E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Home Improvement (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Mach330's Home Theatre (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=353612)

mach330 04-04-2006 01:35 AM

Mach330's Home Theatre
 
so i finally got the house and setup my ht system. it's my favorite part of the house. I know I need to clean up the wires...some specs:

TV: Sammy DLP 50"
Receiver: Rotel RSX-1056
Center: B&W LCR600
Fronts: B&W 603's S3
Surrounds: B&W 601's S3
Sub: SVS PB12-ISD (this thing is a monster)

Total Cost: $4100 (without the TV)

Thanks for all the advice on this forum...you guys are awesome!!!

Center Speaker and Beautiful Rotel...
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/364...rrotels2gq.jpg

Front View...
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3707/fronts1s6lv.jpg

Take a look at that SUB!!!
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5...tfronts6sd.jpg

Left Surround...
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/563...rrounds5eg.jpg

Right Surround...
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2...rrounds2ty.jpg

Stairs View...
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6...sview2s3ni.jpg

Back View...
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4...roundss9bj.jpg

mach330 04-04-2006 10:32 AM

dayam i just realized i can't take even shots...LOL

Simon2150 04-04-2006 10:58 AM

that looks really good and i bet that sub rocks the walls!! (i need to upgrade my stuff after looking at that sub)

Simon2150 04-04-2006 10:58 AM

btw, good job on bundling the cords, i hate messy cords

mach330 04-04-2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon2150
btw, good job on bundling the cords, i hate messy cords

thanks...i cleaned it up as much as i could. the speaker wires are just way to big to clean up. i wish i also had hdmi so it would be cleaner. i'm using component and spdif (coax) for audio for now.

M_Thrizzle 04-04-2006 05:25 PM

Looks good! and it must sound good too! Have you played any of the heavy bass tracks that are listed on the SVS website? Man I'm itching to get an SVS but it may drive my neighbor crazy (i'm in a townhouse)

djsway 04-04-2006 06:21 PM

Nice cozy place you got there. Where is it and how much did you buy it for? If you don't mind me asking...

mach330 04-04-2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Thrizzle
Looks good! and it must sound good too! Have you played any of the heavy bass tracks that are listed on the SVS website? Man I'm itching to get an SVS but it may drive my neighbor crazy (i'm in a townhouse)

no i haven't. i didn't even know they have some heavy bass tracks there. i'll have to check it out. the size of the sub is quite big tho so if you don't have much space, there's a cylindrical version too which should be smaller.i had no idea how big it was until i got it. luckily for me, i had some space..

djsway...the condo is in ladera ranch (south OC). it's a small place roughly 1400 sq. ft (corner lot, so I only share one wall). I got it for around 521K. ouch!!!

M_Thrizzle 04-04-2006 08:26 PM

There is a section with the 'waterfall' charts, from music or movie passages with lots of bass. It shows you the intensity and frequency spectrum of the bass. You'd have to rent the movies to test out those scenes!

I was thinking of going with the cylindrical 25-30 or something w/ a similar name. I do have room for the big monster boxes but I would have to put it behind my couch and I think it would be too loud cuz it's so close.

Mike325i 04-04-2006 08:31 PM

Looking good, I bet it sounds great... Everyone is always surpised with the size of their svs.. I have a cylender svs, its incredble and also very large. Are those big ass white cables the speaker wire?

BTW, did you know that rotel just came out with the rsx-1057 that has hdmi?

mach330 04-05-2006 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike325i
Looking good, I bet it sounds great... Everyone is always surpised with the size of their svs.. I have a cylender svs, its incredble and also very large. Are those big ass white cables the speaker wire?

BTW, did you know that rotel just came out with the rsx-1057 that has hdmi?

yeps..those are the speaker wires. they really have great insulations. they are bi-wire wires. they are probably overkill, but i love em.

i did hear about the 1057. i should've waited, but then again i had no idea they were coming out so soon. they should be out 2-3 mos as they are just waiting for all the 1056 to be out of stock. i gotta talk to my dealer and see if i can do a trade in or something.

baller99 04-05-2006 12:09 AM

Nice setup! I like your speaker choices, I also have the 603 s3s with a lcr600. I'm trying to decide between dm601s and 602.5s for the rears. Any thoughts?

mach330 04-05-2006 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baller99
Nice setup! I like your speaker choices, I also have the 603 s3s with a lcr600. I'm trying to decide between dm601s and 602.5s for the rears. Any thoughts?

i haven't heard the 602.5's yet, but i love the 602 (for music). i got the 603's for the better bass (even though my svs is more than enough). if you can get or have room for floorstanding like the 602.5's, then that's probably your best bet. i would listen to them first and decide as your own ears is the only thing that matters.

Mike325i 04-05-2006 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baller99
Nice setup! I like your speaker choices, I also have the 603 s3s with a lcr600. I'm trying to decide between dm601s and 602.5s for the rears. Any thoughts?

I would get the 602.5's just for the cool factor. Towers all around is impressive. Plus the price for 601's and stands probably comes out to the same as the floor standers. For multi channel music the towers will probably be a little better since bass response is better than the 601's and is closer to the 603's. Plus the 602.5's are going to look the same as the 603's if you keep the grills on them. or you could get another pair of 603's.

Mach330, I dont know if you mentioned it before but where did you end up buying all the stuff at?

baller99 04-05-2006 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike325i
I would get the 602.5's just for the cool factor. Towers all around is impressive. Plus the price for 601's and stands probably comes out to the same as the floor standers. For multi channel music the towers will probably be a little better since bass response is better than the 601's and is closer to the 603's. Plus the 602.5's are going to look the same as the 603's if you keep the grills on them. or you could get another pair of 603's.

Mach330, I dont know if you mentioned it before but where did you end up buying all the stuff at?

Thanks. :thumbup:

James330I 04-05-2006 08:01 AM

fantabulous

good job. You know your stuff

SVS subs > * they're absolute monsters

mach330 04-05-2006 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike325i
I would get the 602.5's just for the cool factor. Towers all around is impressive. Plus the price for 601's and stands probably comes out to the same as the floor standers. For multi channel music the towers will probably be a little better since bass response is better than the 601's and is closer to the 603's. Plus the 602.5's are going to look the same as the 603's if you keep the grills on them. or you could get another pair of 603's.

Mach330, I dont know if you mentioned it before but where did you end up buying all the stuff at?

I got them at Sound Factor in Glendale, Ca. It's one of those hifi audio place. You can usually get a 10-15% discount if you get the whole package. I also had them throw in the 80ft of cables that I needed which cost around $1.50/ft.

blownE30M3 04-07-2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James330I
SVS subs > * they're absolute monsters


baller99 04-07-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James330I
fantabulous

good job. You know your stuff

SVS subs > * they're absolute monsters

SVS subs offer a great value, but there are better subs out there.

Born Again 04-07-2006 08:28 PM

i like ur decor :thumbup:

i have b&ws as well - they sound great for the $ :)

just ordered some more bello equipment - will post up soon :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use