E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Car Care & Detailing (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Best Vacuum for E46? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=352189)

T99Blk328i 03-30-2006 01:42 PM

Best Vacuum for E46?

which is the best? Most vacuum's arent able to fit into close areas of seats.

please share

manydubs 03-30-2006 02:04 PM

Be careful around those front seats, you can set off a Airbag light easy.

I did.

REsuperG 03-30-2006 02:21 PM

I use my Shop-Vac. I bought the attachment tools, and I am able to reach everywhere in the car. It has this really long, thin hose looking thing that I use to get between the seats.

rmepilot 03-30-2006 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REsuperG
I use my Shop-Vac. I bought the attachment tools, and I am able to reach everywhere in the car. It has this really long, thin hose looking thing that I use to get between the seats.

:idea: Thanks!

Clem 03-30-2006 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I actually have a 3M vac that printer/photocopier techs use for toner. MoFuh-er is powerful as hell. It's about the size of a small tool box

gabek 03-30-2006 03:14 PM

I think griots has a good small vac with all the small attachments designed specifically for a car, it is probably really expensive; I remember seeing it in their catalog a while ago.

Unveiled 03-30-2006 03:16 PM

I use either a Craftsman Wet/Dry shop vac, or the wet/dry shop vac at the local car wash.

Greg@DetailedImage.com 03-30-2006 03:52 PM

I highly recommend the Metro Vac n' Blow for a variety of reasons. It's lightweight, powerful, lots of good attatchments designed for tiny corners and tight spaces, easy empty process, long cord, flexible hose, blowing function and more. This vacuum is perfect for anyone looking to take their detailing to the next level. Please let me know if there are any other questions you might have for me about this topic or any detailing questions.

https://secure.detailedimage.com/images/3in/MV01.jpg

Greg @ Detailed

OCDGarage 03-30-2006 04:25 PM

The Griots vacuum is actually a private labeled Metro Vac n' Blow with a higher price tag.

Brett @ OCD

ZimZimma328Ci 03-30-2006 04:35 PM

Kirby! With the attachments you are able to reach really hard to access places...sides of the seats, engine bay dirt,etc

Paul Kile 03-30-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCDGarage
The Griots vacuum is actually a private labeled Metro Vac n' Blow with a higher price tag.

Brett @ OCD

This isn't the first time that I have seen a product that Griot's has relabeled and jacked up the price. My Dad found one of his "Cadillac of creepers" at Pep Boys for about half the price (but minus the Griot's logo). Maybe we should start a list of root suppliers so we can avoid the mark-up.

By the way, I also tried to research some of Griot's car care formulations by requesting a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for the product - no luck. He claims a certain amount of "Trade Secret" information on the MSDS, which makes it impossible to trace the source and the exact chemical formulation.

I like a lot of Griot's stuff, and I admit I buy from him, but I sure wish he priced his stuff for true gearheads and not for poseurs with more money than brains.
Cheers,
Paul Kile

myogr81 03-30-2006 06:36 PM

MSDS are not propriatery. He is supposed to provide them on request. Complain to your local workplace safety or workmen compensation office that you will be hiring help to do some work and your supplier is refusing to provide MSDS for the products.

gabek 03-30-2006 06:37 PM

If griots offered fair prices then the rich guys wouldnt buy from him, if it costs more it must be better right?

Paul Kile 03-31-2006 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myogr81
MSDS are not propriatery. He is supposed to provide them on request. Complain to your local workplace safety or workmen compensation office that you will be hiring help to do some work and your supplier is refusing to provide MSDS for the products.

myogr81 - It's not that Griots didn't provide an MSDS to me, it's just that when I got it, it wasn't much help. There is a "Trade Secret" clause that allows a chemical manufacturer to withhold certain info about their formulation. They also can reference the hazardous materials in a general way that identifies the hazards, but prevents you from identifying the specific component of the mixture, IE., "Petroleum Distillates".

I always like to compare Griot's prices to similar items in the Eastwood catalog - now there's a company for gearheads, although they seem to be getting a bit ricey lately. Nine different colors for your brake calipers, give me a break!

Cheers,
Paul Kile

TravsM3 03-31-2006 07:08 PM

I use the "Shark" it was like $40 at Sears and works really well. Powerful as I need.