E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dinan Filter Dimensions.... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=390970)

backdoc 08-09-2006 12:02 PM

Dinan Filter Dimensions....

Any one know the dimensions for a Dinan cone filter for a 323/328. I have a Dinan intake and need a new filter but $59 plus $20 for the sock seems steep. I also think some new technology should be out since the one Dinan uses is 6 years old now. I would like to look into streamline or the new Amsoil line but I need the dimensions. To take the filter out is a PITA so I would like to have a new one handy to replace it with rather than remove, measure and reinstal it, only to repeat the process when the new filter comes in.

backdoc 08-09-2006 01:33 PM

No Brothers of the Dinan cult? :dunno:
Some one has to have found a better replacement filter!

TwoE46s 08-09-2006 01:52 PM

I just got the DINAN part with my BMW CCA discount, and didn't sweat about paying a couple bucks more than a stock K&N filter and worry if I got the right one....... you know us DINAN people, we don't care how much money we spend on mods!!!!:lmao:

Oh mighty Steve Dinan :bow: Oh mighty Steve Dinan :bow:

backdoc 08-09-2006 02:21 PM

Unfortunately no Dinan/BMW Dealers in NJ to use the BMWCCA discount, besides the few dollars saved is not really the point. I am looking to see if there is a better filter available. Not knocking Dinan, some of the mods are great and I like the quality. I just hope this does not become a "flame thread" just looking at filter options :thumbsup:

sna77 08-09-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoE46s
I just got the DINAN part with my BMW CCA discount, and didn't sweat about paying a couple bucks more than a stock K&N filter and worry if I got the right one....... you know us DINAN people, we don't care how much money we spend on mods!!!!:lmao:

Oh mighty Steve Dinan :bow: Oh mighty Steve Dinan :bow:

Wait, you got to use your CCA with Dinan parts? WTF. My Dinan dealer wont take CCA on Dinan stuff.

TwoE46s 08-09-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sna77
Wait, you got to use your CCA with Dinan parts? WTF. My Dinan dealer wont take CCA on Dinan stuff.

Yup!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

TwoE46s 08-09-2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backdoc
Unfortunately no Dinan/BMW Dealers in NJ to use the BMWCCA discount, besides the few dollars saved is not really the point. I am looking to see if there is a better filter available. Not knocking Dinan, some of the mods are great and I like the quality. I just hope this does not become a "flame thread" just looking at filter options :thumbsup:

My DINAN replacement part was actually K&N part and labled as such - I never did think about looking to see if there was a K&N part number on it............. I don't know if there was anything special about it :dunno: . (I just cleaned the water sock) Looks like the normal K&N cone style to me.

BMW Loe 08-09-2006 03:05 PM

K&N RU-5114 will fit, I bought mine for about $33 from a local carparts store.