E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   I just installed NAV-TV.. (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=36580)

GeoMystic 10-19-2002 11:15 PM

I just installed NAV-TV..

I finally did it and installed NAV-TV in my ride!! I know this belongs in the I.C.E. forum, but since this activates the OEM option for television, I figure you guys would appreciate it also. I actually posted all of my pics and my review on the I.C.E. forum page. Here is a link..

NAV-TV in my '03 330i

Let me know what you guys think!! I love this feature

p0tpie 10-19-2002 11:17 PM

dammit thats so cool, i wish i had nav. are you able to watch full shows

GeoMystic 10-19-2002 11:24 PM

Full shows? I can watch what ever is on TV and the picture is still excellent while driving, just a slight static every once in a while, but nothing that gets in the way of enjoying quality TV.

p0tpie 10-19-2002 11:26 PM

damn i wish i had NAV. Tv is better then having dvd, i envy you

e46boy 10-19-2002 11:27 PM

I was told by MANY MANY installers saying that the best place for the antenna should be on top of the windsheild... and that's where i put mine...

since you put them on the PDC strip... how is the reception there?

My reception has static most of the time, somtimes it gets really good and 40% of the time... it has static or just can't see anything at all...

let me know

GeoMystic 10-19-2002 11:31 PM

I have excellent reception, very little static. I was also told the front or rear glass is the best place for the antenna. I was going to change my install eventually, but it looks so good now I think I'm gonna keep it there. THe pics I took were in the backyard that's why the pic has some static, but as soon as I pulled out of the driveway it got clear. Maybe you need a better antenna. Does your look my mine?

Mr Paddle.Shift 10-19-2002 11:33 PM

Looking good, George! Perhaps you can hook up PS2 Gran Turismo with the paddles.... :D

e46boy 10-19-2002 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GeoTopaz330i
I have excellent reception, very little static. I was also told the front or rear glass is the best place for the antenna. I was going to change my install eventually, but it looks so good now I think I'm gonna keep it there. THe pics I took were in the backyard that's why the pic has some static, but as soon as I pulled out of the driveway it got clear. Maybe you need a better antenna. Does your look my mine?
kenwood comes with two diversity antennas... one is VHF(ch 1-13?) and the other one is UHF (ch 40+ )

and yes it looks almost exactly like yours...

my installer installed both in the front windshield because he learned from experience and customers saying that the rear defroster interferes with the reception when it's on.

:dunno: :dunno:

GeoMystic 10-20-2002 01:14 AM

Hmmmm. My diversity antenna is two antennas in one. I have two leads that plug into my video module, but one physical amplifier with two antenna's comming out of it. Also is your ant powered?? Mine is, it is a VDO.

That makes sense about the rear defr interfearing w/ the signal. I guess the windshield should be the best spot. Show some pics of that setup, if you don't mind...

Toli 10-20-2002 01:49 AM

i installed my nav tv a couple months ago and i thought that the windshield would have been the more logical place to mount the antenna, but they said to mount it behind the bumper, my reception isnt too bad but once i start moving it gets a little shaky.....i wonder, if i move it in the front if it would be better?, oh yeah i also connected a dvd player to it also....its really cool watching the news or a movie while i wait for my girlfriend to get out of work.

e46boy 10-20-2002 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GeoTopaz330i
Hmmmm. My diversity antenna is two antennas in one. I have two leads that plug into my video module, but one physical amplifier with two antenna's comming out of it. Also is your ant powered?? Mine is, it is a VDO.

That makes sense about the rear defr interfearing w/ the signal. I guess the windshield should be the best spot. Show some pics of that setup, if you don't mind...

I am not sure if my antenna is powered.. how do i check that? :confused: :confused: :confused:

and also... i don't have my digital camera with me but when i do on monday.. i'll snap some pictures...