E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Look at this...it doesn't sound right... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=401325)

david05111 09-12-2006 12:26 PM

Look at this...it doesn't sound right...
 
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573844

This guy claims that the M3 in the video was running 17 PSI on a 3.2 liter swap + TURBO. He also claims that the car is gutted, has gears, and is running race gas. Somehow, the outcome doesn't make that much sense to me. By the looks or Active's numbers, the car should be running low 12s/high 11s easily, not including the gutted interior.

Any thoughts on this?

TaZaM3 09-12-2006 03:14 PM

Bullshit, 17psi S52 with 116 octane = 500whp if not more. They way he described the M3 if it were true, the M3 should have won fairly easily. These domestic guys love their car performance ego's, even lying to make the other car seem faster.

david05111 09-12-2006 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaZaM3 (Post 4859707)
Bullshit, 17psi S52 with 116 octane = 500whp if not more. They way he described the M3 if it were true, the M3 should have won fairly easily. These domestic guys love their car performance ego's, even lying to make the other car seem faster.

Thats exactly what I said. Hell a AA stage 2 is 14 psi and runs low 12s...cmon those guys have to be full of crap.

clean-m-tech330 09-12-2006 03:35 PM

Domestics, BAHHHAHAHAHA- only cars made where you pay 75% the value of the car for the motor and the rest for chromo wheels lol- the sad part is they're quick cars-

GodSendsDeath 09-12-2006 03:36 PM

There is no way that M3 had those specks cuz it ran preety crapy. And those guys are so lame its not even funny. I am sure TZ M3 will take it no sweat. My last C5 prolly take that pille SS... So Slow.:evil: Iam mad at this now lol. I hate when ppl bash car's with lies.

clean-m-tech330 09-12-2006 04:14 PM

A friend of mine has an SS camaro- lol I'm just not a fan of amercian cars, quality just seems to be lacking virtually everywhere- although as i metioned before they're quick- I would definitely take a new z06 though lol

OCswedishM3 09-12-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david05111 (Post 4859784)
Thats exactly what I said. Hell a AA stage 2 is 14 psi and runs low 12s...cmon those guys have to be full of crap.

i want to boost that

clean-m-tech330 09-12-2006 05:25 PM

^

lol, do it!

Tyler@UniqueDesign 09-13-2006 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clean-m-tech330 (Post 4860445)
^

lol, do it!

It still kills me that the E36 M3 can get more power to the wheels than the E46 M3 when modded. I'm waiting on the E46 guys to catch up.

david05111 09-13-2006 12:25 PM

That thread I posted is getting pretty good now...

The guy has now admitted that the M3 was not running 17, that it wasn't gutted, and that it was running on street tires.

The camaro was running on drag radials. Somebody else posted a vid on there of the camaro getting burned when the M3 got traction...

He tried to be a smart ass and say that he and his hick friends beat up on a car (even exagerating its specs) and now he's getting

etwd 09-13-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david05111 (Post 4864194)
That thread I posted is getting pretty good now...

The guy has now admitted that the M3 was not running 17, that it wasn't gutted, and that it was running on street tires.

The camaro was running on drag radials. Somebody else posted a vid on there of the camaro getting burned when the M3 got traction...

He tried to be a smart ass and say that he and his hick friends beat up on a car (even exagerating its specs) and now he's getting


Please post the video link where the SS got burned by the M3
Thanks,

david05111 09-13-2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etwd (Post 4864499)
Please post the video link where the SS got burned by the M3
Thanks,

Its on the second page of the thread that I posted...

I'll post it here if I have time, but I think racing is against the rules of this forum, so I might just have to direct you to it...

Tyler@UniqueDesign 09-13-2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david05111 (Post 4864567)
Its on the second page of the thread that I posted...

I'll post it here if I have time, but I think racing is against the rules of this forum, so I might just have to direct you to it...

Shrug, its not as bad as everyones making it out to be. The E36 sucks for traction and it was dumb to not at least drop the tire pressures some. Further a good driver can get past traction issues - if you know your car you use the clutch and the gas pedal to limit wheel spin. I know with a turbo car thats hard, but thats why turbos suck on a road course - which leads to my last point - that E36 is NOT setup for a road course if its running a turbo with that much boost. The spool would make it spin off the track in a 30 mph turn.

david05111 09-13-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler@UniqueDesign (Post 4864658)
Shrug, its not as bad as everyones making it out to be. The E36 sucks for traction and it was dumb to not at least drop the tire pressures some. Further a good driver can get past traction issues - if you know your car you use the clutch and the gas pedal to limit wheel spin. I know with a turbo car thats hard, but thats why turbos suck on a road course - which leads to my last point - that E36 is NOT setup for a road course if its running a turbo with that much boost. The spool would make it spin off the track in a 30 mph turn.

I know...I was thinking the same thing. The 325 he mentioned is probably the one thats set up for track, but the turbo M3 isn't. Still...that race was unfair from the start...

Although I dont think that SC cars have a problem at the track, do they? Their power is linear enough that it shouldnt cause major problems at a track...

Tyler@UniqueDesign 09-13-2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david05111 (Post 4864786)
I know...I was thinking the same thing. The 325 he mentioned is probably the one thats set up for track, but the turbo M3 isn't. Still...that race was unfair from the start...

Although I dont think that SC cars have a problem at the track, do they? Their power is linear enough that it shouldnt cause major problems at a track...

Right, SC cars = linear build of boost and completely predictable. Turbo cars, especially those running 14+ PSI have lag, so the driver hits the gas coming out of the corner, the engine bogs for a second and there is no traction issue, the turbo spools, full boost is reached, there is a torque overload and the wheels spin. With LSD it will make the car a beast to even keep on the track.

I'm guessing that M3 is setup more for drag anyway becuase of the turbo. He needs to put some softer rear springs on the car, set the rear so the half shafts are straight and he has almost 0 camber, and run a 245 DR if he wants to have a chance against a solid axle car with a V8. Turbo can win from a dig just gotta know how to drive and set it up.

clean-m-tech330 09-13-2006 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler@UniqueDesign (Post 4862309)
It still kills me that the E36 M3 can get more power to the wheels than the E46 M3 when modded. I'm waiting on the E46 guys to catch up.

it's true though- i've seen a couple crazy turbo e36's, they're fast as hell and sound mean as can be

TaZaM3 09-13-2006 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler@UniqueDesign (Post 4862309)
It still kills me that the E36 M3 can get more power to the wheels than the E46 M3 when modded. I'm waiting on the E46 guys to catch up.



Not really true. We just havent put the big boost of turbo like they have, it did take how many years for the E36 to get good power? I think the E46 is moving well, you can get mid 4xxrwhp with a reliable SC kit. Turbo's will rise soon, i promise you and you will see some giant numbers..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use