white vinegar, unfortunetaly the stain stilll remaining....
i went some wheel shop and try to fix, but they said its chromeplated, so hard to clear off or impossible to fix coz the stain seem inside the clear coat..
OMG, i just bought it for ONLY 1 month.......:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

OCDGarage 03-14-2006 06:23 PM

Try the P21S Finish Restorer or Simichrome metal polish. If you don't want to wait for shipping a lot of Harley Motorcycle shops carry this chrome polish. It can work wonders. Let me know how it turns out.