E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Raptor DDE vs Predator Chromiums (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=386725)

bumdavid 07-26-2006 03:44 PM

Raptor DDE vs Predator Chromiums

Still dont know which one to get:banghead: I had my eyes on the Predator Chromiums because of the color when it is lit. Is the raptor dde and the predator chromiums look the same when it is lit? Please let me know, thanks alot guys!!! -David

Edison@JleviSW 07-26-2006 04:02 PM

Although many will claim different, they are in fact very different when lit up. Our Predator Chromiums emit a crisp white light with a hint of blue and mimick a perfectly white xenon effect. The rings are also slightly tinted purple to add to this effect and enhance their look when off. The Predator Chromium rings are perfectly sized and matched against OEM width, have a custom dipped chrome backing and unique ridges (similar to OEM rings) built in to improve brightness and eliminate any dead spots.

I might also add that Predator Chromiums feature the easiest installation of all kits on the market with fewer wires and connections necessary :)

Chris@Bimmian 07-26-2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumdavid
Still dont know which one to get:banghead: I had my eyes on the Predator Chromiums because of the color when it is lit. Is the raptor dde and the predator chromiums look the same when it is lit? Please let me know, thanks alot guys!!! -David

Hi David, ask around locally, and you can see the difference in person before making a purchase. I noticed you're from Ontario... I'm not sure if that's Ontario Canada.

Depending where you are located I can direct you to has which kit. Most of the Canadian guys run the Raptors and Titanium V2's.

Where are you located? I can bring samples with me as I'm always around the Oshawa / Toronto / Kitchener/Waterloo area and occassionally London & Windsor.

:hi:

sanyomats 07-26-2006 04:09 PM

I love my raptors....check out uniquedesign website for a pic of the raptors taken during the day!!!!!

Penguin Koolaid 07-26-2006 04:16 PM

Quote:

They're basically identical. Buy what's cheapest. The cusotmer support, quality, warranty, yada yada yada is all the same.

Edison@JleviSW 07-26-2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid
They're basically identical. Buy what's cheapest. The cusotmer support, quality, warranty, yada yada yada is all the same.

Not sure about that last part...few sponsors respond to emails within 15 minutes, staff an 800 number 7 days a week, maintain several AIM SNs, write out proprietary installation guides, offer full lifetime warranties directly through the retailer etc... ;)

ALPIN3 07-26-2006 04:25 PM

eBay FTW. $59.95 shipped...and prewired. :eeps:

...unless warranty is something you care about, then go with Jlevi :)

Penguin Koolaid 07-26-2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW
Not sure about that last part...few sponsors respond to emails within 15 minutes, staff an 800 number 7 days a week, maintain several AIM SNs, write out proprietary installation guides, offer full lifetime warranties directly through the retailer etc... ;)

The last few threads I've seen with people complaining about customer support and their halos have been with your product (JLEVI SW / Umnitza).

Perhaps you remember the one about the ballast shorting out because of water? I believe you guys denied warranty. Funny, that wouldn't have happened if your ballasts were waterproof like the Raptors.

The funny part is, you guys used to carry the Xtex brand halos, and all you did was praise them for their design, and bashed everyone elses. Once Matt got dropped by Jim Powell, suddenly the product was flawed, and not up to par. You guys will say anything to ship a product.

Chris@Bimmian 07-26-2006 05:12 PM

Hi David,

:popcorn:

Here's our :
installation guide

Our warranty

But in the end, superior service, shipping covenience, if you're in the areas I mentioned in my earlier post, I sometimes drop parts off personally to our customers.

Cheers.

ALPIN3 07-26-2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

The last few threads I've seen with people complaining about customer support and their halos have been with your product (JLEVI SW / Umnitza).

Perhaps you remember the one about the ballast shorting out because of water? I believe you guys denied warranty. Funny, that wouldn't have happened if your ballasts were waterproof like the Raptors.

The funny part is, you guys used to carry the Xtex brand halos, and all you did was praise them for their design, and bashed everyone elses. Once Matt got dropped by Jim Powell, suddenly the product was flawed, and not up to par. You guys will say anything to ship a product.

