E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Car Care & Detailing (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Best cleaners for interior trim? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=350768)

snitzl3 03-26-2006 03:21 PM

Best cleaners for interior trim?

I have wood grain interior and i noticed that it is very dusty and has some kind of dusty spots that need more than just a wipe with a towel to get them off..my question is what is yalls opinion on the best cleaner to use to make these peices look clean and spot/streak free?

thesethoughtsru 03-26-2006 03:25 PM

yeah, i'd like to know too! stupid matt chrome, as amazing as it is, turns into black fingerprints within like 2 days.

Gir 03-26-2006 03:39 PM

Lexol's Vinylex. Plus it has UV protection.

2000_328CI 03-26-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gir
Lexol's Vinylex. Plus it has UV protection.

oh nice... is this available at advanced auto parts?

Gir 03-26-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_328CI
oh nice... is this available at advanced auto parts?

Dunno, I've found it ace hardware though.

BLK328Ci 03-26-2006 04:35 PM

I use the Lexol Vinylex......works good...but doesnt put that "shiny, glossy finish" it shines but not like crazy... But I highly recommended

///MLM 03-26-2006 04:44 PM

ModBargains has something for trim. Heard it works well..

01BMW3Coupe 03-26-2006 05:44 PM

griot's interior cleaner....its great for leather, carpeting, headliners, etc. i even use it on my shoes:thumbup:

Edison@JleviSW 03-26-2006 06:10 PM

I just use water, maybe some pledge furniture cleaner. I wax my interior trim to keep it glossy.

OCDGarage 03-26-2006 07:51 PM

Wood Trim Clear Coated?

Guess what the shiny coating on your wood grain is? Yup, Clear coat. Similar to the Clear found on your exterior. Vinylex is a fantastic product for dash & door plastics and it will not harm your wood grain but if you really want your wood grain to stand out do what I do.

Wipe all interior trim down with a QD spray and then mask off all the surrounding plastic and leather with blue tape. Treat the trim just like you paint. If it is scratched and oxidized start with something like Menzerna Intensive Polish. Work the product in by hand using a microfiber applicator in a liner motion. Buff off residue with a microfiber and repeat with Final Finish. Top it all of with FMJ of Klasse and all I will say is "WOW". You won't believe the difference. The best part is that the scratches are gone or minimized and there is a great layer of protection on there now. For the next year a QD spray and microfiber is all you need to keep on top of it.

Hope this helps.

If you have more questions about this procedure or other don't hesitate to contact me.

Brett @ OCD

kpg111 03-27-2006 02:38 PM

Interior Trim

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCDGarage
Guess what the shiny coating on your wood grain is? Yup, Clear coat. Similar to the Clear found on your exterior. Vinylex is a fantastic product for dash & door plastics and it will not harm your wood grain but if you really want your wood grain to stand out do what I do.

Wipe all interior trim down with a QD spray and then mask off all the surrounding plastic and leather with blue tape. Treat the trim just like you paint. If it is scratched and oxidized start with something like Menzerna Intensive Polish. Work the product in by hand using a microfiber applicator in a liner motion. Buff off residue with a microfiber and repeat with Final Finish. Top it all of with FMJ of Klasse and all I will say is "WOW". You won't believe the difference. The best part is that the scratches are gone or minimized and there is a great layer of protection on there now. For the next year a QD spray and microfiber is all you need to keep on top of it.

Hope this helps.

If you have more questions about this procedure or other don't hesitate to contact me.

Brett @ OCD

Let me try this on my interior trim. Thanks.:thumbup: