E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Car Care & Detailing (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Leather Trim Cleaner (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=350846)

flagman5 03-26-2006 08:05 PM

Leather Trim Cleaner

hi

i tried searching this forum (altho not too hard :P ) but i didnt really see a thread covering specifically the leather trim that exist on the back side of the 2 front seats ( i have coupe) i am talking about the leather trim that is very hard, not soft, kind of like the dash board trims. currently i always wipe down my interior with meguiars leather cleaner wipes every few weeks, but when i put the cleaner wipes on the back side of the seats, it doesnt really seem to clean it cuz it leaves no shine and the cleaning agent doesnt seem to even get on the trim, should i switch to some other product or just use water on this?

i had 4 guys in the back seat and uh....lots of scuff marks on the bottom parts of the front seats...

thanks

Detailed Image 03-26-2006 08:42 PM

One of the best leather products on the market right now is Leatherique Prestine Clean. It will clean and condition in one step. It does have a slightly unique application process so I will list it below:

- Wipe down the surface to remove any loose contamination.
- Apply Leatherique Prestine Clean to the surface
- Allow the LPC to penetrate the surface, let sit for 10-30 minutes
- Taking a warm damp cloth, remove the LPC
- Taking a dry towel, buff off any water and remaining product on the surface.
- Enjoy your revived seats!

If the Prestine Clean does not do the trick for you they do have a product for faded, hardened, discolored leather, the Rejuvenator Oil which is more of a deep cleansing and restoration.

I think you'll be fine with just the one step though.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Also, if its just stains, 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover should also do the trick but it will not condition the leather like the Leatherique.

Sincerely,

George @ DI

OCDGarage 03-26-2006 09:29 PM

I know this problem very well. I have the same problem on the back of my M3 seats. The material is actually vinyl that is impregnated to look like leather. An APC cleaner and a medium bristle brush is all you need. My personal choice is P21S Total Auto wash diluted 1:3. Let the seats sit in the warm sun for a bit to get them warm (not hot). This allows the pores to open and the increased temperature improves the chemicals cleaning effectiveness. Spray on a liberal coating, work it in with a medium bristle brush wipe off with a cotton towel and your are done. Apply a water based dressing like OneGrand, vinylex or 303 to brig back the luster and help reduce the amount of dirt the vinyl will collect.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Brett @ OCD