I've noticed this from pretty much every sponsor. Thats why with things like angel eyes, I say go for the style you want thats cheapest. Case in point, I purchased my 7000k angel eyes on ebay for $59 shipped. Looks just as good as the sponsors items and I saved $100. So theres $100 toward another item for my car right there...I appreciate the effort/time/money these sponsor companies put into thier work, but I don't know any of them personally and don't really care about thier pitch if its not the best deal for me (some of you DO know these sponsors as individuals and wish to support them...which is cool by me). Maybe I'm just a jerk...:eeps:

Tyler@UniqueDesign 07-26-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvermachina
I've noticed this from pretty much every sponsor. Thats why with things like angel eyes, I say go for the style you want thats cheapest. Case in point, I purchased my 7000k angel eyes on ebay for $59 shipped. Looks just as good as the sponsors items and I saved $100. So theres $100 toward another item for my car right there...I appreciate the effort/time/money these sponsor companies put into thier work, but I don't know any of them personally and don't really care about thier pitch if its not the best deal for me (some of you DO know these sponsors as individuals and wish to support them...which is cool by me). Maybe I'm just a jerk...:eeps:

The only reason I can argue against ebay is the lack of warranty, and generally the lack of a wiring harness. The kits sold on ebay also usually don't look quite as good. For the most part you can get lifetime gauranteed kits in some style or another from the $130 shipped range. Still $60-70 more than you are paying, but a more complete package. Its like ebay v walmart here.

bumdavid 07-26-2006 08:05 PM

Predator Chromiums & Raptor DDE

Thanks for all who post comments on the tread!!! -David

willyd 07-26-2006 08:13 PM

i've had a really rewarding experience with modbargains... but in the end, they really all are the same...

fir what it's worth: I just got done installing my DDEs from modbargains, and one of the rings ended up being faulty, so i sent an email to mike@modbargains, and he sent a replacement ring that same day. i thought that was some speedy customer service...

will j.

djmatty 07-26-2006 09:55 PM

Where's Ken when you need him?

umnitza 07-29-2006 05:50 PM

Wow, lots of inaccuracies as usual.

What can you do, but to remind the actual customers that take the time to be upset by bad quality products and actually post:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...aptor+chromium

http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/l...p-edition.html

another:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=570842

ice330ci05 07-29-2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris@Bimmian
Hi David,

Here's our :
installation guide

Our warranty

But in the end, superior service, shipping covenience, if you're in the areas I mentioned in my earlier post, I sometimes drop parts off personally to our customers.

Cheers.

i orderd them at
Order Date
08:09:37 Jun 29, 2006 PDT

and it still says
"This order has been transferred to another warehouse and will ship shortly."

when should i be getting them? thanx:thumbsup:

Tyler@UniqueDesign 07-29-2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umnitza

What can you do, but to remind the actual customers that take the time to be upset by bad quality products and actually post:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...aptor+chromium

http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/l...p-edition.html

another:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=570842

The first one is a CWP comparison, and the kit was DOA and he was frustrated by that.

Second one is your comparison, which is fairly embellished if I say so myself, anyone can write a slanted comparison.

Third link he doesn't even say what his issue was, and I've got a feeling he got CWP raptors and it had nothing to do with appearance.

I wouldn't call it misinformation to say the bulbs are the same color. :rolleyes:

Penguin Koolaid 07-29-2006 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umnitza

Care to tell use about your non-hindged carbon fiber strut bar?

umnitza 07-29-2006 09:37 PM

Quote:

Care to tell use about your non-hindged carbon fiber strut bar?

right after you learn how to spell :rofl:

time to get your AIM buddies online so you can all defend each other.:thumbsup:

super330xi 07-29-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

I have the heated Raptor Predator. If you are from Ontario, Canada. you should get this one. They are very good in winter time. I bought one on ebay 2 yrs ago and they wont light up when it's freezing outside.

BTW: I got them from bimmian. (chris, hope you give me discount next time :) (free advertising) :) :)